Reggie Bush Awarded 12 Mil from Rams

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Complete bull **** they would try to fight the suit rather than settle out of court, claiming they couldn't have known it was an injury risk when someone was just injured in it the week before?  Then saying the injury was really because of preexisting condition?  Doesn't matter if there was one, he wouldn't have fallen and aggravated it if not for their negligence. 

I mean Kroenke has scum bag written all over him, so not surprised. Not a fan of Reggie, but he deserves it in my opinion. Perhaps it just aligned and he was already falling off, but he was done after that injury. 

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

How about YOU try fighting for Jesus AND being an NFL receiver at the same time.  Walk 10 yards in another man's cleats.

Or run a 40 butt naked down a hotel hallway

13 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Complete bull **** they would try to fight the suit rather than settle out of court, claiming they couldn't have known it was an injury risk when someone was just injured in it the week before?  Then saying the injury was really because of preexisting condition?  Doesn't matter if there was one, he wouldn't have fallen and aggravated it if not for their negligence. 

It is not a surprise that an NFL team lies and shirks responsibility. That is how they are, sadly.

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

Now I've got "Karma Police" (good) and "Karma Chameleon" (bad) in my head at the same time.  And I'm getting ready to go to bed.  I hate you.

You’re welcome!

PM me if you info on membership to the club.

11 hours ago, Capco said:

Does this count as a taxable event?

Depends.   Damages for injury are not taxable.  Damages for lost wages are.  Punitive damages are.   Article doesn't say how the judgment was broken down.   I'd guess a big chunk of it is lost wages or punitive.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Depends.   Damages for injury are not taxable.  Damages for lost wages are.  Punitive damages are.   Article doesn't say how the judgment was broken down.   I'd guess a big chunk of it is lost wages or punitive.   

Thanks Shaw66!

On 6/13/2018 at 9:05 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

It is not a surprise that an NFL team lies and shirks responsibility. That is how they are, sadly.

Their defense is based on everyone believing that the entire organization was literally too stupid to realize that hard (possibly) metal cleats and hard smooth surfaces might pose a slip/fall hazard.

Actually, I might believe they really are that stupid now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Yeah, most companies and municipalities that get sued for negligence resulting in juries RUN to the plaintiff's home with duffels bags full of cash and a dozen roses and a sympathy card....

Come on..

21 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Reggie Bush's career ended long before that day in St. Louis.

"pre-existing"!

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah, most companies and municipalities that get sued for negligence resulting in juries RUN to the plaintiff's home with duffels bags full of cash and a dozen roses and a sympathy card....

I think you are trying to belittle my post, but you support it instead.

I said most will shirk responsibility, your remark says that same thing in a different way.

Maybe if they owned up to it and were straight with him, they wouldn't have just got burned for 12 million dollars. Maybe they could have agreed on half that or even less, if they had not made him put a gun to their head to get some recompense.

Just now, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think you are trying to belittle my post, but you support it instead.

I said most will shirk responsibility, your remark says that same thing in a different way.

Maybe if they owned up to it and were straight with him, they wouldn't have just got burned for 12 million dollars. Maybe they could have agreed on half that or even less, if they had not made him put a gun to their head to get some recompense.

You singled out an NFL team, and the NFL as being "sad" for fighting a negligence claim in court.

I didn't really have to belittle that post, did I?  Every corporation has legal representation to evaluate the merits of such claims and whether they could prevail in court or, if not likely, offer a settlement.  Why would the NFL be more "sad" for availing themselves of the legal advice they pay so much for and have a right to take that counsel and have their day in court.

In this country, this is how this works.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

i was surprised by the amount he got.  he was only making 2.5 mil that season so getting the dollar amount is a little nuts. i'm sure the team's insurance will settle to just end it. 

Lawyers. I'm sure they added some BS claims about emotional torment of it being on TV. Somehow proven that he could have, hypothetically, played passed that season. I know we all know he couldn't of course, but lawyers probably found a way around it. Legal fees as well. 12.5 is chump change for an NFL team.