Cowboys and Guard Zack Martin Agree on a Six-Year, $84M Deal

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Seems like a lot of fake money in that deal

Yup.  Thanks for 26 for reporting the guarantee money because I can’t stand when they report the contracts like most players will ever see that money.  

He is an amazing G but in a salary cap, that’s a lot for a position that isn’t really a make or break one. 

8 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I remember 10 years ago when we paid Dockery 56 million and he was worth about 5.    

I’d rather NOT remember that! If you’re going to pay, pay for someone who can actually PLAY! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I remember 10 years ago when we paid Dockery 56 million and he was worth about 5.    

...LOL...Marv brought in "The Beef".......remember Langston Walker at 6'8, 360 lbs?......only problem was instead of USDA Choice, we got horse meat.....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Marv made none of the decisions on who was signed to contracts.

...in his defense, he reverted to the age old philosophy of "building from the ball out".......think "The Hogs" and Deadskins' OL dominance......just don't know the quality of the beef until you start grillin'.......

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I remember when people here scoffed at those who wanted to 'waste a pick' on a guard when David Decastro was drafted.  Ask Leveon Bell how that draft pick worked out.

DD is a great G.  But I’d argued that having a HOF qb and wr are major factors as well.  A couple years ago, there were 2 top 10 pick Gs who were giant busts (Womack and The guy the Pats traded Jones for).  

Gs are not that hard to find if you have the other pieces in place. Martin also is on another level.