Sad day. Tim Graham out at Buffalo News

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Fair enough. Hope you don't get fired at your job because the boss thinks this is ridiculous, which of course has zero to do with job performance. ;)

FYI, what I stated is rare and far from the norm. With Graham I did ignore the twit stuff because I enjoyed his features. He’s an ass but nowhere near as colossal an ass as to ignore the good stuff.

i do draw the line at cults.

Too bad I think Tim is an exceptional writer.  I get why people don’t like on Twitter, but in his defense most of his rude tweets are in response to followers who either are trolling him or sending him harassing comments.  He rarely goes after someone who didn’t come at him first.

it doesn’t change the fact that he’s written some very stories and is highly regarded locally as one of the most well-informed sources in WNY

IMO I don’t think of this has to do with th Bennett tweet.  I think it’s all about cutting payroll to become more profitable next fiscal year.  

I'll remember Graham for two things:  entertaining storytelling with TBN, and unnecessary snark towards well-intentioned fans on social media.

I know none of his peers will utter a negative word against him because of the "brotherhood" but I don't think he's a very good person, deep down.  Seems to be the type of guy who is good to those who "kiss the ring," so to speak.  Good writer though.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think this is true.  This site, like every message board, has consistent bickering because of differences in opinion.

and the "consistent bickering because of differences in opinion" is acceptable here, but nowhere else....?

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll remember Graham for two things:  entertaining storytelling with TBN, and unnecessary snark towards well-intentioned fans on social media.

I know none of his peers will utter a negative word against him because of the "brotherhood" but I don't think he's a very good person, deep down.  Good writer though.

You and I are on the same side of the vast majority of things over the years and I respect your opinion and it's obviously okay to disagree on virtually anything. I don't get, however, the idea that his snark makes him a bad person deep down. Don Rickles was known as one of the best and nicest guys. And I know you are not saying that all snarkers are like Tim or just because you are snarky you are a bad guy deep down. But his particular brand of snark never made me think he was a bad guy. Thin skinned, sure.

Carry on. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Keukasmallies said:

and the "consistent bickering because of differences in opinion" is acceptable here, but nowhere else....?

I'm not sure where you're coming from when you're saying it's acceptable or not.  A lot of opinions on here aren't glorified and there are posters who are vilified...it's not just the sports writers.  T

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tim Graham is a petulant child on Twitter. Tim Graham’s long story pieces are some of the best sports journalism I’ve ever seen. Unlike the other guys at TBN he was an asset.

So Tim's persona on Twitter was molded to match the medium?

Edited by Keukasmallies

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Tim Graham is a petulant child on Twitter. Tim Graham’s long story pieces are some of the best sports journalism I’ve ever seen. Unlike the other guys at TBN he was an asset.

Asset, yes.  Timeh is a very good writer.   But his specialty, long form pieces, is an expensive luxury for a mid-size regional newspaper like the BN.   

Now The Athletic, that's another matter.    They should scoop him up... 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Asset, yes.  Timeh is a very good writer.   But his specialty, long form pieces, is an expensive luxury for a mid-size regional newspaper like the BN.   

Now The Athletic, that's another matter.    They should scoop him up... 

100% agree

My point was just he offers SOMETHING. Sully and Bucky at this point are nothing more than tired, negative content. That used to be the way to get attention. Now, you just need to be interesting and fresh. They are neither.  People will accept negativity if it is new but writing “same ol’ Bills” articles over and over doesn’t work anymore.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Fans rip coaches, refs, some players, announcers and writers. Most of those doing the ripping are unable to do any of those things half as well as those they rip. The Internet and Twitter are the refuge for the talentless blowhards to criticize, and produce little of value, anonymously of course.

• Like (+1) 1