Fan Advisory Board--Suggestions?

My $.02...no way #2 will happen.  NFL too strict on starting times because of TV and those ceremonies take at least 10 minutes.  Coaches won't want players going out to stand around for this pre-game "distraction" and a large number of fans don't get into the stadium early enough as well.

Completely agree that they don't nearly take advantage of all of those extra big screens in the stadium now.  There's got to be some reason for that because it makes too much sense from a fan perspective.

1 hour ago, eball said:

My $.02...no way #2 will happen.  NFL too strict on starting times because of TV and those ceremonies take at least 10 minutes.  Coaches won't want players going out to stand around for this pre-game "distraction" and a large number of fans don't get into the stadium early enough as well.

Completely agree that they don't nearly take advantage of all of those extra big screens in the stadium now.  There's got to be some reason for that because it makes too much sense from a fan perspective.

They did the Kelly cancer free ceremony,, and the Paegula ceremony, before the game. Thats why I am hoping for the same

6 minutes ago, stuvian said:

they should do more to promote the designated driver program

any ideas? I do not know much about the program..is it folks 21 and older register and get free soads?

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, folks...yours truly is going to participate in the Fan Advisory Board for the next two years. The first meeting for this group is coming up July 17th. Any suggestions you have for game days would be greatly appreciated. I harp on a few, but my main issues will be:

1) play Red-Zone on one of the boards during TV timeouts. PLay the network halftime show as well.

2) Perform any ceremonies, especially the Thurmal ceremony this year..pre game.  Not fair to either honoree or fans to do it at halftime.

3) Not a Bills rule, but I would like to see the NFL stop blocking streams of games within 1 mile of the stadium. Minor issue, but sometimes I want to watch a different 4 PM game than what is on the local channel in the post-game tailgate. And one year we had trouble getting the early London game as well.

4) cleaner bus lot..

Any suggestions welcome. They want us to submit some ideas for the first meeting, thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Would not mind #1, but do NOT want the network halftime show.  Those are a total waste and I skip them at home - rather see more Red Zone Action or highlights from our game.

I dislike the idea of doing celebrations pregame.  Halftime is not bad, but there is a ton going on pre-game and I feel like you will be just trying to fit it in with no good time for it.

I would like to see more replays on the screens and less volume on some of the things like the train horn. More scores and more fantasy numbers/highlights.  I don’t mind some of the ads, but the volume control is all over - many times you can’t hear anything and then something blasts so loud that you think you are going deaf.

More security patrolling the lots and better control over some of the rowdier groups both in and out of stadium.  I would also love to see more checkpoints around the stadium stopping the drunk drivers.

Bigger family areas with with restrictions on drinking and in a better location than the end zone corner.  I hate that I can’t bring my daughter and son and actually enjoy the game.  Even the preseason kids days had 2 drunk idiots fighting in our section and swearing at each other until the cops broke it up and dragged them away, but then others just start.

A designated area for Uber/Lyft to come in and pick people up or drop them off.  Provide some access to help get drunk people home.  

Edited by Rochesterfan

^^^^^ hear the volume thing a lot, so will definitely bring that up. Where I sit, (upper deck, 40 yd line, row 4) volume not an issue, but forget trying to understand anything a speaker says during an on-field ceremony. 

Chcekpoints i would think are controlled by Erie County.

I am not a fantasy guy. so I don't know the answer to this...but do you not get updates on your phone almost instantaneously? I am pretty sure they would not show them during gameplay, so only TV timeouts. They do that now no? 

The replays at halftime sounds good.. how great would it be if they could employ cover1 or yardsperpass to diagram plays on the telestrator plays from the first half on the big screen during halftime!

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, folks...yours truly is going to participate in the Fan Advisory Board for the next two years. The first meeting for this group is coming up July 17th. Any suggestions you have for game days would be greatly appreciated. I harp on a few, but my main issues will be:

1) play Red-Zone on one of the boards during TV timeouts. PLay the network halftime show as well.

2) Perform any ceremonies, especially the Thurmal ceremony this year..pre game.  Not fair to either honoree or fans to do it at halftime.

3) Not a Bills rule, but I would like to see the NFL stop blocking streams of games within 1 mile of the stadium. Minor issue, but sometimes I want to watch a different 4 PM game than what is on the local channel in the post-game tailgate. And one year we had trouble getting the early London game as well.

4) cleaner bus lot..

Any suggestions welcome. They want us to submit some ideas for the first meeting, thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Stop the train whistle. Bills fans are smart enough to figure out when to get loud.

12 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Flutie Leads The Charge

no

10 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

That is quite the cantankerous burr you have in your saddle. 

No hostler can help you with that.  

Perhaps he doesn’t suffer fools well?

50 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Would not mind #1, but do NOT want the network halftime show.  Those are a total waste and I skip them at home - rather see more Red Zone Action or highlights from our game.

I dislike the idea of doing celebrations pregame.  Halftime is not bad, but there is a ton going on pre-game and I feel like you will be just trying to fit it in with no good time for it.

I would like to see more replays on the screens and less volume on some of the things like the train horn. More scores and more fantasy numbers/highlights.  I don’t mind some of the ads, but the volume control is all over - many times you can’t hear anything and then something blasts so loud that you think you are going deaf.

More security patrolling the lots and better control over some of the rowdier groups both in and out of stadium.  I would also love to see more checkpoints around the stadium stopping the drunk drivers.

Bigger family areas with with restrictions on drinking and in a better location than the end zone corner.  I hate that I can’t bring my daughter and son and actually enjoy the game.  Even the preseason kids days had 2 drunk idiots fighting in our section and swearing at each other until the cops broke it up and dragged them away, but then others just start.

A designated area for Uber/Lyft to come in and pick people up or drop them off.  Provide some access to help get drunk people home.  

There actually is a Uber pickup zone. I think it's by the Big Tree Inn.

I always try to think of suggestions but never do. Game day is pretty much fine with me. The WiFi still sucks but what are you going to do with 70K trying to log on at once?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Intriguing. What is the longest current plan? I can see why M&M Pegula might balk, but a bit more interest might tip the scales.

I’m not sure (think it’s like 9). They started doing it in the NBA a few years ago and it makes total sense. Sports are the only place that asks “do you want to keep going?” My gym membership, Sirius, cell phone, cable, etc... all renew until you tell them to stop. Sports haven’t quite figured that out yet. They have to re-sell everyone each year. If it just rolled along (even with a small increase agreed upon in advance) they would have a much higher retention in bad years. The consumers like it because it allows them to spread it out more. It’s a no-brainer in my humble opinion.

21 hours ago, Augie said:

Is there a train horn formula? We can keep it to some extent, but can we do a little math on that one? 

My vote would be to please get rid of the train horn.  I hate at the stadium and on TV.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Stop the train whistle. Bills fans are smart enough to figure out when to get loud.

Yeah, the crowd knows when to bring the noise. 

However, they really need to be told when to shut up. More "quiet, offense at work" graphics could go a long way. The few times I saw them used last year, they worked like a charm.

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I always try to think of suggestions but never do. Game day is pretty much fine with me. The WiFi still sucks but what are you going to do with 70K trying to log on at once?

This is kind of how I feel.  I have a million suggestions with the Sabres... but I don't require much at Bills games.

A real Buffalo would be cool to lead the team on the field (long shot/slim and non)...  Or maybe even channel a "Buffalo Bill Cody" on a horse (much more reasonable).

If a fan returns a personal item to an opposing player by throwing it onto the field, the opposing player must thank the fan over the PA system.  

This should be retroactive so Brady will have to say "thanks for my dildo" before kickoff of the Monday nighter.

Another serious vote for getting rid of train horn.  It is obnoxious to begin with - and went from being a 3rd down thing to a constant annoyance throughout the game.  It is pure bush league.  I have never heard a person say they like it - but have heard plenty who hate it.  They need to do an informal fan poll if they don't realize the opinion of the fans on this one - and get rid of it once and for all.

I also feel strongly that for 'Leading the Charge', the guest of honor should be on a golf cart on the field and actually, you know, lead the charge?  Standing there stationary waving a flag to 'lead the charge' is ridiculous.

Billy Buffalo I guess gets a stay of execution since apparently he wasn't the cause of the drought after all (although I do believe it's possible the really Billy Buffalo was killed in a secret ceremony allowing the Bills to make the playoffs and the hideous blue furry thing we see now is a masterful replacement)

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

My vote would be to please get rid of the train horn.  I hate at the stadium and on. TV.  

I’ll say I only hate it when I hear it. Looking for a less obnoxious substitute works for me too. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

They did the Kelly cancer free ceremony,, and the Paegula ceremony, before the game. Thats why I am hoping for the same

any ideas? I do not know much about the program..is it folks 21 and older register and get free soads?

Wasn't aware of the Kelly one...the Pegulas made sense.  Ok, you've convinced me to change my answer to "maybe."

• Haha (+1) 1