How Bills' Wide Receivers are Fighting to Make a Name for Themselves

16 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Only Benjamin and Jones are sure to make it.  Reilly has a good chance.  The rest will most likely not make the 53. 

It seems like Kerley is basically a lock at this point, maybe moreso than Zay honestly.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is why, and I keep saying it folks...... Andre Holmes will be on this roster. I tend to think it means McCloud will too.  

If I had to predict 6 who make it right now with a gun to my head I say:

Benjamin

Kerley

Zay Jones

Andre Holmes

Ray-Ray McCloud

Malachi Dupre

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/12/2018 at 8:06 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Corner, is it possible that among this group we may end up letting a guy go that we would end up regretting later?

I just have this feeling that one of them, whoever he is, when he goes is going to turn out to be something reasonably special.

I like this group a lot.  I am not picking them for my MUT, mind you, but I like them.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Corner, is it possible that among this group we may end up letting a guy go that we would end up regretting later?

I just have this feeling that one of them, whoever he is, when he goes is going to turn out to be something reasonably special.

I like this group a lot.  I am not picking them for my MUT, mind you, but I like them.

Hard to say, without actually seeing them play. I won't start formulating any serious opinion on any of these guys until preseason. 

On 6/12/2018 at 8:54 PM, Rocky Landing said:

I have a hard time considering Zay Jones a "veteran." Although, I suppose, it being his second year, that would qualify him as such? And, considering his performance last year, I certainly hope he isn't a "sure thing." He should be fighting for a roster spot right along with Reilly, Foster, et al. As for Kerley, and Holmes, I don't think they are guaranteed a spot either, although I do think they have a leg up, and are certainly veterans.

This is why I hope that at the final cut, they put Zay on pup until maybe the end of September. That frees up a spot and they have some time to see if the vets hold up without losing a good prospect needlessly. I'm assuming there will be an injury, so might as well hang on to what we have as long as possible. Right now I'm thinking proehl and Ray to p.s....but really wanna see Reilly, Dupre and Foster make it.

Edited by billsredneck1

Bills Wide Receiver Competition Update

The Buffalo Bills lineup at wide receiver last year was widely decried as being abysmal. The leading pass catcher on the team was running back LeSean McCoy, with tight end Charles Clay behind him. The Bills attempted to address the need in the offseason, by signing journeymen Kaelin Clay and Jeremy Kerley while drafting rookies Ray-Ray McCloud III and Austin Proehl. Finally, they brought in Cam Philips and Robert Foster as undrafted free agents. The plan then was to unleash all these players, have them compete with one another, and have the chips fall where they may. Early returns during training camp have shown some surprising results.