Why don't qb's wear a mirrored visor like McMahon used to?

Micah Hyde telling Josh Allen he jumped the route because he read his eyes got me to wondering why all qb's don't have a tinted visor.  Vick used to wear one too.

I read that anyone can wear a clear visor whenever they want. To get a tinted visor they have to claim they need it for vision/medical reasons and get permission from the NFL.

Can't we get a note from some doc--I don't care if it's from Epsteins Mother--and let our boy Josh have a little rook advantage?  I say if it helps boost qb play it's something this league needs.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Micah Hyde telling Josh Allen he jumped the route because he read his eyes got me to wondering why all qb's don't have a tinted visor.  Vick used to wear one too.

I read that anyone can wear a clear visor whenever they want. To get a tinted visor they have to claim they need it for vision/medical reasons and get permission from the NFL.

Can't we get a note from some doc--I don't care if it's from Epsteins Mother--and let our boy Josh have a little rook advantage?  I say if it helps boost qb play it's something this league needs.

reading eyes?? really is bull ****.

No one can see a QB's eyes from 30 or 40 yards away. They may see the helmet turn in a direction but not eyes.

Is a DB trying to say they can cover their guy and at same time also have eagle eye vision that can zoom in and see little eyeballs moving one side to the other??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

No one can see a QB's eyes from 30 or 40 yards away. They may see the helmet turn in a direction but not eyes.

Is a DB trying to say they can cover their guy and at same time also have eagle eye vision that can zoom in and see little eyeballs moving one side to the other??

I assumed it was more the DB reading the position of the QB's head and whether it was "focused" on one receiver or not, rather than his eyes

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I was gonna say I thought TT wore one

Negative, he wears a visor in games, but it's clear.

18 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Oh, well, heck, we got guys here who can read a QB's eyes while watching crappy network film, let alone being on the same field, downfield of the QB.

Or So They Say.

I don't know what the DBs are seeing, but they claim they're reading where the QB is looking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

I don't know for sure but am guessing the play in question with Hyde was not 30 or 40 yards away. Again guessing 15-20 maybe.

6 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Epstein's mother?

Gotta be 50 years + to get that reference.  Sorry kid.

It's from an old TV show called Welcome Back Kotter, this latino kid named Epstein used to write fake excuses to get out of class and sign them Epsteins Mother.  Bad grammar, obviously written by him, funny stuff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1