Tremaine Edmunds vs. Roquan Smith: Direct Comparison

10 minutes ago, Luxy312 said:

I've watched them both play.  No measurable difference IMO.  None the less, that's against college level talent, not the pros.

Couldn't disagree more. Completely different playing styles. 

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Of course all eyes are on Allen this year.....but I think Edmunds is gonna be a all pro player.

The "Kuch" of our defense.

I am kinda skeptical on if Allen Starts. I think McDermott knows how to run a defense. It wasn't spectacular but it had some special moments last season. I was satisfied with the defense and thought they played an amazing playoff game. 

I agree with you on Edmunds. I haven't seen him play but I seen the draft and post interviews and that looks like a guy wise beyond his years. 

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Mcdermott seems to favor smart players, for them to draft an athletic freak like ed munster, it means he also has it between the eyes, and thats important for our Defenses QB.

brothers in the nfl. father a former pro bowl te. he was raised with football 24/7.  this pick is a no brainer to me.

10 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

If there is a player in the 2019 draft named Tre Williams, I think we have to draft him no matter the cost. 

all projected first rounders:

Trey Adams, OT, Washington

Tre Lamar, LB, Clemson

Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

• Thank you (+1) 1

I heard of both players & when all the talk that the Bills would move up to #2 to get Allen i was hoping if they did move that high that they would get Smith or Edmunds but i believe with what happened in the draft it worked out much better for the team !!

Edmunds is going to be a beast in the Bills D for a long time !! GO BILLS !! 

20 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Smith is the more polished player right now but certainly the ceiling is higher Edmunds.  He’s a physical freak and a monster.  I do think there are qualities as a great middle LB has that aren’t physical.  Basically, he needs to be the qb of the defense and know what everyone is doing every play.  It’s why some player with less God given skills become very good MLBs while more physically talented ones struggle.  If you struggle to recognize the play, it makes you slower.

that said, the absolute worst case scenario for TE is becoming a good OLB.  IMO, it seems like a very safe pick that could potentially be great.  Now for the qb one on the other hand :)

Pretty much my view too.  I love Smith I think he will be a multiple time pro bowler and all pro and will be a star in this league from pretty early on. I think Edmunds can get to that level and maybe even excel beyond it with his physical gifts but there might be some more rough edges to knock off early... I am thinking particularly play recognition.