Summit Predictions

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Trump gave up the exercises for nothing...a concession.

The military exercises are for show, the same as the nuclear installations and missile testing sites that Kim blew up in front of the media.

But go ahead, and consider it a concession along with the cackle of self-interested critics.

I will await for the follow-on details to gauge the success or failure of these talks.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yep, unhinged.

Lol, you guys are the nes who are all excited over Trump being on tv last night with his fat, murderous buddy there. Talk about circle jerk 

Newsflash, military exercises are practice. We have stood down for an empty promise 

27 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I find it very amusing that NKorea or Summit or Denuclearization aren't trending on Twitter today, I would bet that when the Presidents Twitter account misspelled the first lady's name, that trended, but not the events of today.....

image.thumb.png.92eb4abfe245f85c98ffae8c158f437c.png

Net Neutrality is at #4?!

19 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Shadow banning and digital no-platforming are very real.

Internet Bill of Rights now.

Apparently more so than I realized.

13 minutes ago, GG said:

And you wonder why many people think net neutrality will save the internet.

What are you talking about?  Social media IS how most people process information now.

I've rarely seen an idea so intentionally misrepresented as net neutrality is.  Thankfully at this point it's little more than an anti-corporate/pro-regulatory rallying cry, and not something on the verge of being imposed again.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I predict that, whatever happens, Trump gets no credit and all blame.

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That's what these summits are.  Shake hands, shoot the ****, pretend you negotiated something that your underlings spent months negotiating earlier.

The Camp David accords involved 14 months of behind-the-scenes negotiating before Sadat and Begin met.  You think this meeting's the start of talks?  Most this'll be is an agreement on a framework for future negotiations and another summit about a year from now.

How'm I doing on my predictions so far?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

lighten up Francis..this is funny as hell. Crimminy, some the graphics even point to Fox not talking specifically about North Korea..

More proof of how disingenuous the left can be. Regardless, circumstances change. Kim was the one requesting the meeting because Trump had boxed him in. Trump agreed then said "no meeting" when NK became belligerent. Kim immediately came back basically begging for the meeting. Trump was being criticized by the left for cancelling the meeting. Yes, the same left that is criticizing him for having a meeting. Once Trump regained the advantage he agreed to the meeting. Trump was never, ever going to have a meeting without being in the power position. That's how you negotiate.

8 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Yeah, except for things like getting elected the President.

do you really think people were swayed to Trump by social media?

people are kinda conservative in body and soul and set fast there

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think all the left has is "he took a picture with Kim thereby legitimizing him to the world" ... or at least that was what the talking point was last night. Hard to keep up the goalposts move so often. ?

I love the comments that Trump "legitimized Kim" by the left leaning media outlets today. It's as if they've forgotten how they fawned all over Kim's sister at the Olympics:

Dff3bRQX0AIBLhb.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/10/asia/kim-sister-olympics/index.html

Hypocrisy at it's finest. 

2 hours ago, baskin said:

Trump hasn't done anything different than the Bushes, Clinton and Obama

He sat down in one on one meetings with a leader of the DPRK. That, literally, has never been done before by an American leader. So... unsurprisingly, your analysis is incorrect from the start. 

You're terrible at this. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The left has become unhinged over this. 

It's going to get worse. The week is just starting... lots of big news to come.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

do you really think people were swayed to Trump by social media?

people are kinda conservative in body and soul and set fast there

I gotta go to work....and it's so obvious that it's not worth bickering about. Yeah. Social Media played a huge role.

Edited by OJABBA

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I just hate to legitimize you by responding but Trump's sanctions were what brought Kim to the table. Add in Trump's declarations that NK would never become a bona fide nuclear power by threatening war. It's as simple as that. It's nice to have a Churchill as our leader versus the Chamberlain that was Obama.

Agree to a point. But Barry was actually much worse than Chamberlain. I would rather have a wimpy bury your head in the sand guy than someone that actually acts like an enemy agent.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Wait, wouldn't that violate the social media companies SACROSANCT right to free speech?

If you're really desperate to have your ass kicked today, I'll have you explain your position that it would violate free speech, and exactly how it would violate free speech.

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If you're really desperate to have your ass kicked today, I'll have you explain your position that it would violate free speech, and exactly how it would violate free speech.

Wait, maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Did you actually just call for an "internet bill of rights?"

or was that sarcasm and I missed the tag?

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

A leftist’s take on the summit

Damon Linker argues that there are three potential outcomes of the Trump-Kim summit, none of which is good. The article provides an amusing illustration of how twisted the anti-Trump left has become.

One outcome, says Linker, is a “modest” deal, akin to the one President Clinton reached with North Korea. Normally, says Linker, this would be a good outcome because it would avert war, at least for a while. But because Trump is being advised by hawkish Mike Pompeo and John Bolton, Trump will promptly declare North Korea out of compliance lead us into war. So says Linker.

A another outcome is no deal. According to Linker, in this scenario war “moves from likely to a near certainty.”

The final possible outcome is a deal in which North Korea agrees to denuclearize. Surely, that’s a decent outcome, no?

Not for Linker. In this scenario, “Republicans would be well-placed to hold onto Congress in November — and Trump himself would be strongly situated to mount a successful bid for re-election in 2020.”

Linker doesn’t say whether this would be worse than a war with North Korea.:lol:

MORE AT THE LINK:

US-last-v-first.jpeg?resize=556%2C600

omg look at that evil hag Merkel looking down on Trump pissed off that he isn't going along with their "destroy the west at all costs" agenda. What a POS she is. Where are the hell the men over there? Are there any?  They have to have this soulless mutt as their leader?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

These are the same people saying Trump was wrong to even talk with Kim: 

DfgOIS7W0AQXRZV.jpg

... Let that sink in. 

What? The byline or the actual article you have not linked to? 

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

omg look at that evil hag Merkel looking down on Trump pissed off that he isn't going along with their "destroy the west at all costs" agenda. What a POS she is. Where are the hell the men over there? Are there any?  They have to have this soulless mutt as their leader?

Settle down man, you sound ready to get rid of any criticism of Trump. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What? The byline or the actual article you have not linked to? 

Settle down man, you sound ready to get rid of any criticism of Trump. 

nah..that photo just struck me very oddly. She is so weak but acts like she is some sort of Queen. Maybe she is of the ******* masses across Europe. Not on this side of the water though.

:lol: 

(parody account obviously)

*********************************************************************************************************

Jim Acosta caught on a hot mic defending his "questions". Starts at 2:41:00

"Hey, if they're not going to let me in the !@#$ing meeting then that's what happens."

He has to lose his credentials. 

The moment isn't about Jim. It's not about Trump. It's not even about Kim. But dammit, Acosta is going to make sure it's about him in the end because he's an asshat, not a journalist. 

1M2V6Ltq.jpg:large

Here's the "movie" they made for Kim: 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Haha (+1) 1