Training Camp Autographs

Virgil

It was a lot easier back in the day.   In 2005,  I went to three practices and ended up with 12 autographs at the end of the summer.   You were able to get down closer to the field then.  They also did a better job of spacing the crowd out.

Took my then 5 year old son two years ago and it was an absolute zoo when the players came out to sign.   People lost their minds over Cardale Jones and started pushing my son up against the barriers.   I hope the "grown ups" yelling "Yo 12 gauge" while shoving an Ohio State Mini Helmet at him made the money they spent on the helmet back when they sold it on eBay.

My son got autographs from AJM, Poyer, Phillips, Schmidt, DiMarco, and Siran Neal.  Combo of sitting near tunnel and lining-up next to field in front of bleachers.  Tried to get Josh Allen's auto a couple times but couldn't.

And some guy brought a buffalo skull to sign.  Haven't seen that before.

Sunday was a great day for autographs. Shady and Ivory in the tent. All three QBs signed at the walls. Peterson was very nice. Kyle, Hyde, Edmunds, Wyatt, Cooper and many others spent a full hour+ after practice. This is what we get when the team brings in high-character players.

Last season they really have limited how many kids can get in for the tent autograph signing, also you had to lineup halfway through practice to actually get a spot, the fence is much better but hit or miss and a ton of obnoxious adults and 20 somethings pushing kids out of the way. Training camp used to be so much better with fan player interaction before it became so popular, it all started with the TO signing.