What If Rex Never Was Hired & Schwartz was The HC ?

I know the Bills are in a good place now with the Mc Bean era firmly in place, the play off drought is over & i see good things in the future under this new regime but while reading today on Rumblings i saw a What If post about the coaching staff prior to this one that the Pegula's have now .

The post was about how after Marrone stiffed the Bills & the Bills had this kick butt D in place the coach of the unit was Jim Schwartz which had head coaching experience & has now put a Super Bowl ring on his finger . I for one was hoping they would keep him for the continuity part of him staying & through reading that article was wondering what you all thought about that ?

I know the past is the past & i am glad in the direction that the Bills are taking but do you think if the Pegula's would have put Schwartz in the HC ing position it would have been better or worse than Rex ?

Jim Schwartz was (and still is) a great coordinator.  That doesn't necessarily translate into success as a head coach.  Supposedly, when he was HC for the Lions, he had issues with player discipline. 

Schwartz would have likely been a better and more successful HC then Rex (with Buffalo).  With that being said, I'm happy with McD thus far and so the "what ifs?" don't really matter too much because at the moment it would appear as though we have a quality HC

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Better or worse? Not sure it could be worse especially with Rex changing a defense hence dumping players for a defense which was already working. 

Not sure about better though.  Jim Schwartz did not do such a good job in Detroit and not sure how he would have learned his lessons and changed so quick and it is not likely IMO we would have reached playoffs in a year three Jim Schwartz reign.

I think Schwartz as HC with Whaley as GM would have had this team a QB away from being a powerhouse.  That said, as much as I think Whaley was a good GM, I don't think he had the chops to get that QB.  We'll never know.  But I can say with certainty that the Bills would have been better with Schwartz/Whaley than with the Ryan circus the Pegulas invited into Buffalo.

That's in the past, though.  We have a better GM; that is certain.  We'll see how the coaching staff is, as well as the QB situation.  But, overall, the team is a lot less talented than it was back then.  I trust the process and feel good about where we are and where we're going.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

it is not likely IMO we would have reached playoffs in a year three Jim Schwartz

Respectfully disagree , providing he brought a decent OC in . All that D needed was a top 16 offense and we get a WIld Card in there somewhere.

i do agree he is not a head coach( which is an administrative position , often) but a heck of a DC

17 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

What if the emperor had sent those star destroyers into battle instead of just using the Death Star?  

https://goo.gl/images/RWjQDb

• Like (+1) 1

What if 

49 minutes ago, T master said:

it would have been better or worse than Rex ?

It would of, could of, should of......

......but it's not as ridiculous as the antiquated notion of this thread. 

Edited by Ifartalot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Schwartz as head coach is what should have happened. Him and Whaley should have been given the following season if improvement continued re new their contracts, if it wasn't the direction you wanted start fresh. This would have potentially saved time in starting fresh but instead we got a second season of rex

Schwartz in my opinion deserved a shot even for just one season

However this is all in the past and we seem to have hired the right guys

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Who is the GM?

and who would have been his OC.  

Also, TT came to the BIlls primarily due to the Rex connection.  We may never have had Tyrod in the building. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

I know the Bills are in a good place now with the Mc Bean era firmly in place, the play off drought is over & i see good things in the future under this new regime but while reading today on Rumblings i saw a What If post about the coaching staff prior to this one that the Pegula's have now .

The post was about how after Marrone stiffed the Bills & the Bills had this kick butt D in place the coach of the unit was Jim Schwartz which had head coaching experience & has now put a Super Bowl ring on his finger . I for one was hoping they would keep him for the continuity part of him staying & through reading that article was wondering what you all thought about that ?

I know the past is the past & i am glad in the direction that the Bills are taking but do you think if the Pegula's would have put Schwartz in the HC ing position it would have been better or worse than Rex ?

Good question. ;)

Some do not even read tweets unless quoted on wall and even in this case I need to highlight it to read it since it is in all blue.

I wonder if it was pasted on Packers board would it be green?

tweet.jpg

Some do not even read tweets unless quoted on wall and even in this case I need to highlight it to read it since it is in all blue.

I wonder if it was pasted on Packers board would it be green?

tweet.jpg

Of course posting and following tweets are for twits.