Lamar Jackson Lining Up at Other Positions During Practice

Gugny

1 minute ago, greeneblitz said:

Its pretty clear to most gms and scouts that have been quoted predraft feel that his value is not at qb, regardless what he or fans think.

Or the Ravens? They like what he has been doing at quarterback so far a lot. He's playing other positions because he is so good they don't want him on the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Every team has 500 plays in their playbook (even if it's 100 basic plays). The quarterback has to learn how to call them all and where everyone lines up and what they do on them all in a generic sense. The idea that it is taking time out of his ability to learn the playbook/offense because of the 10-20 gadget plays they may put him in IMO doesn't lessen his ability to learn the offense at all. It's the same thing as 10-20 other plays. 

But as a guy that I believe will be limited in learning his 500 plays, I would personally rather he learn 20 extra pass plays.

also, to run 10 gimmicks he needs to know several non-gimmicks off the formation. Put him at wr and suddenly in order to throw a few option passes and an end around or two he needs at least a basic route tree to be a threat. Practice catching, etc...

If he’s third string so be it, but if he’s one snap away from needing to run the offense week one then I want him learning his position- which I anticipate being a challenge without the distract 

2 hours ago, wppete said:

They have to figure out ways to put Lamar out there. He’s too good not to be playing. I don’t think he takes Flacos job yet but eventually he will. 

If the Ravens go from Joe Flacco to Lamont Jackson, then they have failed.  Which is fine by me.

1 hour ago, greeneblitz said:

Its pretty clear to most gms and scouts that have been quoted predraft feel that his value is not at qb, regardless what he or fans think.

Well then they severely over-drafted the guy. Who takes a guy that high for a position he’s never played? I don’t know if he will pan out, but...

Listening to this guy speak it's hard to imagine him motivating professional football players to follow him.

A good first  step would be using full words and not giggling while bouncing all over the place while speaking. 

Some mentioned him as having skills similar to Tyrod. Tyrod is 10x more composed and professional. Lamar seems like a goofball. Time will tell but I don't get the hype. 

Lamar Jackson will never be a pocket type passer.  His wonderlic score was among the lowest of all the QB's drafted. He's a great athlete.  Maybe they can find a role for him but it will not be as a starting QB.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Well then they severely over-drafted the guy. Who takes a guy that high for a position he’s never played? I don’t know if he will pan out, but...

Lots of TSW posters.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The coaches are trying to motivate Flacco.  If he sees his competition maybe he will play better. /s

They want Flacco to compete for WR ?

12 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he is not doing well learning the playbook or looking good in practice sessions. I'm guessing they are already trying to have him learn the WR position or he's not making the 53 man roster.

You poor child of summer.

Good for the Ravens if they're trying to be creative and jump start an anemic offense.  The Bills fan in me hates that we play them first, so we won't have had a chance to see the sort of plays they are working on -- sometimes the gimmicky stuff works for a few weeks before defenses catch up.

The guy is absolutely electric with the ball in his hands. He reminds me of a more gifted Kordell Stewart. This is the right move by Baltimore and I still think he ends up being successful somewhat in the NFL at a position other than QB. All of the talk and posturing before the draft means nothing now. Harbaugh can spew all his rhetoric about having two QB's on the field and whatnot, but this is about using Lamar's athleticism to get the ball to him in space.