3. Spain

4. France

5. Argentina

6. Belgium

7. England

8. Portugal

9. Uruguay

10. Columbia

Columbia?  Did the drug lords get back into the soccer business?

20 hours ago, row_33 said:

Germany over Brazil in the Final.

Group of Death knocks out Argentina in the first round (a more bold prediction)

I think Brazil and Germany are on the same side of the draw so can't play each other in the final. If they both keep progressing the latest they can meet is in the semi-finals.

I've backed Portugal to win. If you can be European champions you can be World champions. 25/1 was too big a price to turn down for a team who now have greater attacking weapons than just Ronaldo, a talented midfield and an organised defence. 

I'm not expecting much from England. Maybe the 1/4 finals at the most.

Edited by BritBill

34 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I've backed Portugal to win. If you can be European champions you can be World champions. 25/1 was too big a price to turn down for a team who now have greater attacking weapons than just Ronaldo, a talented midfield and an organised defence. 

I like you

55 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I think Brazil and Germany are on the same side of the draw so can't play each other in the final. If they both keep progressing the latest they can meet is in the semi-finals.

Brazil & Germany can meet in the final.  Depends on how they do in their groups.  If they each win their group (as expected), they will be E1 and F1 and will be on opposite sides of the knockout bracket and would meet in the final.  If one wins their group and the other finishes second in their group, they will be on the same side of the draw (and would in fact meet in the first round of knockout play).  In the unlikely event both Brazil and Germany finish second in their groups, they will be on opposite sides of the knockout bracket.

Edited by Cugalabanza
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Brazil & Germany can meet in the final.  Depends on how they do in their groups.  If they each win their group (as expected), they will be E1 and F1 and will be on opposite sides of the knockout bracket and would meet in the final.  If one wins their group and the other finishes second in their group, they will be on the same side of the draw (and would in fact meet in the first round of knockout play).  In the unlikely event both Brazil and Germany finish second in their groups, they will be on opposite sides of the knockout bracket.

Ah ok, thanks. I mis-read the detail I saw earlier. I get things wrong.

28 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

OK Portugal plays tomorrow and I need to know where I can stream the game while at work

I wish I knew.  I think you might be able to take advantage of this 7 day free trial of Fubo to be able to see the game tomorrow...

https://www.fubo.tv/lp/World-Cup/?utm_source=Search&utm_medium=Adwords&utm_term=League&utm_campaign=USA_Sports_Search_EN_GGL_League_2018_FIFA_World_Cup&title=Stream the 2018 FIFA World Cup™&pack=fubotv-basic&gclid=CjwKCAjwpIjZBRBsEiwA0TN1rxYhibjLOn1bKpcnBdJqlNl2h11XA6H7N2eyPKRNk4AoWI4CoKB3_BoCglwQAvD_BwE

I have not tried it myself, so I can't vouch.

Edited by Cugalabanza

XM radio channel 157 is broadcasting the matches.

Fox Channel 83 on XM radio.

When the IT bosses block any video streaming on their work computers, XM radio is

my only option

Edited by LewPort71

29 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

XM radio channel 157 is broadcasting the matches

listening to soccer is an acquired taste unless it's synched with the TV, then it's better, like for most sports

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Heard this on GR this morning..pretty cool/funny for us soccer neophytes with no rooting interest ...it is a short quiz to see who SHOULD be your team based on your sporting preferences.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/world-cup-quiz/

Mine came out Peru!!!!

Serbia for me....sure, why not?  But Messi and Renaldo too.

16 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Heard this on GR this morning..pretty cool/funny for us soccer neophytes with no rooting interest ...it is a short quiz to see who SHOULD be your team based on your sporting preferences.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/world-cup-quiz/

Mine came out Peru!!!!

Australia for me.  They aren't my number one, but they are fun to watch.

I like teams that come to play even if they're outmatched.  I don't like it when teams bunker in and try for the 0-0 draw or hope maybe some lucky fluke goes in their favor right at the end.  That's Dick Jauron type stuff.  That's why Iceland was so great to watch 4 years ago.  They weren't intimidated by superstars.  They went out there and played the game.

Edited by Cugalabanza

16 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Australia for me.  They aren't my number one, but they are fun to watch.

I like teams that come to play even if they're outmatched.  I don't like it when teams bunker in and try for the 0-0 draw or hope maybe some lucky fluke goes in their favor right at the end.  That's Dick Jauron type stuff.  That's why Iceland was so great to watch 4 years ago.  They weren't intimidated by superstars.  They went out there and played the game.

Iceland was not in the 2014 World Cup. What you remember is the Euro 2016.