Reggie Bush Awarded 12 Mil from Rams

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Irv said:

How much is Sanchez going to get for running into that guys butt? 

I mean really, the butt was just standing there minding its own business when WAM he got a dirty Sanchez rammed up his ass.

The butt will sue and get damages from the dirty Sanchez.

You got this ass backwards. Literally. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/14/2018 at 12:04 PM, aristocrat said:

i was surprised by the amount he got.  he was only making 2.5 mil that season so getting the dollar amount is a little nuts. i'm sure the team's insurance will settle to just end it. 

It had to do with “future earnings” I think. Basically, his claim is that the injury pretty much ended his earning potential. It’s not crazy to think that the $2.5m could have been about $4m a year for 3 years. 

Also, only a portion of the damages were compensatory and part was punitive. The court held them accountable for their negligence. 

On 6/12/2018 at 7:51 PM, NoSaint said:

It was negligent. Absolutely embarrassing (and sad) to see happen.

Absolutely, that’s why I was relieved it happened to a player without a very bright future. It was still wrong,  but it would have terrible to end a promising player’s season. With that said, regardless of player, the Rams should take responsibility. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

12 hours ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Really throwing the Bills FO under the bus for not playing him. Every chance they gave him he looked terrible though.

He did seem to run backwards every time he touched the ball.

Maybe the fall in St Louis also damaged his balance and inner ear parts. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, aristocrat said:

i was surprised by the amount he got.  he was only making 2.5 mil that season so getting the dollar amount is a little nuts. i'm sure the team's insurance will settle to just end it. 

There is no "just settle"

Rams lost the suit and owe Bush $12.5 million pending an appeal. Bush does not need to settle for less from the insurance co..

Ins co. or Rams are on the hook unless they can get a judge to lower the payout or grant a retrial. It would be very hard for Rams to get a retrial. 

Rams lost and will just need to pay up.

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

There is no "just settle"

Rams lost the suit and owe Bush $12.5 million pending an appeal. Bush does not need to settle for less from the insurance co..

Ins co. or Rams are on the hook unless they can get a judge to lower the payout or grant a retrial. It would be very hard for Rams to get a retrial. 

Rams lost and will just need to pay up.

Yeah, you don't understand just how these things work.  The Rams can/will threaten to prolong the case by appealing, and the parties will agree to a settlement that is less than the jury award.  Happens all the time.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, eball said:

Yeah, you don't understand just how these things work.  The Rams can/will threaten to prolong the case by appealing, and the parties will agree to a settlement that is less than the jury award.  Happens all the time.

Yeah I think I do actually.

Bush is in the drivers seat here. Rams can bluff all they want. Until judge agrees to retrial/appeal Bush should sit tight.

Only then should Bush team take into account the cost for counsel if Bush must go through another trial and maybe settle for less then. Bush has millions in the bank and he is very young. Time is no factor, he has all the time in the world.

Edited by cba fan