Summit Predictions

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Be nice. I appreciate his opinions, regardless of whether or not I agree with them. He expresses himself well without going full retard like Gator, Gary, Grant, etc.

Appreciate the class. 

Unlike others in this space who don't know what it is let alone possess any of it. 

20 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Yawn.

All these ceremonial formalities tip my "Give-A-Schiff-Meter" about .001 on a 10 scale.

I'm not exactly a ceremonial person, either - I'm probably the least ceremonial person you'll ever meet.

But meetings like this are highly scripted and planned, because every gesture and word carries great weight.  It's basically a very specialized jargon, in which Trump subordinated the US to Un and the DPRK.  Is that over-interpretation?  Yes...to us.  Less so to the people around the world that deal with foreign policy issues.  

33 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not exactly a ceremonial person, either - I'm probably the least ceremonial person you'll ever meet.

But meetings like this are highly scripted and planned, because every gesture and word carries great weight.  It's basically a very specialized jargon, in which Trump subordinated the US to Un and the DPRK.  Is that over-interpretation?  Yes...to us.  Less so to the people around the world that deal with foreign policy issues.  

Poppycock.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, westside said:

So the rumours about Obama are true?

Not sure about Obama, but there are photos and videos of G Dubbya and the king of Saudi Arabia kissing and walking hand in hand together. 

40 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's how it works.  It's silly, but it's reality.

So who in the world of foreign policy now believes that the US is subservient to DPRK? 

Let me answer...no one.

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No reason to pull out the "P" word.

?

I try to save it for special occasions. Maybe I whipped it out to soon.

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Not sure about Obama, but there are photos and videos of G Dubbya and the king of Saudi Arabia kissing and walking hand in hand together. 

That wouldn't surprise me!?

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

While there is certainly some truth to the idea that people are looking to be offended and will be simply for that reason alone, the phenomenon cuts both ways as there is no shortage of those on the right who always have their antennae up and ready to find offense. 

But I can't speak for why anyone else who may be offended. I've stated why I'm offended as have the veterans in my family. If you and others can't see how that's possible, it's no skin off my back and we certainly don't have to qualify that viewpoint to anyone thinking it's just more liberal outrage. 

What are your opinions of Vietnam, Germany, Italy and Japan? Arw you ss offended by out countrys relationship with them as well? 

Just curious.....

2 hours ago, westside said:

That wouldn't surprise me!?

What are your opinions of Vietnam, Germany, Italy and Japan? Arw you ss offended by out countrys relationship with them as well? 

Just curious.....

No. And I’m not going to get into the weeds explaining why the four countries you listed are totally false equivalencies. Besides, my issue isn’t the relationship we are trying to establish with a country we are still technically at war with, that’s a positive thing. it’s the rhetoric our president sought fit to use while “joking” about how he wished he had the same level of respect from his people as that of a murderous dictator. Hope that clarifies it. I’ve got nothing more to add on the subject. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

No. And I’m not going to get into the weeds explaining why the four countries you listed are totally false equivalencies. Besides, my issue isn’t the relationship we are trying to establish with a country we are still technically at war with, that’s a positive thing. it’s the rhetoric our president sought fit to use while “joking” about how he wished he had the same level of respect from his people as that of a murderous dictator. Hope that clarifies it. I’ve got nothing more to add on the subject. 

My grandfather along with three of his fellow soldiers were killed while riding in a jeep just a few days before WW2 ended. He left a wife and four young children behind. I don't have any animosity towards Germany,  Italy or Japan. Nor should I. War is hell and people die. 

You try to come across as level headed and willing to try to see both sides. But you really don't. You're very disingenuous. No matter what facts are presented to you, you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and not listen to the facts. At least gator and Gary  are upfront with their extreme partisanship. You are not so honest when it comes to discussing the President.

55 minutes ago, westside said:

My grandfather along with three of his fellow soldiers were killed while riding in a jeep just a few days before WW2 ended. He left a wife and four young children behind. I don't have any animosity towards Germany,  Italy or Japan. Nor should I. War is hell and people die. 

You try to come across as level headed and willing to try to see both sides. But you really don't. You're very disingenuous. No matter what facts are presented to you, you continue to stick your fingers in your ears and not listen to the facts. At least gator and Gary  are upfront with their extreme partisanship. You are not so honest when it comes to discussing the President.

Dare I say?

Wolf-sheep.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, westside said:

Again, you misunderstand where my animosity lies. Has nothing to do with the N Korean people. And, as I said, it’s a positive that we are AGAIN seeking to establish better relations. My entire dissatisfaction lies in what the president said yesterday morning. Period. 

Have someone else explain to you the false equivalency you draw between N Korea and the other countries you cited and WHY.

The rest of your post simply isn’t worth responding to. 

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Thank you, but westside said nothing negative about or to me. He's a good poster too. You're one of our best Canadian posters.

I'm always confusing you and Row33. You both use 3 in your name, and the avatars are very similar in coloring and with the slant on the lower right of the pic.

I doubt I'm the only one.

Edited by OJABBA

23 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

I'm always confusing you and Row33. You both use 3 in your name, and the avatars are very similar in coloring and with the slant on the lower right of the pic.

I doubt I'm the only one.

Just differentiate by content of the post.:D I do the same thing with TYTT and gator.

• Haha (+1) 1