Fan Advisory Board--Suggestions?

On 6/12/2018 at 10:50 AM, plenzmd1 said:

But they cant start selling beer to noon right? That was the law they wanted the exception for, but New York would not grant it. 

So its you can buy beer in a store now I believe at 9 AM Sunday, but a bar cant sell you beer till noon..i think that's it

So give a convenience store a lease on a space.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:58 PM, Augie said:

How long has the train horn been around? I know it annoyed me from Day One, but I don’t remember when it started. Someone mentioned the sound of buffaloes rumbling (sorry, I’m too lazy to go back for details), but I’d think that would be an improvement. Of course, a large Whoopi Cusion noise might also be an improvement. 

Thundering herd would be a vast improvement.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Rip all the seats out of one of the corner sections, like 118 or 125. Put up railings with cup holders in each row. Sell those sections as standing only for those fans that want to stand the entire game. If it seems popular enough, do another section the next year. 

Standing Ovation! Great idea!

I sincerely hope you and others on this committee take it seriously.  As such, I hope one or more of these provoke consideration.

1. Hire a full-time, professional cheerleading group (no I'm not a fan of the Jills) - See Baltimore Ravens Cheerleaders
    1. https://www.baltimoreravens.com/cheerleaders/
  2. Hire a full-time marching band that plays between plays, during time-outs, and during the half - Again, See the Baltimore Ravens Band
    1. https://www.google.com/search?q=Baltimore+ravens+band&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwip8uLpy9PbAhUtuVkKHdx8CdsQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=983
  3. #1 and #2 will help to make the already amazing Bills Games have more of a college football feel. 
  4. Play RedZone during all stops in action (as previously noted)
  5. Continue improving (cleaning up) the poor fan behavior in stadium and in stadium lots.  Sorry guys, keep your drunken puking, table breaking and craziness in the private lots.
  6. Move the National Anthem to before the Player Introductions.  I always felt it weird to get all hyped up for Intros, only to then remove my headgear and stand relatively silenced for a few minutes, then ramp it back up again after the anthem.  I'd rather have the anthem performed, then let football intros and excitement start and last continuously until kick-off.
  7. Bring back the stampeding Buffalo during all kick offs
  8. Provide real-time updates (jumbotron?) on injuries or other player related issues during the game.  At home I know when #xx is out of the game and for what reason.  In stadium, I typically don't notice until the drive is half over and I wonder where so and so is.  Then I have to ask around to people with ear buds as to what is going on.

Ask them to bring back the retired cops/bouncers as the stadium security in those purple windbreakers.

Seeing them descend on out of control, brawling drunks, pull the drunk's jersey over their heads (hockey fight style!) and pummel them all the way down the section stairs was awesome entertainment!

• Haha (+1) 1

here are my thoughts in no particular order. a few have already been suggested

• Turn Gate 1 back into general entry. no need to have a huge gate dedicated for a few dozen (or even hundreds) of press just to force thousands of fans elsewhere
  • More local beers (hamburg, 12 gates, flying bison, big ditch etc)
  • more water fountains (see Denver game last year)
  • sitting only sections (i don't want to stand for 3 hours either)
  • expand the Tops family section
  • more (free) family-oriented pre-game activities. flag football, street hockey, etc. have it outdoors and not in the field house\
  • maybe not totally eliminate the train horn (it doesn't bother me as much as others) but definitely more judicious use of it
  • show more meaningful (to us) NFL highlights during breaks (they will show a CHI/MIN highlight when the *pats and dolphins are playing)
  • better WiFi!! actually the coverage is fine but sooo sloooow when attached. they need to increase back-end bandwidth. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Figure out why the Club TV's that hang over the sections are on a 3-4 second delay from the big screens. I've got a club tv and big screen in my line of sight when watching a replay, and it's distracting that the video on the club tv is behind the audio and video on the big screen.

Someone earlier mention charging stations. The formerly heated club seats had power running to them for the heating elements. If the conduit and wiring is still there, they could put in outlets at every seat for people to use their chargers with. It would be an additional selling feature also, being able to charge your phone at your seat. 

Rip all the seats out of one of the corner sections, like 118 or 125. Put up railings with cup holders in each row. Sell those sections as standing only for those fans that want to stand the entire game. If it seems popular enough, do another section the next year. 

Now..do you think us common folk care about the swells sitting in the clubs? The charging thing is a great idea..guess they would all have to GFCI though..

You know I love the standing room thing..have been writing to them for years to at least do that at the top of the stadium..sell assigned "spots"  at the rail..i have seen that work great in other stadiums

22 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

So give a convenience store a lease on a space.

On the surface..that is a freaking great idea! could license a 7-11, with the idea all they could sell is beer, Slurpees, and pain relievers! But then i could see slupees being the beverage of choice to be thrown at someone..and I assume there is some freaking rule in NYS that would preventy the beer sales. 

BUt man, how great would Slurpee sales be the first month or so of the season!

34 minutes ago, wnysteel said:

here are my thoughts in no particular order. a few have already been suggested

• more water fountains (see Denver game last year)

I discussed this with them 3 years ago when the stadium renovation eliminated water fountains.  They said they had to do away with the plumbing for them, and that they were often used for things other than drinking water.  They've made water available at all guest services locations.  But re-installing fountains was not something they were prepared to do (at least not back then).

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You know I love the standing room thing..have been writing to them for years to at least do that at the top of the stadium..sell assigned "spots"  at the rail..i have seen that work great in other stadiums

I, for one, think it’s terrific that they can now start ignoring you in a more “official” capacity.   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Now..do you think us common folk care about the swells sitting in the clubs? The charging thing is a great idea..guess they would all have to GFCI though..

You can put in a GFCI breaker, no need to make every outlet one, but it is a good idea for extra security, so if one outlet trips it doesn't take out the entire section or more. 

That's my thought with the railings also, you'd have an assigned spot, not just making it General Admission. 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:48 PM, ShipUPride said:

I sincerely hope you and others on this committee take it seriously.  As such, I hope one or more of these provoke consideration.

1. Hire a full-time, professional cheerleading group (no I'm not a fan of the Jills) - See Baltimore Ravens Cheerleaders
    1. https://www.baltimoreravens.com/cheerleaders/
  2. Hire a full-time marching band that plays between plays, during time-outs, and during the half - Again, See the Baltimore Ravens Band
    1. https://www.google.com/search?q=Baltimore+ravens+band&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwip8uLpy9PbAhUtuVkKHdx8CdsQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1920&bih=983
  3. #1 and #2 will help to make the already amazing Bills Games have more of a college football feel. 
  4. Play RedZone during all stops in action (as previously noted)
  5. Continue improving (cleaning up) the poor fan behavior in stadium and in stadium lots.  Sorry guys, keep your drunken puking, table breaking and craziness in the private lots.
  6. Move the National Anthem to before the Player Introductions.  I always felt it weird to get all hyped up for Intros, only to then remove my headgear and stand relatively silenced for a few minutes, then ramp it back up again after the anthem.  I'd rather have the anthem performed, then let football intros and excitement start and last continuously until kick-off.
  7. Bring back the stampeding Buffalo during all kick offs
  8. Provide real-time updates (jumbotron?) on injuries or other player related issues during the game.  At home I know when #xx is out of the game and for what reason.  In stadium, I typically don't notice until the drive is half over and I wonder where so and so is.  Then I have to ask around to people with ear buds as to what is going on.

6 sounds like a fine idea. there should be a bit of flow to what is actually a dramatic affair.

This also tie in to the original #2
nothing wrong with building the drama till kickoff.

Half time is time to stretch the legs,  for fantasy fans and half time updates,  and getting  a pop and relieving oneself of the previous one (s)

: )

Good Thread !

Senior season ticket members (maybe 25+ years) should be getting some love without having to ask.  Some ideas: automatic VIP status at training camp, a higher rebate in Bills Bucks.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Senior season ticket members (maybe 25+ years) should be getting some love without having to ask.  Some ideas: automatic VIP status at training camp, a higher rebate in Bills Bucks.

Get Club Seats and you get both of those.

On 7/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, Just Jack said:

Get Club Seats and you get both of those.

I know - my whole point is that long-time support should be categorized similarly to that much more short term financial commitment 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:47 PM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Not profound but: In the lower bowl the seats are held together with bolts that are too long. They stick out at knee level and I jab my knee with this if I am not careful. Whoever did that job used bolts that were plainly too long.

Also some kind of resolution between standers and sitters. I am sitting in a $350 seat down in front and a couple kids drink and 20 want to stand the whole game. Refuse any requests to please sit down. Im not 20 ?

Im my day we had batteries we could throw to settle the matter but nowadays they take away all the good projectiles at the gates.

This two jerks got kicked out at halftime but everyone behind them had to put up with that for the whole first half.

They should just nail it down if you can or can't stand all game and where. That way I would know to buy a seat or not and where is all Im saying.

Aggravating to say the least.