Lamar Jackson Lining Up at Other Positions During Practice

Gugny

52 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What does his mom think?

...hell, we could line up the 252 lb Logan Thomas in the Wildcat then......imagine that beast rumblin', bumblin', stumblin' and maulin' down the seam?....cue up Boomer's "Mike Alstott sound effects" for the visual....

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he is not doing well learning the playbook or looking good in practice sessions. I'm guessing they are already on him trying to be a WR or he's not making the 53 man roster.

Yeah, they are likely to cut their 1st round QB that they traded up for...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Im suprised that Jackson isnt bucking this a bit.....maybe after he fell just happy to be a first round pick.

I still think he has a chance to be good.

Flacco has one more big guaranteed year on his deal, they can get out after the year with like only 8 mil dead cap.

At most he has 3 left on his deal if it plays out.

Maybe the Ravens are committed to Jackson, assuming he can develop, and have told him this, and he's taking their word for it.

• Like (+1) 1

I give them credit for being creative and trying to use all the assets they have on offense. Designing a few plays and different formations may keep the defense off balance. The problem will be once the plays are used for Lamar, Flacco has to either become a blocker or a receiver, which probably won't go well. Defenses are fast so it may be more of using Lamar as a receiver and runner out of the backfield with various RPO's based on the defense. 

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Schefter has an article out today with the headline The Ravens are in awe of Lamar Jackson. 

.great...so Flacco demands a trade and TBD gives birth to "bring 'em in" threads....better be a C-section....uh oh...........

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

They have to figure out ways to put Lamar out there. He’s too good not to be playing. I don’t think he takes Flacos job yet but eventually he will. 

Exactly.  He is one of the greatest athletes to come out of college football since Vince Young, and he’s an electric playmaker.  They’d be crazy to not find a role for him out there.  Even if it’s just a few jet sweeps or gadget type plays here and there.  Get the ball in his hands, or at least make the defense account for him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Exactly.  He is one of the greatest athletes to come out of college football since Vince Young, and he’s an electric playmaker.  They’d be crazy to not find a role for him out there.  Even if it’s just a few jet sweeps or gadget type plays here and there.  Get the ball in his hands, or at least make the defense account for him.

He’s faster than V Young, he might even be able to outrun the bill collectors! 

2 hours ago, Zebrastripes said:

I think it's a terrible idea for him to line up at other positions.  Yes he is a great athlete but I don't think he has the body type to take the punishment of playing wr or rb.

Or the mind to learn a full qb package PLUS 2-3 other positions in gimmick roles 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Or the mind to learn a full qb package PLUS 2-3 other positions in gimmick roles 

Every team has 500 plays in their playbook (even if it's 100 basic plays). The quarterback has to learn how to call them all and where everyone lines up and what they do on them all in a generic sense. The idea that it is taking time out of his ability to learn the playbook/offense because of the 10-20 gadget plays they may put him in IMO doesn't lessen his ability to learn the offense at all. It's the same thing as 10-20 other plays.