Lamar Jackson Lining Up at Other Positions During Practice

Gugny

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Good for the Ravens if they're trying to be creative and jump start an anemic offense.  The Bills fan in me hates that we play them first, so we won't have had a chance to see the sort of plays they are working on -- sometimes the gimmicky stuff works for a few weeks before defenses catch up.

Next step:  Billick on the sidelines with a clipboard and headphones...who's really the head coach?

3 hours ago, H2o said:

The guy is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. He reminds me of a more gifted Kordell Stewart. This is the right move by Baltimore and I still think he ends up being successful somewhat in the NFL at a position other than QB. All of the talk and posturing before the draft means nothing now. Harbaugh can spew all his rhetoric about having two QB's on the field and whatnot, but this is about using Lamar's athleticism to get the ball to him in space. 

He reminds me a lot of Tyrod Taylor, with the exception that he's less accurate; has more of a wind up with his throw; and is much more careless with the ball.  Other than that though, he's great.  LOL.

• Haha (+1) 1

Lamar Jackson is right there with Vick in terms of he most athletic QBs ever. I can’t believe that he didn’t run a 40 for teams!! Apparently he ran a 4.34 last year at Louisville. That would have been the 4th fastest time at this year’s combine. He is explosive with the ball in his hands. I’m not surprised that the Ravens, who lack big play ability, want to get him involved. I’m surprised that he is good with it. 

16 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

He reminds me a lot of Tyrod Taylor, with the exception that he's less accurate; has more of a wind up with his throw; and is much more careless with the ball.  Other than that though, he's great.  LOL.

He’s a better passer just coming out of college than Tyrod is right now after ample NFL experience.  AND he is a far superior athlete.  Everybody knows that...

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s a better passer just coming out of college than Tyrod is right now after ample NFL experience.  AND he is a far superior athlete.  Everybody knows that...

That's all well and good...but how does he compare to PETERMAN?!  Inquiring minds want to know!

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

His 57% completion percentage really does jump off the page compared to his peers.  What an awesome passer.  We haven't seen a 57% passer in generations....

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

That's all well and good...but how does he compare to PETERMAN?!  Inquiring minds want to know!

Well, he can run a lot faster.  ?  Also, LJ’s arm is a howitzer compared to Peterman’s.  Whether or not either of them can be consistently accurate in a NFL game remains to be seen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

His 57% completion percentage really does jump off the page compared to his peers.  What an awesome passer.  We haven't seen a 57% passer in generations....

look at tyrods college production. jackson blows it away

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Well, he can run a lot faster.  ?  Also, LJ’s arm is a howitzer compared to Peterman’s.  Whether or not either of them can be consistently accurate in a NFL game remains to be seen.

It's settled then.  Jackson delivers the pizzas.  10 minutes or less thanks to 40 yard dash results.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Whatever did happen to the Domino's 'Noid'?

1 minute ago, Luxy312 said:

YOU compared him to Tyrod Taylor.  I think that is a bad comparison.  I’d say more like Vick than Taylor.  Certainly a better passer coming out of college than TT was coming out of VTech.  And LJ has improved every season.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

look at tyrods college production. jackson blows it away

Thank you.

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

YOU compared him to Tyrod Taylor.  I think that is a bad comparison.  I’d say more like Vick than Taylor.  Certainly a better passer coming out of college than TT was coming out of VTech.  And LJ has improved every season.

Tyrod and him were both right at 57% completion.  Can Jackson run?  Sure.  That was his game in college.  Run first.  I could care less.  Vick was a generational talent and drafted #1 overall in his draft class.  Jackson was the 5th QB taken and the last in the first round.  ZERO comparison to Vick, other than in people's minds.

3 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Tyrod and him were both right at 57% completion.  Can Jackson run?  Sure.  That was his game in college.  Run first.  I could care less.  Vick was a generational talent and drafted #1 overall in his draft class.  Jackson was the 5th QB taken and the last in the first round.  ZERO comparison to Vick, other than in people's minds.

have you even seen jacksons college passing stats?

Just now, aristocrat said:

have you even seen jacksons college passing stats?

Yup.  57% completion percentage.  Inconsistent down the field.  Long wind up on longer throws.  49 MPH pass release when the ball finally does come out.  That's Nate Peterman slow.  His PASSING metrics is why he was drafted so late.  Nobody would question his ability running the ball.  Averaging more yards rushing per game than Saquon Barkley should tell anyone everything they need to know about this "quarterback".

5 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

Ever watch Tyrod Taylor in college?  Lamar Jackson is miles ahead of him in every facet of the game coming out of college.

Yup.  57% completion percentage.  Inconsistent down the field.  Long wind up on longer throws.  49 MPH pass release when the ball finally does come out.  That's Nate Peterman slow.  His PASSING metrics is why he was drafted so late.  Nobody would question his ability running the ball.  Averaging more yards rushing per game than Saquon Barkley should tell anyone everything they need to know about this "quarterback".

deshaun watson had the same arm strength.  you're underrating his passing ability. he's a much better prospect than you give him credit for. he's better than tyrod. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ever watch Tyrod Taylor in college?  Lamar Jackson is miles ahead of him in every facet of the game coming out of college.

Yes.  Miles behind Michael Vick in every facet of the game as well.  I would put him right there with Colin Kaepernick and expect him to last about as long in the league.

Yes.  Miles behind Michael Vick in every facet of the game as well.  I would put him right there with Colin Kaepernick and expect him to last about as long in the league.

Fair enough, man.  I don’t even like Lamar Jackson as a prospect, but I don’t agree with your Tyrod comparison.  You REALLY don’t like LJ. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?  ?

Just now, aristocrat said:

deshaun watson had the same arm strength.  you're underrating his passing ability. he's a much better prospect than you give him credit for. he's better than tyrod. 

Watson was a 67% completion college QB.  He was a pass first quarterback that could run as well.  Remind me again where Watson was picked.  Oh yeh, he was 12th overall and hte 2nd QB off the board.  Could have gone first.  What credit I give Jackson is irrelevant to what NFL teams give him.  32nd pick in the draft.  5th QB picked.  That's all that needs to be said.  All the man-love that you or others want to have for him won't matter one bit or change the facts.  Telling someone "watch him in college" when I did and can tell you he's very inconsistent doesn't change facts.  So much inappropriate man-love for Jackson.  Reminds me of Nate Peterman.

• Haha (+1) 1