Has Chris Ivory been at OTA's?

gjv001

5 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

One of the worst signings of the offseason.

I don't care how good he ends up being this season but no matter what I'm extremely happy for just the same fact that he is not Tolbert. Tolbert has a place on a team as a goalline and a vet leader but not the way we used him

14 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Tolbert was the tank plan. Ivory is at least legit. I'd really like to see some serious youth competition.

I don’t know how serious the Bills are about these two but I like them both: Marcus Murphy out of Missouri who played a bit at end of last year, and Keith Ford, rookie they signed as udfa out of A&M.

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

Tolbert was the tank plan. Ivory is at least legit. I'd really like to see some serious youth competition.

This is where I’m at. Running back is the one position where I couldn’t care less about veteran leadership. I’d rather roll the dice on a young guy as backup for that position. Very few veteran backs have enough left in the tank to be major contributors, while younger backups can turn into solid starters. My only exception to this rule is the presence of great veteran starting backs still at the top of their game (ex. Shady). 

Tolbert last year was facepalm level horrible. This Ivory signing feels the same way imo. Not only is his production meh, but the contract isnt exactly cheap either. Surely we could've rolled with a rookie rb in the draft to fill that spot or a cheaper option in free agency. We now have 2 of the top 5 oldest running backs in the NFL, while also eating up a larger percentage of our cap than other teams. 

I really hope i'm wrong on Ivory & he has a productive year for our Bills, because we really need him to. LeSean needs him to.

But i just don't get what screamed out loud about Ivorys play for our staff to say hey, theres are guy, lets give him $5 million, he makes us a better team... There really wasnt a better option than Chris freakin Ivory? lol

This staff has made a lot of good pickups on defense, but on offense i think their track record hasn't been as solid. Fingers crossed it all comes together

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

One of the worst signings of the offseason.

That's one of the worst posts all off season.

Not only do fans want all-pros at every position, they want all-pros at backup positions as well, apparently.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The same guys that tell us Trust the Process signed and kept playing Tolbert.

Ivory was done two years ago.

3.4 YPA last year. Any street FA UDFA can get you 3.4 YPA.  

Terrible signing.  He won't make the team if it is an honest competition.  My hunch is Shady will not dress for any pre-season game.  Ivory will look terrible in the first two games and will be let go.

The OP simply asked if Ivory was at OTAs and we get two pages of commentary on how it was a bad signing and how the stench of Mike Tolbert lingers like that of a dead skunk on the I-90. Reading comprehension is a lost art.

So to the OP I say, "I have no idea and that the responses to your query haven't shed any light on the situation, whatsoever."

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Could have found a running back late in the draft with fresh legs that would have accomplished same. 

The bills lobe stockpiling backs on the brink of 30 for whatever reason.

need a little attention this morning?  consider me the sugar in your coffee.

• Like (+1) 1