World Cup 2018 Thread

On 7/4/2018 at 2:56 AM, KD in CA said:

And a hell of a save on the 4th PK by their goalie, who looked terrified at the start of the shootout.

Colombia was playing some serious thugball.  I never saw a game with that many yellow cards.

I'm late to the thread but that was the chippy-est game I have ever seen.   Both teams were pushing the limit.  And the goalie save on the 4PK would have to be in the running for save of the Cup.

2 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

Belgium looked great.  That was a very fun game.

Can't wait to see them against France in what could be the match of the tournament and in my opinion what determines the champion.

4 hours ago, poblano said:

Can't wait to see them against France in what could be the match of the tournament and in my opinion what determines the champion.

You are placing large wagers on this belief?

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

You are placing large wagers on this belief?

No just standing in my point that when most people said the usual favorites i see France with potential to win, so if Belgium beat them ...

5 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

World Cup fever is sweeping the nation. Sales of waistcoats are skyrocketing because of Gareth Southgate. Belief is at an all-time high.

I reckon we'll lose 2-1. :D

They looked really good....don't expect much work will get done in England on Wednesday.