OneBuffalo App For Season Tickets

Has anyone tried transferring any of their individual season tickets to the OneBuffalo app yet?

I split a ticket with my aunt so she uses the cards and I  usually just print the tickets out from the account for my games but now that the Bills have gone full mobile I wanted to get a jump on trying out the app before the first preseason game. I downloaded it last night and the app for me is borderline unusable which fits with all of the negative reviews in the app store. I had to reinstall several times before I could even get it to bring me the log in screen. It also requires a lot of access to your phone to use which seems pretty odd to me.... why would a ticketing app require access to my photos and recording devices?

I noticed that the OneBuffalo app also asks to link to your ticketmaster account so my hope is that when I finally attempt the transfer that the tickets will end up in my ticketmaster account as well so I could just use that app which actually functions like you'd expect.

In any case I wanted to reach out to the community for their experiences before I actually try the transfer to hopefully avoid any pitfalls anyone else has experienced so far.

I believe the cards are still in place. This only applies to transferring any of your season tickets and I assume individual game tickets going forward as well.

Before if you wanted to give a ticket to a friend you could print them from your account, or lend them your card which I'm sure most people wouldn't really want to do. Now you can still lend them your card and if not then you have to transfer them from your account electronically to an email address that will be associated with an account on the OneBuffalo app which they would use to get into the game.

Basically no more paper tickets at all. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Metal Man
  • Like (+1) 1

I've got a couple people that regularly buy a game or two from me. I'm just going to call the ticket office and ask for them to print me tickets and send them, because I'll claim the people are old and don't have smart phones. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I really like the electronic tickets - works really well and is conveniently in my phone so I don't have to deal with a printed page of ads and such. The technology also makes it super easy to transfer to a friend or sell the ticket to someone else -- because you simply enter their email address and "transfer" the ticket to them electronically. They do not need the app to download the bar code (at least they didn't last year) but having the app does make it easier, and, to be eligible for prize giveaways you should have it anyways.

45 minutes ago, TikiTailgateRentals said:

I highly recommend taking screen shots of the tickets from the app.  Had the app freeze up on my a few times last year while at the gate.  

A picture is a good idea. I have been doing that with as well mobile airline ticketing to avoid any app problems at the last second.

Mead & Jack, let us know how the request for paper tickets works out for you guys.

4 hours ago, Metal Man said:

A picture is a good idea. I have been doing that with as well mobile airline ticketing to avoid any app problems at the last second.

Mead & Jack, let us know how the request for paper tickets works out for you guys.

Will do

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Metal Man said:

Was talking with my rep this morning about something else and brought up getting paper tickets. The ticket office still has the ability to print tickets, but they will charge you an additional fee to do it. She also pointed out that several teams are completely digital. 

On 7/12/2018 at 12:39 PM, Just Jack said:

Was talking with my rep this morning about something else and brought up getting paper tickets. The ticket office still has the ability to print tickets, but they will charge you an additional fee to do it. She also pointed out that several teams are completely digital. 

Thanks for the info.

I'm not concerned with the idea of digital tickets. Have been using the ticketmaster app for concerts for a little while and it works fine. I have just been concerned about this season for the Bills because the OneBuffalo App that you evidently have to use for this is a POS.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:36 PM, NY Nole said:

I really like the electronic tickets - works really well and is conveniently in my phone so I don't have to deal with a printed page of ads and such. The technology also makes it super easy to transfer to a friend or sell the ticket to someone else -- because you simply enter their email address and "transfer" the ticket to them electronically. They do not need the app to download the bar code (at least they didn't last year) but having the app does make it easier, and, to be eligible for prize giveaways you should have it anyways.

do they charge a transfer fee? They used to

Just thought of one way this will suck, ticket donations. Sometimes with the preseason games, I would print out the pdf tickets and give them along with my parking pass to the local Make A Wish chapter. Can’t do that easily now. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am struggling with this.  I am moderately computer savvy and can usually work around nearly everything.

I share season tickets with a friend who manages the account, but can usually only make 1 or 2 games.  I have printed the tickets for me and whoever goes and it has been seamless and easy.

I cant get the tickets.  The One Buffalo App is broken and unusable.  I can see them on a browser somewhere if I follow the thread the ticket transfer email leads me... but this doesnt seem like a good or dependable solution... not to mention I guess I will have to enter alongside whoever I attend the game with no matter what?  This is silly.  

You would think they would try to roll this out once they have a mobile app that isnt broken

Edited by May Day 10

On 7/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Just spoke to my rep. Resales on Stubhub are still possible. The buyer will just have to have the Ticketmaster app to use the tickets 

I'm confused.  If you buy the tickets on StubHub why would you need the ticket master app?  Wont you just be able to use/screen shot the tickets that StubHub sends you?

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I'm confused.  If you buy the tickets on StubHub why would you need the ticket master app?  Wont you just be able to use/screen shot the tickets that StubHub sends you?

You have to be able to show the digital ticket. That requires the Ticketmaster app. You can still buy the ticket with Stubhub, but it is downloaded to the TM app.

37 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You have to be able to show the digital ticket. That requires the Ticketmaster app. You can still buy the ticket with Stubhub, but it is downloaded to the TM app.

Right.  I guess I thought StubHub would still be sending a digital ticket that I could show from my phone.  At least that's the way they make it sound as I am about to purchase Bills/Titans tickets.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:24 PM, TikiTailgateRentals said:

I highly recommend taking screen shots of the tickets from the app.  Had the app freeze up on my a few times last year while at the gate.  

Add them to your Wallet, for whatever phone you have. They'd be on your phone, rather than having to access any app.

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I am struggling with this.  I am moderately computer savvy and can usually work around nearly everything.

I share season tickets with a friend who manages the account, but can usually only make 1 or 2 games.  I have printed the tickets for me and whoever goes and it has been seamless and easy.

I cant get the tickets.  The One Buffalo App is broken and unusable.  I can see them on a browser somewhere if I follow the thread the ticket transfer email leads me... but this doesnt seem like a good or dependable solution... not to mention I guess I will have to enter alongside whoever I attend the game with no matter what?  This is silly.  

You would think they would try to roll this out once they have a mobile app that isnt broken

The One Buffalo app works fine for me. Click on the game, you either add to your wallet, or have the option to sell/transfer tickets. I use the same email/password combo for both Ticketmaster and the One Buffalo app, just to avoid confusion on my part. It's convenient since you don't have to carry both the card and your phone. You just need to carry the phone. You can always transfer a ticket to someone else, if you don't go with them. The stipulation is that they have to have a tm account, I believe.