"So You're Telling Me There's (Not) a Chance Bills Aren't Awful"- Rotoworld's Fantasy and Season Preview

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think we are really arguing about anything.  Tyrod wasn’t a good passing qb. AJ McCarron was sitting as a free agent for a while.  He’s only played for one of the greatest college teams ever and a few games for a loaded Cincy team (they only lost one game when Dalton got hurt that year and had a top 5 receiving core). Allen facing a huge learning curve.  And our wrs might be he worse in the nfl.  Not really a stretch to think this team might struggle offensively.

So nothing new then?

They cant be much worse on Offense if the OL is going to hold up even to last years below average standard like some people here seem pretty bullish on...

Defense might even better...

Not sniffing a two win team like some of the media doom and gloom merchants are saying..

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think we are really arguing about anything.  Tyrod wasn’t a good passing qb. AJ McCarron was sitting as a free agent for a while.  He’s only played for one of the greatest college teams ever and a few games for a loaded Cincy team (they only lost one game when Dalton got hurt that year and had a top 5 receiving core). Allen facing a huge learning curve.  And our wrs might be he worse in the nfl.  Not really a stretch to think this team might struggle offensively.

Actually the Jets & Jaguars are worse then Bills at the WR position..according to the 

The Sportster .com

Edited by Putin

11 hours ago, transient said:

Wow.  It takes serious work to be that negative.  Kudos on the effort, if nothing else.

I think it may be Chris Ivory he's mad at, "McCoy’s backups are uninspiring to be kind in inefficient 30-year-old washed-up grinder Chris Ivory...", though I think in a roundabout way he also just called Travaris a space cadet, "and journeyman space back Travaris Cadet."

Nice catch

On 6/11/2018 at 8:48 AM, baskingridgebillsfan said:

i am not going the narrative that the bills will be one of the worst teams in the league.   The defense should be better than last year.  As weak as the wide receivers looks they will could have a healthy Benjamin for the season.  The qb play will be better.  Sure it maybe a transition year but to say the team won't be in the 6-10 range is kind of lazy 

NJ just legalized betting and i'm taking the over on the 6.5 win total. Biggest issue is the oline but I like Daboll and all three quarterbacks.

It still amuses me people think Allen not being a 1st or 2nd team All-Mountain West player doesn't matter.

Or that his accuracy and ability to read a defense has stayed the same at every level of his career. 

He's never been a dominant player, yet the Bills are going to mold him into one at the top level? The Bills....really? With our history at developing QB's, and we're to expect them to pull off a miracle here? 

No matter how hard I try to drink the Koolaid, no matter how many times I scour the internet for the positive articles & clips of Josh Allen, I still can't actually see this panning out.

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It still amuses me people think Allen not being a 1st or 2nd team All-Mountain West player doesn't matter.

Or that his accuracy and ability to read a defense has stayed the same at every level of his career. 

He's never been a dominant player, yet the Bills are going to mold him into one at the top level? The Bills....really? With our history at developing QB's, and we're to expect them to pull off a miracle here? 

No matter how hard I try to drink the Koolaid, no matter how many times I scour the internet for the positive articles & clips of Josh Allen, I still can't actually see this panning out.

Well, that's too bad for you then.    To look at each point:

1.  Football is a team game

2.  Each level of his career?  HE played HS and college football.  Hardly a career.

3.  Bills history of developing QB's:  Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it the current roster of coaches that were here when, say, Dan Darraugh or James Harris or Todd Collins or JP Losman or EJ were here?  Or have they changed over the last 40 years or so?

We will see how it shakes out.   It constantly amuses me how many folks here are Nostradamus.  I would think with such prescience such individuals would have made such a killing in the market that they would be lying on their own private island and not bother with Internet chat rooms.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

It's going to be very difficult for any of the teams QB's to play well behind a makeshift O line that drastically regressed this offseason. I think the coaches are keeping Allen at third string in order to protect him to a degree.

What they don't comprehend is that EJ and Peterman might not last long as starters and then Allen will be thrown to the wolves as the Bills have a very difficult schedule ahead of them this year. They also don't get that while Shady McCoy is still an excellent RB that he can't block for himself or open his own holes. A QB with less than two seconds to throw and a RB who gets tackled in the backfield doesn't make for a good offense. 

No matter how good that defense is going to be this year they won't last if they are on the field all game long.

What's rather sad in my view is that it would have been an uphill battle for Allen even with Wood and Incognito in there due to that right side being so bad and now it looks like a complete clusterfluck across the line. 

Another sad thing is this team might be so bad that the coaches/FO all might get fired if they pull off a Cleveland Browns type season.

OTOH, had the Bills upgraded the line with some quality players LG, OC, RT that would have allowed Allen to develop properly I think the team would soon see a really good NFL starting QB.