Josh Allen to start getting some 1st team reps

9 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

This is absolutely correct.  

I think this is mostly correct. Would just argue that the names in the hyperbole could be scrambled and it doesn’t matter.

Will I be excited if Josh becomes the GOAT and leads us to super bowl wins? Absolutely! Will I be excited if AJ or Nate were to do the same? Absolutely! And I don’t much care their path to get there.

Are Pats fans upset that Brady didn’t justify a first round pick? Doubt it. Are Rams fans unhappy that Kurt Warner was stocking shelves. Nope.

In the end, we just want a franchise who can take us to the promised land. If it happens to be Josh? Awesome! 

54 minutes ago, Bongo said:

I think this is mostly correct. Would just argue that the names in the hyperbole could be scrambled and it doesn’t matter.

Will I be excited if Josh becomes the GOAT and leads us to super bowl wins? Absolutely! Will I be excited if AJ or Nate were to do the same? Absolutely! And I don’t much care their path to get there.

Are Pats fans upset that Brady didn’t justify a first round pick? Doubt it. Are Rams fans unhappy that Kurt Warner was stocking shelves. Nope.

In the end, we just want a franchise who can take us to the promised land. If it happens to be Josh? Awesome! 

I'm exactly there.   I don't have a horse in the race, except that I figure that Allen has the best chance of being great, and McCarron the second best.   

I'm a firm believer that you play the games to win, not to build for the future.   The guy who gives you the best chance to win is the guy you put on the field.   I think, based on one comment from McD, that McCarron has the edge in the competition - McD seemed skeptical that Allen as a rookie could outperform a veteran like McCarron, even given McCarron's lack of starts.  

A lot depends on Daboll.  What kind of expectations will his offense put on the QB?   Given his years in the Patriots' offense, it's likely that he will have high expectations - the offense may seem simple on the surface, but I'd guess that Daboll will expect the QB to do a lot of little things right, just like Belichick expects his QB to do a lot of little things right.   If that's the case, McCarron has a big edge, because he already knows a lot of little things.   It will take time for Allen to catch up.   

The best outcome is that Allen wins the competition and starts day 1.   Teams can bet on only one QB at a time, and the Bills have bet on Allen.   Having him on the bench only lengthens the amount of time it takes to find out whether the team has to make a new bet.   That philosophy doesn't dictate that he start immediately - the best guy gets the start, but there's in terms of team building, the sooner you know that you have or don't have your QB, the sooner you can make personnel and draft decisions about the QB.   

5 hours ago, Bob Lamb said:

Sorry Kelly - he's in the Pros now. Play time is over. If he starts Opening Day - I'm buying at the new Checkers

There is a new Checkers?! I heard Fran had to close the legendary one down a while back. 

I think it’s 50-50 he starts game one, or within the first few. 

On 6/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

There is a new Checkers?! I heard Fran had to close the legendary one down a while back. 

On 6/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

The guy who owns Denby bought it and put his nephew in charge. They are open now after a massive cleaning.