Levi Wallace #1 CB through week 7 per pff

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-ranking-the-2018-nfl-draft-cornerback-prospects-through-week-7

Coverage snaps/completion %/passer rating: 206/29.0%/0.7

Alabama always has physically-gifted and technically sound cornerbacks and this year is no different. Wallace predominantly lines-up on the left side of the Alabama defense and has an impressive coverage stat line of only nine catches on 30 targets for 95 yards with three interceptions. Most impressively however, is Wallace’s impact on a quarterback’s performance as the passer rating when throwing into Wallace’s coverage is what appears to be a typo at only 0.7, a mark which ranks him No. 1 among all FBS draft-eligible cornerbacks and a firm hold at the top of this list.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-10-impactful-udfa-for-2018

CB Levi Wallace, Buffalo Bills | PFF Big Board Rank: No. 122

Screen-Shot-2018-04-30-at-9.05.59-PM.png

Former Alabama cornerback Levi Wallace (6-foot, 179 pounds; 4.62 40-yard dash) doesn’t have ideal measurables for the position at the next level, but his grades in his one year as a starter tell a different story.

The former Crimson Tide walk-on played just 99 defensive snaps in his collegiate career before his senior campaign in Tuscaloosa. Despite his lack of experience, Wallace had exceptional coverage numbers across 782 defensive snaps in 2017. He ranked eighth among draft-eligible cornerbacks in passer rating allowed when targeted (44.3), allowing zero touchdowns and logging three interceptions in the process. He earned an 81.7 coverage grade for his efforts.

The fear of Wallace being a one-year wonder is valid, and his lack of size will cost if he isn’t able to bulk up any further. However, the former ‘no-star’ recruit is no stranger to doubts and uphill battles, and if he can mirror his 2017 play in camp, he should defy the odds once again.

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Bolt/2018-NFL-Draft-Six-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Football-players-among-PFFs-top-100-draft-eligible-players-115717655

95. Levi Wallace

A great story, Wallace was a walk-on at Alabama, and went from flag football to starting for the Crimson Tide in just a few seasons. His one season of extensive playing time was excellent and he didn’t allow a single touchdown across 68 targets. He wasn’t beaten for a catch longer than 30 yards all year. Although, he did struggle at the Senior Bowl during practices and in the game, and is a very lightweight player that may be overmatched at the NFL level. – Sam Monson

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/139467/levi-wallace

Bills signed Alabama CB Levi Wallace.
Wallace (6’0/179) originally walked on at Alabama, paid his dues, and exploded as a senior to lead the SEC in pass breakups (18) with three interceptions. PFF College charged Wallace with an anemic 47.3 QB rating when targeted and zero TDs allowed. Wallace struggled with bigger, physical wideouts in the SEC and disappointed with a 4.63 forty in Indy, however, and his transition to covering NFL receivers is fair to doubt. May 2 - 7:47 PM
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Him and I played for the same HS coach (whom I later coached with after I finished playing in college) and he has nothing but great things to say about him and his family. Levi is an excellent kid who his very determined and very intelligent. Assuming he can stay healthy, I cannot see the business side of this relationship prevailing over the football side of Levi's talent and work ethic. I think he will be here as a productive special teamer who will surprise and earn PT later. 

Edited by FrankoElTanko

Definitely an intriguing UDFA signing, and one that I'll be following closely.  

He seems like like a guy worth developing, and I believe he landed in a really good spot to do so, having both McDermott and John Butler (who I think was a fantastic hire). Both have shown an ability to develop CB's and/or make them better. 

Plus I think he could do well in this scheme.

Thr Bills really need some of these UDFA's to work out this year. Fingers crossed on Wallace!