Who will be the 2018 Heisman Winner

Buffalo716

22 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bryce Love RB Stanford 

The same High School produced both Bryce Love and Dexter Lawrence and the High School did not win a state title until both had graduated.  Wake Forest (NC) High School North of Raleigh. 

I think Bryce Love is the obvious choice, but I also love Jonathan Taylor of Wisonsin. The guy was a beast as a Freshman. Dobbins was good also and has potential as well to be relied upon more after the graduation of Barrett. After that the list is dominated by QB's. Stidham @ Auburn, Bryant @ Clemson, and McSorley @ Penn St. I don't believe Fromm looks nearly as good this year without Michel and Chubb. I also wouldn't be surprised if Bosa gets mentioned as a candidate. I think he's going to have a monster year. A guy I also like, but I don't know if his team will be good enough or if he has a capable enough QB is A.J. Brown WR @ Ole Miss. If he gets good enough QB play then he could put up 85-90 catches, 1,500+ yards, and 15+ TD's making him be in the convo. In the end I think it's Bryant from Clemson. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:22 PM, Sky Diver said:

Tua Tagovailoa, The University of Alabama. Roll Tide!

Absolutely. I expect Tua to be flat out great.

My dark horse is Najee Harris. If he stays healthy he will catch dozens of passes in addition to being a great runner.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:47 PM, YoloinOhio said:

JK effing Dobbins OR Jonathan Taylor

dark horse: Deondre Francois

Wow, really? Francis looks like he will be broken in half.

Edited by Bill from NYC

On 6/21/2018 at 9:05 AM, Bfanlc said:

Word going around is Fromm may not even be the starter this year. Which I think would be a mistake on Kirby.

That’s insane

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

When you have a 5* #2 player in the country in Fields, sometimes you gotta play him or lose him

Nah. He’s a true freshman. He can play up to 4 games and still redshirt with the new rules. Play him in mop up time. Fromm will be gone after next year, field knew all this when he signed. If he wanted to start right away he should have gone elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s insane

Nah. He’s a true freshman. He can play up to 4 games and still redshirt with the new rules. Play him in mop up time. Fromm will be gone after next year, field knew all this when he signed. If he wanted to start right away he should have gone elsewhere. 

Tua was gonna leave Alabama if he didn’t play in the title game so it happens 

maybe Fields is better ?

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Tua was gonna leave Alabama if he didn’t play in the title game so it happens 

maybe Fields is better ?

I mean... they are all good prospects. But they are walking into situations where everyone else is elite too. Fields hasn’t proven anything on the big stage and Fromm has. Unless Fromm looks bad in practice and Fields actually beats him out (unlikely) he should be well aware he’s not starting this year. If he was hell bent on playing as a true freshman he would have signed somewhere where the job was wide open for that to happen. I’m sure he knows the deal. He chose UGA for the program. 

For the Bama kid, that makes no sense.  Glad he got his shot, and he made the most of it. But why would he have left if he didn’t play In that game? He knew the QB room when he signed. What kind of true freshman qb says he’s going to transfer if he doesn’t play in the title game? That’s some shade toward the current starter. Weird.

my point is simply that no kid is entitled to start as a true freshman .. no matter how many stars or what his ranking is. Every QB at programs like that are highly rated and ranked. Need to earn the privilege to play and they all know who is already there and who they need to compete with when they sign. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean... they are all good prospects. But they are walking into situations where everyone else is elite too. Fields hasn’t proven anything on the big stage and Fromm has. Unless Fromm looks bad in practice and Fields actually beats him out (unlikely) he should be well aware he’s not starting this year. If he was hell bent on playing as a true freshman he would have signed somewhere where the job was wide open for that to happen. I’m sure he knows the deal. He chose UGA for the program. 

For the Bama kid, that makes no sense.  Glad he got his shot, and he made the most of it. But why would he have left if he didn’t play In that game? He knew the QB room when he signed. What kind of true freshman qb says he’s going to transfer if he doesn’t play in the title game? That’s some shade toward the current starter. Weird.

my point is simply that no kid is entitled to start as a true freshman .. no matter how many stars or what his ranking is. Every QB at programs like that are highly rated and ranked. Need to earn the privilege to play and they all know who is already there and who they need to compete with when they sign. 

I fully agree with you. I was just saying maybe Fields is better.

you don’t hand true FR QBs the job...

as for Alabama , yes, their were a lot of rumblings about Tua transferring if he didn’t get any time in The playoffs... he got some in the semi final iirc and we all know he started the second half of the title game

word out of Tuscaloosa was that he was getting upset about not playing but outplaying Hurts in practice all season 

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I fully agree with you. I was just saying maybe Fields is better.

you don’t hand true FR QBs the job...

as for Alabama , yes, their were a lot of rumblings about Tua transferring if he didn’t get any time in The playoffs... he got some in the semi final iirc and we all know he started the second half of the title game

word out of Tuscaloosa was that he was getting upset about not playing but outplaying Hurts in practice all season 

I just think it’s tough to replace a starting QB when you are winning, which is what Bama would have had to do. Hurts isn’t a good QB as far as an nfl prospect but he did win. Clearly the best qb should play, but it’s difficult to tell when a kid is “game ready”. Practice can’t emulate a prime time game on the road for example, when you’ve already seen the incumbent win those types of games. There is a trust factor involved, we went through it at OSU. Bama got desperate vs UGA when Hurts couldn’t move the ball in the air vs an elite D, and made what looks like the right call since they won.

The difference between college and pro is that for the big programs there are warm up games you know you are going to win regardless of which qb plays. And typically all the QBs are similarly talented, yet just vary in experience. The starter can look great and compile impressive stats against cupcakes. But the qb who can win a national title isn’t always the starter. Yet you can only play one at a time. I think the new rule of being able to play up to 4 games and still redshirt is going to lead to more QB changes because coaches will be able to get a look at kids in game situations they otherwise would not have. 

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just think it’s tough to replace a starting QB when you are winning, which is what Bama would have had to do. Hurts isn’t a good QB as far as an nfl prospect but he did win. Clearly the best qb should play, but it’s difficult to tell when a kid is “game ready”. Practice can’t emulate a prime time game on the road for example, when you’ve already seen the incumbent win those types of games. There is a trust factor involved, we went through it at OSU. Bama got desperate vs UGA when Hurts couldn’t move the ball in the air vs an elite D, and made what looks like the right call since they won.

The difference between college and pro is that for the big programs there are warm up games you know you are going to win regardless of which qb plays. And typically all the QBs are similarly talented, yet just vary in experience. The starter can look great and compile impressive stats against cupcakes. But the qb who can win a national title isn’t always the starter. Yet you can only play one at a time. I think the new rule of being able to play up to 4 games and still redshirt is going to lead to more QB changes because coaches will be able to get a look at kids in game situations they otherwise would not have. 

Of course. Hurts is very talented just not an NFL QB ... but he can start at 100 D1 programs lol 

it always a tough call especially when you have multiple good ones... but that isn’t a bad problem 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.