Summit Predictions

52 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yes, he was joking, which was obvious after watching the video.

But is it so hard to understand why some may not find it remotely funny or even be offended by his "joke?" My people didn't fight and die in Korea so that our president, our commander in chief, can make a joke about wanting his people to behave in the same brainwashed way as N Korea's murderous dictator's people behave for him. A murderous dictator whom we are still technically at war with, by the way. 

So sure, go ahead and bring the snark and hurl the insults at those who didn't find it funny. Others have good reason to take issue with those words. 

The problem is that the vast majority of people who find his comments offensive are actively looking to be offended by anything he says or does. I'm sure his morning bowel movement is offensive to many liberals, for no other reason than they hate Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

The problem is that the vast majority of people who find his comments offensive are actively looking to be offended by anything he says or does.

Which is probably the biggest reason he makes those comments.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Right on! I'm totally with you, man. Everyone who didn't want Hillary as president belongs to a cult!  They are all stupid, uneducated POS crazy people!

Let's get that message out, everywhere we go! Yeah, I know it makes us sound unhinged, but it's for the greater cause!

Not With Her? You're A Cultist POS!  :lol:

Meeting is next Tuesday at 6 pm. Bring a white robe.

35 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Are you really this stupid?

Yes. Yes he is.

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Which is probably the biggest reason he makes those comments.

He is the world's greatest troll.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, peace out said:

What are the actual results Trump has achieved from the summit?

On 6/11/2018 at 10:34 PM, DC Tom said:

That's what these summits are.  Shake hands, shoot the ****, pretend you negotiated something that your underlings spent months negotiating earlier.

The Camp David accords involved 14 months of behind-the-scenes negotiating before Sadat and Begin met.  You think this meeting's the start of talks?  Most this'll be is an agreement on a framework for future negotiations and another summit about a year from now.

19 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The problem is that the vast majority of people who find his comments offensive are actively looking to be offended by anything he says or does. I'm sure his morning bowel movement is offensive to many liberals, for no other reason than they hate Trump.

While there is certainly some truth to the idea that people are looking to be offended and will be simply for that reason alone, the phenomenon cuts both ways as there is no shortage of those on the right who always have their antennae up and ready to find offense. 

But I can't speak for why anyone else who may be offended. I've stated why I'm offended as have the veterans in my family. If you and others can't see how that's possible, it's no skin off my back and we certainly don't have to qualify that viewpoint to anyone thinking it's just more liberal outrage. 

Edited by K-9

8 minutes ago, K-9 said:

While there is certainly some truth to the idea that people are looking to be offended and will be simply because of that but that phenomenon cuts both ways as there is no shortage of those on the right who always have their antennae up and ready to find offense. 

But I can't speak for why anyone else who may be offended. I've stated why I'm offended as have the veterans in my family. If you and others can't see how that's possible, it's no skin off my back and we certainly don't have to qualify that viewpoint to anyone thinking it's just more liberal outrage. 

As a veteran myself, I have no problem with what Trump said as a joke. Then again I don't have skin the thickness of a condom.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

As a veteran myself, I have no problem with what Trump said as a joke. Then again I don't have skin the thickness of a condom.

Well, these veterans fought in Korea, so they feel differently. 

Nice job with the snarky insults to those veterans. I'll let them know they have such thin skin. 

For the folks debating the last two pages..........

David Drucker FACT CHECKS outraged Lefties on Trump saying he wants people to treat him like Kim Jong Un

Imagine going through life LOOKING for ways to spread outrage …

Granted, if you’re a seriously biased talking head in the age of Trump, you’re going to hear what you want to hear, like ThinkProgress editor and founder, Judd Legum.

yv-YqI5w_normal.jpgJudd Legum

Trump says he wants people to treat him like North Koreans treat Kim Jung Un.

Really.

DDdeli3_normal.jpgDavid M. Drucker
So, in watching video, when Trump refers to Kim's "people" he seems to be referring to govt staff/generals, etc. Because when Trump says he wants his people to do same,
he points to the WH behind him...1/

...Now, there are still some potential problems w/ Trump's comments. Kim's subordinates most show fealty to Kim - there is no freedom of dissent or a Constitution they are pledged to uphold, so it's either bow to Kim or go to the gulags...2/

...Although all president's want/need loyalty & in fact it's customary to stand when the president enters the room, etc, a greater loyalty to the Constitution is understood to take precedence. And it's unclear that POTUS appreciates this feature of our system...3/

No one is the least bit surprised that Trump of all presidents wants loyalty from the people who work for him, right?

Not necessarily a great character trait but not literally Kim Jong Un.

And kudos to Drucker for not jumping on the ‘TRUMP WANTS TO BE AN EVIL DICTATOR WE KNEW IT’ train like the rest of the media.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2018/06/15/david-drucker-fact-checks-outraged-lefties-on-trump-saying-he-wants-people-to-treat-him-like-kim-jong-un/

TrumpKim.jpg

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And just to beat the normal crowd to the punch: 

Only if you don't understand what returning a salute means. A return salute is a simple sign of respect to a soldier, not a ritualistic signal of inferiority. 

While that's open to debate as circumstance dictates, Trump probably erred on the side of caution by returning the salute. Hard to fault him for that. 

Just now, K-9 said:

While that's open to debate as circumstance dictates, Trump probably erred on the side of caution by returning the salute. Hard to fault him for that. 

He was specifically told beforehand it was incorrect protocol.

Still...it's his same old stupidity.  Nothing remarkable there.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He was specifically told beforehand it was incorrect protocol.

Still...it's his same old stupidity.  Nothing remarkable there.

In that case, he should be faulted for it. Like I said,  it's my understanding the etiquette is based on the circumstance, including country and who is doing the saluting. Allies are one thing, enemies another, etc.  In the case of N Korea, it's easy to see why he was advised not to. But, stupid is as stupid does as they say. 

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

In that case, he should be faulted for it. Like I said,  it's my understanding the etiquette is based on the circumstance, including country and who is doing the saluting. Allies are one thing, enemies another, etc.  In the case of N Korea, it's easy to see why he was advised not to. But, stupid is as stupid does as they say. 

You'll wear yourself out trying to point out all the stupid **** Trump says on a daily basis

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GG said:

You'll wear yourself out trying to point out all the stupid **** Trump says on a daily basis

You got that right. Fortunately, most of what he says goes in one ear and out the other but occasionally he will utter something I find personally offensive, like this morning. He managed to denigrate those who gave the ultimate sacrifice fighting against the kind of murderous regime he found so laudable in his "joke" this morning. 

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I would not have returned a salute for the record. Like you I'm from a family of veterans, some of that war.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

You got that right. Fortunately, most of what he says goes in one ear and out the other but occasionally he will utter something I find personally offensive, like this morning. He managed to denigrate those who gave the ultimate sacrifice fighting against the kind of murderous regime he found so laudable in his "joke" this morning. 

No different than standing next to a crazy uncle who has a penchant for always saying stupid things.  By the time you're 16 you know to tune him out.

I know it's a bizarre concept to have a crazy uncle manning the most important job in the world, but so far, he's managed to differentiate his mouth from his signing hand.  Once the two start to converge, then it will be time to be more concerned (like the looming trade war).

• Like (+1) 1