Fan Advisory Board--Suggestions?

OKay, folks...yours truly is going to participate in the Fan Advisory Board for the next two years. The first meeting for this group is coming up July 17th. Any suggestions you have for game days would be greatly appreciated. I harp on a few, but my main issues will be:

1) play Red-Zone on one of the boards during TV timeouts. PLay the network halftime show as well.

2) Perform any ceremonies, especially the Thurmal ceremony this year..pre game.  Not fair to either honoree or fans to do it at halftime.

3) Not a Bills rule, but I would like to see the NFL stop blocking streams of games within 1 mile of the stadium. Minor issue, but sometimes I want to watch a different 4 PM game than what is on the local channel in the post-game tailgate. And one year we had trouble getting the early London game as well.

4) cleaner bus lot..

Any suggestions welcome. They want us to submit some ideas for the first meeting, thank you in advance for any suggestions.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

OKay, folks...yours truly is going to participate in the Fan Advisory Board for the next two years. The first meeting for this group is coming up July 17th. Any suggestions you have for game days would be greatly appreciated. I harp on a few, but my main issues will be:

1) play Red-Zone on one of the boards during TV timeouts. PLay the network halftime show as well.

2) Perform any ceremonies, especially the Thurmal ceremony this year..pre game.  Not fair to either honoree or fans to do it at halftime.

3) Not a Bills rule, but I would like to see the NFL stop blocking streams of games within 1 mile of the stadium. Minor issue, but sometimes I want to watch a different 4 PM game than what is on the local channel in the post-game tailgate. And one year we had trouble getting the early London game as well.

4) cleaner bus lot..

Any suggestions welcome. They want us to submit some ideas for the first meeting, thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Put a plaque on your personal crapper in the upper deck!  This works on so many levels. 

I like all your suggestions, especially #1. Is there anything that precludes that? When you get to games live you remember all those long breaks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

4) cleaner bus lot..

#2 is a biggie. I miss that TV does has long since done away with pregame ceremony coverage in any aspect.

I would like these to be as focused as possible on the player or players of the Day.

So pregame is really the best window with the most focused fans and best intention. half time ya gotta pee !

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

#2 is a biggie. I miss that TV does has long since done away with pregame ceremony coverage in any aspect.

I would like these to be as focused as possible on the player or players of the Day.

So pregame is really the best window with the most focused fans and best intention. half time ya gotta pee !

When and where?  How would this not this disrupt warmups?

53 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I fully agree on #2 (Plenz’s traditional #2?  That’s a different #2.....no comment beyond suggesting the plaque). I think the problem with pre-game may be folks strolling in late. At the same time, if you’re peeing or getting a refill, your still not there. If it’s significant like Thurman, I’d make a point of being present. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Put a plaque on your personal crapper in the upper deck!  This works on so many levels. 

I like all your suggestions, especially #1. Is there anything that precludes that? When you get to games live you remember all those long breaks. 

I am sure the NFL has an issue with another game taking away from the game in front of you..but with gambling becoming legalI am hoping they realize people at games should not have a lesser experience than the people in front of a TV

1 hour ago, Ifartalot said:

My advice to the fan advisory board......disband it.

Why? You can thank the board for cans, beer to the 3rd period, better wifi...all great stuff. i am sure @JÂy RÛßeÒcan talk about it much better than I.

27 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

When and where?  How would this not this disrupt warmups?

opener 2014..Pegulas win the bid, not yet approved ..Kelly gives pregame speech..no disruption to warm up. Pats game after Peguals take over, pregame ceremony..no disruption to warmup. It is easy for them to do.

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

I fully agree on #2 (Plenz’s traditional #2?  That’s a different #2.....no comment beyond suggesting the plaque). I think the problem with pre-game may be folks strolling in late. At the same time, if you’re peeing or getting a refill, your still not there. If it’s significant like Thurman, I’d make a point of being present. 

only people who come in late are the idiots who need to shotgun another beer..no loss there. As mentioned above..place was 90% filled for Jimbo at 12:45..will be for Thurmal as well.Good reason to get people in on a Monday night too...

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am sure the NFL has an issue with another game taking away from the game in front of you..but with gambling becoming legalI am hoping they realize people at games should not have a lesser experience than the people in front of a TV

It’s not between plays, make halftime less boring. 

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Why? You can thank the board for cans, beer to the 3rd period, better wifi...all great stuff. i am sure @JÂy RÛßeÒcan talk about it much better than I.

opener 2014..Pegulas win the bid, not yet approved ..Kelly gives pregame speech..no disruption to warm up. Pats game after Peguals take over, pregame ceremony..no disruption to warmup. It is easy for them to do.

only people who come in late are the idiots who need to shotgun another beer..no loss there. As mentioned above..place was 90% filled for Jimbo at 12:45..will be for Thurmal as well.Good reason to get people in on a Monday night too...

That is quite the cantankerous burr you have in your saddle. 

No hostler can help you with that.  

Turn the volume down abut 700 decibels on the stadium sound system. 

Fewer attempts to entertain me via the jumbotron (or whatever we call them now), the constant contests, screaming morons in commercials, trivia is taxing. Seriously. I like to chat with people in my section about the game during timeouts, can't because it's so goddamn loud and constant. 

Fines the hell out of people in the lots who are pigs. Party your a$$es off but have some goddamn pride and pick up after yourself. The bus lot is a team and fan embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 2

Not profound but: In the lower bowl the seats are held together with bolts that are too long. They stick out at knee level and I jab my knee with this if I am not careful. Whoever did that job used bolts that were plainly too long.

Also some kind of resolution between standers and sitters. I am sitting in a $350 seat down in front and a couple kids drink and 20 want to stand the whole game. Refuse any requests to please sit down. Im not 20 ?

Im my day we had batteries we could throw to settle the matter but nowadays they take away all the good projectiles at the gates.

This two jerks got kicked out at halftime but everyone behind them had to put up with that for the whole first half.

They should just nail it down if you can or can't stand all game and where. That way I would know to buy a seat or not and where is all Im saying.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Congrats PLenz!  Good to see TBD is still repped in the FAB!  I really miss it...

please do post-meeting reports.  I was always sure to clarify what could or could not be shared as topics were covered in meetings.

• Like (+1) 1