World Cup 2018 Thread

17 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Well no chance Portugal gets passed Uruguay next. Not if they continue to play like they have been 

I think that will be a great game.  I can't guess who will win, but it's a must watch.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Just now, Cugalabanza said:

I think that will be a great game.  I can't guess who will win, but it's a must watch.

I just cant see Portugal having enough offense to win.

They don't seem to have that strong a team this year.

That being said, I cant wait to watch it and Im glad its on a Saturday so I can enjoy it at home with a beer and not streaming it on my cell at my desk at work

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

I have to admit, my Iranian brethren did far better than I had anticipated. They just lacked that cutting edge in the final third.

The only rooting interest I have for this evening is hoping that Argentina goes bye-bye.

Same here man

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I just cant see Portugal having enough offense to win.

They don't seem to have that strong a team this year.

That being said, I cant wait to watch it and Im glad its on a Saturday so I can enjoy it at home with a beer and not streaming it on my cell at my desk at work

They did in that first game against Spain.  They will need to be at their best for sure.

Uruguay has looked very good so far, but I think it helps Portugal that they had that Euro 2016 success, so they won't be shy on the big stage.  Uruguay hasn't had much international success lately.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I

I've taken next week off work so I can sit and enjoy all the earlier kick off games. It's going to be gripping viewing.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I've taken next week off work so I can sit and enjoy all the earlier kick off games. It's going to be gripping viewing.

England vs. Belgium on Thursday will be a great one too.  That's a game I have highlighted on my soccer nerd schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

England vs. Belgium on Thursday will be a great one too.  That's a game I have highlighted on my soccer nerd schedule.

Yes, it's definitely the game of that group although the fizz has been taken out of it a little with both sides being comfortably through top the last 16 already. 

Still, it'll be a decent yard stick to see where England actually are in their development. 

8 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Yes, it's definitely the game of that group although the fizz has been taken out of it a little with both sides being comfortably through top the last 16 already. 

Still, it'll be a decent yard stick to see where England actually are in their development. 

True.  Also, I'm not sure how much either team really cares whether they play the #1 or #2 seed from group H (Columbia/Japan/Senegal) since it's still up in the air how that group will play out.

1 minute ago, Cugalabanza said:

True.  Also, I'm not sure how much either team really cares whether they play the #1 or #2 seed from group H (Columbia/Japan/Senegal) since it's still up in the air how that group will play out.

Yes, nothing is guaranteed in group H at the moment. Although it will be by the time England and Belgium kick off. 

Of the 3 teams which can progress from H I'd prefer England to play Japan. 

Looks like France and Denmark will pass through

44 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

i'm not sure that teams put much thought into who they will play next,

but it's possible Brazil and Germany are meeting in the round of 16