TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE: 'I come from hard times, and I don't want to go back'

elroy16

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My two favorite players are the team are LSU guys....Tre and Kyle.  Maybe I should become a Tiger fan?

I’ve extended and open invitation to come down for any LSU game that you guys want. It is INSANE. They do play UGA the day before the Bills Texans. It’s only about 3 - 3.5 hours from there. They also have home games with Ole Miss, Miss. St. and Alabama this year. 

To me, Tre is a perfect example of what McD is preaching about the kind of guys he wants on his football team.  High character factor, and very skilled.  The two are not mutually exclusive.  White is an example of the effect of that combination on the team.  We have had talented players with little to no character, and we see what that produces.  

I've listened to or try to, all the player interviews on the radio and it seems like every one of them has humble roots and an outstanding story. These guys...mcbeane are really  blowing me away with the guys they're finding and bringing in. They are building a dynasty right in front of our eyes. I haven't been this excited in over 20 years. I'm loving it!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve extended and open invitation to come down for any LSU game that you guys want. It is INSANE. They do play UGA the day before the Bills Texans. It’s only about 3 - 3.5 hours from there. They also have home games with Ole Miss, Miss. St. and Alabama this year. 

I’ll wear my Tre White Bills jersey

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Learn to spell “go” as “Geaux” and you’ll fit right in with us!

I played LSU in baseball my senior year and it was pretty crazy.  We were a mid major and the game still sold out...you guys love baseball.

I played LF and got heckled the whole game.  They read my bio online so they knew a lot about me so they accurately heckled me.

We got slaughtered and after the game, the fans invited us to their bbq in the parking lot.  They fed us great food before our long bus trip back....pretty awesome.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 4

I love seeing this. The small minded, the privileged and those who are blessed with opportunity don't get it. Baby Shaq or whatever the F you want to call him saw a way out. I'm certain that football is his platform but his greatness will be what he wants to do once he is free. 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I went to the Arkansas vs LSU game last year. It was my first visit to Death Valley. I went to the LSU vs Alabama game the Saturday before.

7 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I went to the Arkansas vs LSU game last year. It was my first visit to Death Valley. I went to the LSU vs Alabama game the Saturday before.

I don’t think that I was there for Arkansas but might have been. I went to LSU-Auburn, and Auburn-Alabama last year. That was my first Iron Bowl and it was pretty incredible. 

21 hours ago, elroy16 said:

White is always in control on the field. When I watch Gilmore, there are times he seems like he's just barely keeping it together while playing coverage, while White looks like he's always calm and collected. I think it's easier to get away with a little grab here and there if it doesn't look like you're using that tug to stay with a receiver.

Here's an example. Gilmore makes a nice play on the ball, but at the top of the route it looks like he almost falls back and is totally out of the play. 

SnoopyEasyBoubou-size_restricted.gif

I used Gilmore as an example because it felt like he was called for illegal contact all too frequently. 

To be Fairbanks Gilmore stumbles backwards at The top of the route because the WR extends his hands and gives him a slightl push off

looks nothing bad in slow mode but it definitely pushed him off his mark

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I know, and you were correct.  He was holding him all game long.   I want guys who are going to stretch the rules all the way, the best players do.   We see Pats olinemen getting away with holding all game long.   And there's an art form to getting away with it.  Tre seems to have the gift.   

I thought it was telling (and funny) that when Benjamin got his penalty for pushing off in the Jax playoff game, Romo was not "yep, that's a penalty"

Romo instead was "he pushed off high, that's why they called it.  Benjamin, you got to push off low on that kind of a play."

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

To be Fairbanks Gilmore stumbles backwards at The top of the route because the WR extends his hands and gives him a slightl push off

looks nothing bad in slow mode but it definitely pushed him off his mark

Good point, I missed that.

I was looking for another example and saw this one.

crabtree.gif

I don't miss him looking for someone else to blame. Whether it was someone else's fault or not, it just looks bad. 

• Haha (+1) 2