BillsEnthusiast

Sad day. Tim Graham out at Buffalo News

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I dont really participate in twitter, so I guess Im immune

If you possess a sense of humor, I'd say you'd have been immune too.  I found 99% of his interactions to be funny.  Others obviously didn't. 

No big loss.  His Tweet about Vic Carucci posing with Cornholius Bennett was just mean-spirited and nasty.

• Like 2

Just now, freester said:

what was the tweet about Bennett?

Wondered why Vic had his arm around a convicted rapist.

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I wonder if the Bennett rape tweet did him in?

Probably not nearly what Bennett rape does....

Wonder if ESPN will take him back? :lol:

14 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Wtf? So you want to compartmentalize, terrific, but that in no way erases him being a douche. That type of persona is what hinders many skilled/talented people from flourishing.

So it's not so much "people here" as it is society on a whole.

I'll ask again, do you consider the Chef's twitter feed when he is cooking you dinner? Do you consider an actor's politics when he or she are performing in a movie or TV show? Do you consider a politician's favorite team when you discuss their politics? Take what he writes for the article's merit. There was nothing of Tim Graham's snarkiness in his terrific five part series on Josh Allen's roots. Zero point zero. 

I think that TBN putting up the paywall was the sign that the end was near. I hate paywalls, and there is good content everywhere. I wish him well. It's just a different world.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

News' sports section is dead, guys. 

is it? A resurrection, perhaps? 

200w.gif

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'll ask again, do you consider the Chef's twitter feed when he is cooking you dinner? Do you consider an actor's politics when he or she are performing in a movie or TV show? Do you consider a politician's favorite team when you discuss their politics? Take what he writes for the article's merit. There was nothing of Tim Graham's snarkiness in his terrific five part series on Josh Allen's roots. Zero point zero. 

Disagree. I will avoid the actor, chef etc. if their actions warrant it(to me). I won’t go to a Tom Cruise movie because I don’t approve of his choices.

Can this be to my own personal detriment? Absolutely, but, I’m ok with that.

• Like 2

Personally I liked most everything he did.  The Bennett Twitter was a bit bizarre and possibly done on purpose.  I wish him well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Disagree. I will avoid the actor, chef etc. if their actions warrant it(to me). I won’t go to a Tom Cruise movie because I don’t approve of his choices.

Can this be to my own personal detriment? Absolutely, but, I’m ok with that.

Fair enough. Hope you don't get fired at your job because the boss thinks this is ridiculous, which of course has zero to do with job performance. ;)

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Fair enough. Hope you don't get fired at your job because the boss thinks this is ridiculous, which of course has zero to do with job performance. ;)

Trump Hotel? Fugetaboutit! It’s a personal choice.

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Trump Hotel? Fugetaboutit! It’s a personal choice.

That explains everything. 🤑

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

FYI, what I stated is rare and far from the norm. With Graham I did ignore the twit stuff because I enjoyed his features. He’s an ass but nowhere near as colossal an ass as to ignore the good stuff.

i do draw the line at cults.

Too bad I think Tim is an exceptional writer.  I get why people don’t like on Twitter, but in his defense most of his rude tweets are in response to followers who either are trolling him or sending him harassing comments.  He rarely goes after someone who didn’t come at him first.

it doesn’t change the fact that he’s written some very stories and is highly regarded locally as one of the most well-informed sources in WNY

IMO I don’t think of this has to do with th Bennett tweet.  I think it’s all about cutting payroll to become more profitable next fiscal year.  

Why is it that sports writers' opinions are vilified, yet the opinions of TBD posters are glorified?

Josh is serious about rebuilding the sports desk.   Out with the jaded, lifer crew.    In with the fresh new eyes.   

Interesting times...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'll remember Graham for two things:  entertaining storytelling with TBN, and unnecessary snark towards well-intentioned fans on social media.

I know none of his peers will utter a negative word against him because of the "brotherhood" but I don't think he's a very good person, deep down.  Seems to be the type of guy who is good to those who "kiss the ring," so to speak.  Good writer though.

Edited by eball
  • Like 2

Just now, Keukasmallies said:

Why is it that sports writers' opinions are vilified, yet the opinions of TBD posters are glorified?

I don't think this is true.  This site, like every message board, has consistent bickering because of differences in opinion.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think this is true.  This site, like every message board, has consistent bickering because of differences in opinion.

and the "consistent bickering because of differences in opinion" is acceptable here, but nowhere else....?

Tim Graham is a petulant child on Twitter. Tim Graham’s long story pieces are some of the best sports journalism I’ve ever seen. Unlike the other guys at TBN he was an asset.

• Like 2