LeSean McCoy seems to buy into Daboll's offensive scheme

Happy

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean, what is he going to say?  Maybe a younger McCoy might but he’s getting paid really well by the  Bills. Plus, it’s a run heavy offense.  The true test is when it’s a month into the season and he’s facing 8/9 guys in the box.

He's seen stacked boxes at times since he's been in Buffalo.  He will produce regardless because he is an elite talent.  He will also produce because in spite of questions at QB, they will be able to throw at times, just like Tyrod could at times.

I doubt we hear him complain even if he has reason to.  Don't recall him throwing Dennison or Roman under the bus; or a teammate either for that matter.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean, what is he going to say?  Maybe a younger McCoy might but he’s getting paid really well by the  Bills. Plus, it’s a run heavy offense.  The true test is when it’s a month into the season and he’s facing 8/9 guys in the box.

...exactly why McDaboll's menu must include developing a viable,  threatening passing game, especially downfield (previously uncharted territory)......

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

McCoy is going to have 70 receptions in this offense and make another pro bowl if he can stay healthy. 

....ideal situation would be to have McCoy emulate Thurmal's versatility and see if we have a Kenneth Davis or two on the roster as a compliment.....

• Like (+1) 1

It's obviously hard to know for sure, but this piece makes it sound like Shady is buying in to this new offense, which is obviously important from your best player (on offense). 

When he was first hired, I was pumped up for our run game because I thought his blocking scheme fit our o line very well. Now... who knows with this patchwork o line. But I'm still excited about Daboll. 

Let's be real here, though - Daboll isn't exactly working with a great offense here. I mean really, we have no clue what he has on offense with such HUGE question marks at QB and 4/5ths of the offensive line. Much of his success in year 1 will likely come down to those 2 things. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Rex took the same approach....it didn’t end well for him....

Same with Greg Roman. He had a massive playbook. Wanted to try and confuse the defense. I remember Shady saying that he'd install sometimes 100+ plays on a given week. Anthony Lynn came in and simplified it, with good results. 

Hopefully the results with Daboll are much better. 

He seems like a really smart guy, though, and I like a lot of what he says/believes.

I hope he can stick around a while. I'd love to see some continuity on that side of the ball. It'd be awesome to actually have the same offenseive and defensive staff for a few years in a row (or longer...) for a change. 

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

It's obviously hard to know for sure, but this piece makes it sound like Shady is buying in to this new offense, which is obviously important from your best player (on offense). 

When he was first hired, I was pumped up for our run game because I thought his blocking scheme fit our o line very well. Now... who knows with this patchwork o line. But I'm still excited about Daboll. 

Let's be real here, though - Daboll isn't exactly working with a great offense here. I mean really, we have no clue what he has on offense with such HUGE question marks at QB and 4/5ths of the offensive line. Much of his success in year 1 will likely come down to those 2 things. 

Same with Greg Roman. He had a massive playbook. Wanted to try and confuse the defense. I remember Shady saying that he'd install sometimes 100+ plays on a given week. Anthony Lynn came in and simplified it, with good results. 

Hopefully the results with Daboll are much better. 

He seems like a really smart guy, though, and I like a lot of what he says/believes.

I hope he can stick around a while. I'd love to see some continuity on that side of the ball. It'd be awesome to actually have the same offenseive and defensive staff for a few years in a row (or longer...) for a change. 

...anybody remember when Al Saunders was KC's OC?.....he was lured away by Boy Danny Snyder and the Deadskins as their new OC....his playbook was purported to be 700 PAGES....700?.......i'D BET a dozen guys ended up on IR with hernias from carrying the damn thing to meetings.....um overkill?.......Billy Joe Hobert would STILL be reading..oh wait.....

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

it does not appear that a system will be force fed on the players by an OC thinking his system means more than the players executing it.

Rex Ryan looks on disapprovingly (yeah I know offense/defense).

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The true test is when it’s a month into the season and he’s facing 8/9 guys in the box.

Like he has for his entire career?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If Rex Ryan looks on disapprovingly, then you know you're doing the right thing.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

It doesn't really matter what Shady "buys into" or doesn't buy into.

Just run when they put the ball in your hands, Shady.

Silly statement. Really, really silly.

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If Rex Ryan looks on disapprovingly, then you know you're doing the right thing.

?

56 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Like he has for his entire career?

McCoy averaged 4 ypc last year.  That’s pretty good for most rbs but that is a bad year for Shady. In his best years, he had guys like Jackson, Maclin, and Watkins as deep threats.

i know everyone loves to hate on Sammy now that he is not a Bill but he is a legit threat defenses have to pay attention to.  It’s not a coincidence that Gurley went from giant bust in his 2nd year to the best rb in the nfl last year.  With no outside speed, you are severely going to hurt your run game.

McCoy is borderline great but I can see this year being a struggle for him and it has nothing to do with his ability.

On 6/15/2018 at 12:08 PM, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Rex only managed to  confuse himself

...normal state for the proverbial azzclown......the snake oil salesman even "buffaloed Buffalo" into signing him.....special thanks to Mr. Russ Brandon....thank God they're BOTH gone.....

On 6/13/2018 at 3:20 PM, Augie said:

Rex took the same approach....it didn’t end well for him....

Wrex confused himself ;) 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:08 PM, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Rex only managed to  confuse himself

Only read the first page before I posted.