How do you feel about the Buffalo Bills right now?

23 minutes ago, TPS said:

They make me want to shout...yeah, yeah.........

They have long made me want to shout but I'm not proud of what I usually shout. Back to how I feel. Well no playoffs but hopefully a better future with an organization that knows what the heck they are doing.

Edited by Radar
  • Haha (+1) 1

I pretty much go into every season feeling cautiously optimistic about the Bills. If I didn't have a least a little hope, then there'd be no point in watching the games. On the other hand, history has a way of tempering my optimism.

I have more confidence in this coaching staff and front office than I've had in the leadership of the past two decades, so although this season may be a building year, I do believe that the future is looking brighter for the Bills, assuming Allen (or someone else in a Bills uniform) turns into a franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Trust The Process- Beane and McDermott have us going in the right direction. I think now it is up to the players/ team to keep moving forward. A lot depends on how fast A J and Josh get on board with the scheme and Trust The Process. Plus how the rest of the team mesh with them. Lets Go Buffalo :worthy: 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

you need to get beyond the whole "reflected glory" mental ailment.  look it up.

if your self worth is defined by the performance of a sports team then you have larger issues to tackle, my friend. 

Did I ever say self worth? You are a joke dude

Im the son of a coach and i grew up on a football field. It’s part of my life. I’m still employed in football 

i never once said I cry like a baby when they lose or I think I’m a Bills player when they win.

Football is a huge part of my life like being a tool is for you

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think this is how we make the playoffs and move forward:

I have been watching the Bills since I was in my early teens  late 70's and early 80's. I have seen all the ups and downs over the years. I think we are better than we have been in a long time. I think our new scheme of Trust The Process has change our culture in the right direction, Don't You?

Trust The Process- Beane and McDermott have us going in the right direction. I think now it is up to the players/ team to keep moving forward. A lot depends on how fast A J and Josh get on board with the scheme and Trust The Process. Plus how the rest of the team mesh with them. Lets Go Buffalo :worthy: 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rrosgt said:

I think this is how we make the playoffs and move forward:

I have been watching the Bills since I was in my early teens  late 70's and early 80's. I have seen all the ups and downs over the years. I think we are better than we have been in a long time. I think our new scheme of Trust The Process has change our culture in the right direction, Don't You?

For me it's all about Allen panning out.  If he is the guy this team will be extremely successful for the next 15 or so years.  If he is not Beane And McDermott may be looking for new jobs.

Full disclosure I fully trust the process.

Edited by Zebrastripes

8 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

For me it's all about Allen panning out.  If he is the guy this team will be extremely successful for the next 15 or so years.  If he is not Beane And McDermott may be looking for new jobs.

Good post!

2 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Part of the process is deciding who gets the big money after their rookie four or five year contracts run out. I feel that the process for making that decision can make or break a team. Some guys get the money then start to loaf. Other guys continue to play at a high level. A QB on a decent team seems like the kind of guy who would continue to play at a high level. But man, the QB money in five years is going to be insane unless something happens to reset the trend. But the team won’t have a choice. Pay up or your franchise QB walks. 

I feel like we have finally found the right GM/Coach combo for long term continuity which will bring success and that our future is very bright. Doubly so because Brady and Belichick are writing their final chapters before the book ends...

This season is a crap shoot and we might take a step back but in the grand scheme of things its only a minor setback on a long rise out of mediocrity.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

I think the defense is going to be stubborn. LB depth is weak. DE is solid but needs to show more this year.

Offense is a big ????, Oline will be tough but we don’t know. WR depth is an issue. But it may not be critical due to power run game being the focus.

i think this team will be better than last. 10-6 AJ has a great season. Sweep Jets and Dolphins, Spilt New England.

Big question is how healthy this team stays cause depth is an issue.

I am not too optimistic about the 2018 season, the offense is one huge issue and the pass rush on the defensive side of the football isn't inspiring. I think the 2018 season will be a so so one, 6-8 wins is what my expectations are. 

But the outlook for 2019 and beyond is great. The windfall of cap space in 2019 and the long-term prospects of Allen and the young talent on the roster makes me optimistic that once the cap sins of the past few years get cleared up that the team will have young talent and the ability to supplement the talent. 

So 2018 to me is a freebie year, McD was always a 3 year plan we just were way better in 2017 than everyone thought. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did I ever say self worth? You are a joke dude

Im the son of a coach and i grew up on a football field. It’s part of my life. I’m still employed in football 

i never once said I cry like a baby when they lose or I think I’m a Bills player when they win.

Football is a huge part of my life like being a tool is for you

...AND...one of the best, most knowledgeable and most helpful here if I have a question....END OF STORY........

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel like the 2 most important aspects of an NFL team are:

1. Who's the QB?

2. Who's the HC?

In that order of importance.

Right now the Bills have a giant ? at QB.  

And I might be lower on McDermott than most.....but his Sunday game management and aggressiveness leaves a ton to be desired.  He appears to be a very organized and prepared coach Mon. - Sat., but his super meek and conservative Sunday decisions leave a ton of pts. On the field

Just now, Estro said:

I feel like the 2 most important aspects of an NFL team are:

1. Who's the QB?

2. Who's the HC?

In that order of importance.

Right now the Bills have a giant ? at QB.  

And I might be lower on McDermott than most.....but his Sunday game management and aggressiveness leaves a ton to be desired.  He appears to be a very organized and prepared coach Mon. - Sat., but his super meek and conservative Sunday decisions leave a ton of pts. On the field

...so what exactly would be your expectations of a 1st year HC?......did he make mistakes?...of course as expected......were his mistakes similar to those HC's who have been employed in their positions for at least 5+ years?....damn right......even longer tenured guys made similar mistakes.......please do NOT tell me otherwise legitimately......

• Like (+1) 2

Optimistic.  

Love the Ownership/Leadership/Coaching

I think we have a lot of potential talent-wise.  I feel more excited about Daboll/Allen/McCarron then I ever did Dennison/Taylor.   I believe our Defense could be a Top 5 unit that will keep

us in every game. 

Hoping for Playoffs again (or being in the race all year at least) then building into contenders with the developing of our young talent, keeping all our picks in 19 while doing so, and the ability to be big (hopefully smart) spenders next offseason.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1