World Cup 2018 Thread

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Netherlands didnt make it either 

Didn't know that. Didn't they win it not long ago? Or at least come close?

Edited by Dante

20 hours ago, row_33 said:

Iceland does again

threy were unfortunate not to connect on two other chances

hustle back on D, counterattack, no egos or divas

Iceland sucked i thought..they were the Sabres circa 94-2001..fall back and defend like its the Alamo..hope you get a break. At one point in the 2nd half announcers said Argentina had completed 564 passes and Iceland like 82. 

I will always root for the underdog, and will root for them..but can't see how they can winmany games playing that style.

As an aside, I know nothing about soccer!

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

Iceland sucked i thought..they were the Sabres circa 94-2001..fall back and defend like its the Alamo..hope you get a break. At one point in the 2nd half announcers said Argentina had completed 564 passes and Iceland like 82. 

I will always root for the underdog, and will root for them..but can't see how they can winmany games playing that style.

As an aside, I know nothing about soccer!

I can't, either. They're not particularly talented, but if they can stay organized and coordinated, then they have a puncher's chance.

On 6/16/2018 at 11:50 AM, Dante said:

Didn't know that. Didn't they win it not long ago? Or at least come close?

They made the finals in 2010.  

They're kind of going through the same thing as Italy, at the tail end of a solid generation of players who put together some good runs.  Both are moving into a period of uncertainty i.e. no real big stars and talent on the horizon.