Lamar Jackson Lining Up at Other Positions During Practice

Gugny

1 minute ago, Luxy312 said:

Watson was a 67% completion college QB.  He was a pass first quarterback that could run as well.  Remind me again where Watson was picked.  Oh yeh, he was 12th overall and hte 2nd QB off the board.  Could have gone first.  What credit I give Jackson is irrelevant to what NFL teams give him.  32nd pick in the draft.  5th QB picked.  That's all that needs to be said.  All the man-love that you or others want to have for him won't matter one bit or change the facts.  Telling someone "watch him in college" when I did and can tell you he's very inconsistent doesn't change facts.  So much inappropriate man-love for Jackson.  Reminds me of Nate Peterman.

players drop all the time despite talent. rodgers was a late pick, brees etc.  just because he was picked late doesnt mean he has the 5th best talent.  and completion percentage is not a great stat. did you know he had the most drops among the top qbs? and that he was a pass first qb?  

1 minute ago, Luxy312 said:

Watson was a 67% completion college QB.  He was a pass first quarterback that could run as well.  Remind me again where Watson was picked.  Oh yeh, he was 12th overall and hte 2nd QB off the board.  Could have gone first.  What credit I give Jackson is irrelevant to what NFL teams give him.  32nd pick in the draft.  5th QB picked.  That's all that needs to be said.  All the man-love that you or others want to have for him won't matter one bit or change the facts.  Telling someone "watch him in college" when I did and can tell you he's very inconsistent doesn't change facts.  So much inappropriate man-love for Jackson.  Reminds me of Nate Peterman.

So draft position is the only thing that matters?  Say hello to Russell Wilson ?

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

So draft position is the only thing that matters?  Say hello to Russell Wilson ?

Snooze.  They're lining up Lamar Jackson at other positions why exactly?  Is it because he's such a great QB?  You're a laugh-fest and a half.

Just now, Luxy312 said:

Snooze.  They're lining up Lamar Jackson at other positions why exactly?  Is it because he's such a great QB?  You're a laugh-fest and a half.

Ummmm....there’s an incumbent starting QB on the roster.  Remember a guy named Flacco?  Name another QB from this draft that has a strangle hold on the starting QB position right now.

LJ just happens to be ABLE to be involved in the offense in other ways.  Stop the hate.

8 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Where was Russell Wilson picked?

2 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

It really is sort of humorous.  If they snap the ball to Flacco and he gets it to Jackson as a pass/run option, you've basically wasted a position on the field (Flacco).  The D will have 11 guarding 10.

If they're putting Jackson in the game along with Flacco it is as a RB or WR, not a "2nd QB."

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

I think it's a terrible idea for him to line up at other positions.  Yes he is a great athlete but I don't think he has the body type to take the punishment of playing wr or rb.

Lamar Jackson is 6'3" 216 - he's bigger and faster than most WRs and had more rushes than most SEC/ACC running backs without ever missing a game to injury.  I think he has the body to withstand the punishment.  

18 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Yes.  Miles behind Michael Vick in every facet of the game as well.  I would put him right there with Colin Kaepernick and expect him to last about as long in the league.

Kapernick took his team to the super bowl and then got black balled.  

32 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Lamar Jackson is 6'3" 216 - he's bigger and faster than most WRs and had more rushes than most SEC/ACC running backs without ever missing a game to injury.  I think he has the body to withstand the punishment.  

Kapernick took his team to the super bowl and then got black balled.  

I know he is that size but he is still a bit on the skinny side.  He just doesn't pass the eyeball test as being a thicker guy.  That is why i said body type and not size.  As far as his rush attempts there is a huge difference between a qb scrambling as opposed to a wr coming acrossed the middle.

Edited by Zebrastripes

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

Didn't Bill Polian say he should switch to wide receiver?  I don't necessarily agree with him, but just saying.

Sadly, Bill Polian has been a train wreck for about 5 years now.  Just about everything that comes out of his mouth lately is idiotic.  Also, his reasoning for stating that Lamar Jackson should play WR in the NFL instead of QB was that he was “too short.”  LJ is 6’3”

Time to put Bill out to pasture.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.thecomeback.com/nfl/bill-polian-please-stop-talking.html

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

I know he is that size but he is still a bit on the skinny side.  He just doesn't pass the eyeball test as being a thicker guy.  That is why i said body type and not size.  As far as his rush attempts there is a huge difference between a qb scrambling as opposed to a wr coming acrossed the middle.

My eyeball test says he's plenty big for a WR, as anyone who has seen him take on SEC and ACC defenses. Any WR would be jealous of his yards after contact. 

Let me provide additional facts:  Over three seasons, Lamar Jackson ran the ball 655 times (Saquon Barkley: 671), attempted 619 passes and was sacked over 100 times yet he didn't miss ONE game (and hard to find where he missed any significant snaps). That's more than tough enough to play WR.  

Having said that, I also think he would be a very good QB who will strike fear into defenses.  

Edited by Max Fischer

56 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

My eyeball test says he's plenty big for a WR, as anyone who has seen him take on SEC and ACC defenses. Any WR would be jealous of his yards after contact. 

Let me provide additional facts:  Over three seasons, Lamar Jackson ran the ball 655 times (Saquon Barkley: 671), attempted 619 passes and was sacked over 100 times yet he didn't miss ONE game (and hard to find where he missed any significant snaps). That's more than tough enough to play WR.  

Having said that, I also think he would be a very good QB who will strike fear into defenses.  

Trust me I understand what you're saying.  Biggest difference is when you are a rusher as opposed to a receiver you can protect your body much better.  As a receiver you don't always have the chance to protect your body.  I get his height and weight.  He just looks a little on the lanky side.  

Are people really interpreting this story to mean that the Ravens don't plan on having him play QB? That is definitely not the case. They're stuck with Flacco's salary for another 2 years and they're grooming Jackson to take over. In the meantime they'll use his athleticism any way they can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Yes.  Miles behind Michael Vick in every facet of the game as well.  I would put him right there with Colin Kaepernick and expect him to last about as long in the league.

So Lamar will almost win a SB?  God, that would be awful if I was a Ravens fan.

52 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Are people really interpreting this story to mean that the Ravens don't plan on having him play QB? That is definitely not the case. They're stuck with Flacco's salary for another 2 years and they're grooming Jackson to take over. In the meantime they'll use his athleticism any way they can.

Sane people might argue that’s smart.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Agreed.  I don't understand how people are taking this where the Ravens haven't indicated they are taking it.  

4 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

His 57% completion percentage really does jump off the page compared to his peers.  What an awesome passer.  We haven't seen a 57% passer in generations....

We drafted a guy at 7 with a 56%. And I think the ACC is slightly better than MWC.

i have no idea how these qbs will turn out but it’s stupid to say who will make it or not at this point.

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think they finally got him to run a 40

If Flacco gets him the ball in the backfield, is he going to refuse to run?  Inquiring minds want to know.