Why don't qb's wear a mirrored visor like McMahon used to?

2 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Gotta be 50 years + to get that reference.  Sorry kid.

It's from an old TV show called Welcome Back Kotter, this latino kid named Epstein used to write fake excuses to get out of class and sign them Epsteins Mother.  Bad grammar, obviously written by him, funny stuff.

Absolutely classic sitcom bit.  Awesome show, all around.

7 hours ago, cba fan said:

reading eyes?? really is bull ****.

No one can see a QB's eyes from 30 or 40 yards away. They may see the helmet turn in a direction but not eyes.

Is a DB trying to say they can cover their guy and at same time also have eagle eye vision that can zoom in and see little eyeballs moving one side to the other??

Have you ever heard of a QB ""looking the safety off".  Why would one need to do that if you cant read his eyes.

23 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Gotta be 50 years + to get that reference.  Sorry kid.

It's from an old TV show called Welcome Back Kotter, this latino kid named Epstein used to write fake excuses to get out of class and sign them Epsteins Mother.  Bad grammar, obviously written by him, funny stuff.

Vinnie Barbarino played by John Travolta! Good memories...

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

Have you ever heard of a QB ""looking the safety off".  Why would one need to do that if you cant read his eyes.

Um, because Looking means turning your entire head to one side of the field and watching the safety cheat and whipping it back to the other and letting the pass fly. 

the CB/DB reads the head position/Facemask. not the eyes. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Micah Hyde telling Josh Allen he jumped the route because he read his eyes got me to wondering why all qb's don't have a tinted visor.  Vick used to wear one too.

I read that anyone can wear a clear visor whenever they want. To get a tinted visor they have to claim they need it for vision/medical reasons and get permission from the NFL.

Can't we get a note from some doc--I don't care if it's from Epsteins Mother--and let our boy Josh have a little rook advantage?  I say if it helps boost qb play it's something this league needs.

Because he never stabbed himself in the eye with a fork like McMahon did.

23 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Um, because Looking means turning your entire head to one side of the field and watching the safety cheat and whipping it back to the other and letting the pass fly. 

the CB/DB reads the head position/Facemask. not the eyes. 

A lot of times that is true, the head is part of it but they eyes are too.  Saying no defender ever reads the eyes of a QB is just wrong, middle linebackers and satetys absolutely do at times. 

14 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You need to have approval by the league based on a prescription or something.

Plus playing with a visor can be weird.

I tried it one time while doing love with the wife and my peripherals were out of whack. 

Same here.

On top of that, she complained that she couldn't see my eyes and didn't feel "connected."

2 hours ago, JPL7 said:

Does anyone know the NFL's reasoning for not allowing mirrored visors unless they have a doctors note??

I believe it's so the doctors can see the players face and eyes to see if they're conscious ..because in certain situations you want as little neck movement as possible 

On 6/13/2018 at 1:42 AM, cba fan said:

reading eyes?? really is bull ****.

No one can see a QB's eyes from 30 or 40 yards away. They may see the helmet turn in a direction but not eyes.

Is a DB trying to say they can cover their guy and at same time also have eagle eye vision that can zoom in and see little eyeballs moving one side to the other??

How many plays are DBs 30-40 yards away from the QB? Aren't a vast majority of passes 10-15 yards down field between the numbers?