Sad day. Tim Graham out at Buffalo News

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

What Graham wrote was a feature piece on Allen. Any journalist doing a feature piece on Allen tells the delta smelt story. If they don't, they're not writing a feature piece of Allen. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917395/article/josh-allen-why-drafts-most-intriguing-qb-prospect-might-also-be-the-best

https://www.si.com/vault/2017/05/09/no-one-no-1

I dunno, I googled "feature story on josh allen" and read the first two long features and neither of them mentioned it before I stopped looking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

There are a lot of bad takes in this thread. It was clear by timing of the announcement, and then further confirmed by Tim, this was not a part of the original cost cutting measures.  If he was fired or nudged out it was because of something or multiple things that happened after the restructuring.

When I heard the news it was clear to me that he had been very upset at the writers who were let go, the reasoning behind them being let go,  and with the recent dustup with Vic and the deleting of that tweet, it’s clear there was some acrimony behind the scenes. He never struck me as a fall in line to kind of guy

Sorry but you mean upset AT them or at the fact they were let go?

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917395/article/josh-allen-why-drafts-most-intriguing-qb-prospect-might-also-be-the-best

https://www.si.com/vault/2017/05/09/no-one-no-1

I dunno, I googled "feature story on josh allen" and read the first two long features and neither of them mentioned it before I stopped looking.

I stand corrected. But it just tells me they didn't write a good feature story because that story tells you who Allen is and what drives him.

18 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

if you're so good at it, why don't you give it a shot.

you spend a lot of time on this board complaining about how biased and one-sided the reporting is at The Buffalo News, that all  they put out are negative stories.

well, look in the mirror promo, you are the hypocrite doing exactly the same, but with far less nuance or skill.

it's only predictable that you landed on the first page of this thread. i can only imagine how you must have scrambled to open up your computer and pen some real witty retort to pile on and make your voice heard.

and all we got was this dud or a response.

par for the course.

yup, you know sh#t all right.

jw

Boom

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

the latter...

Ok I figured as much but wanted to be sure.

I did see TG out the other night with Vogl after he was let go, along with some sportswriters from Ohio and seemed to be getting along fine but you never know...

34 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

If local sports reporting involves columnists with poor attitudes, plenty of arrogance and disdain for the fans, then yes, we all don't want that.

Now the BN has a chance to retool and to give writers a chance to shine that will treat the market better than their predecessors.

With what writers?

They gutted their sports department, which seems to have directly led to their best remaining writer deciding to move elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, stony said:

With what writers?

They gutted their sports department, which seems to have directly led to their best remaining writer deciding to move elsewhere.  

...Jesus.....going to be the new Pennysaver free in your mailbox?......

12 minutes ago, stony said:

With what writers?

They lost a couple good writers. They lost a couple that were less than popular with the readership. The BN will now have to interview and hire talented people to replace them. We are all replaceable. Good luck to all involved. I hope the new blood breathes some fresh air into the paper.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

They lost a couple good writers. They lost a couple that were less than popular with the readership. The BN will now have to interview and hire talented people to replace them. We are all replaceable. Good luck to all involved. I hope the new blood breathes some fresh air into the paper.

...you would hope that the process was already happening "quietly behind the scenes" to maintain some type of sports reporting continuity.....

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...you would hope that the process was already happening "quietly behind the scenes" to maintain some type of sports reporting continuity.....

What would make you think otherwise?

3 hours ago, Keukasmallies said:

and the "consistent bickering because of differences in opinion" is acceptable here, but nowhere else....?

When they end up trolling those that do not want to read put them on ignore.

When press troll on Twitter (if you are a twit who follows) you take them off the list.

Both can still annoy you via quotes.

Met him personally twice. Once he was very personable and second time a twit.

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Fans rip coaches, refs, some players, announcers and writers. Most of those doing the ripping are unable to do any of those things half as well as those they rip. The Internet and Twitter are the refuge for the talentless blowhards to criticize, and produce little of value, anonymously of course.

Twitter is for twits.

3 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Deja vu:

If he replaces Rodakent that is great!

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

if you're so good at it, why don't you give it a shot.

you spend a lot of time on this board complaining about how biased and one-sided the reporting is at The Buffalo News, that all  they put out are negative stories.

well, look in the mirror promo, you are the hypocrite doing exactly the same, but with far less nuance or skill.

it's only predictable that you landed on the first page of this thread. i can only imagine how you must have scrambled to open up your computer and pen some real witty retort to pile on and make your voice heard.

and all we got was this dud or a response.

par for the course.

yup, you know sh#t all right.

jw

Whatever I write it must really get under your skin considering you only come after me when I'm not the only one speaking poorly of your friends.  It's also a challenge you're less likely to be shown up on (like the BN Blitz subscription challenge you laid down....crickets) considering I live 500 miles from Buffalo and probably have as much chance of being hired by the Buffalo News as you have joining Fox News. (You probably also know that the BN is limited in using freelancers by their union.)

But I do think I can write a pretty good story. Maybe I'll take up your challenge.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

What would make you think otherwise?

...nothing bud....would be smart planning to keep subscribers who potentially lost favorites out of the three that left.......lose them and it's four fold tougher to get them back IMO...

• Like (+1) 1