WR: Possible Demariyus Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders release / trade?

19 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Oh and I forgot to mention he's getting his thousand yard seasons sharing touches with Emmanuel Sanders, which.. maybe that benefits his yardage totals with less double coverage, or hurts it if he's not the only primary. I find in fantasy football, if the #1 WR option is by miles the only option.. bad quarterbacks, especially younger ones target the heck out of them.

I have KB on my shortlist for fantasy football absolutely for this reason. If Josh Allen starts he's going to be throwing jump balls to KB every pass. It's just what rooks do, especially a quarterback that fits Allen's profile. Doesn't always mean it's a good passing offense.. Allen could be 3,000 yards passing 10 TDs 15 INTs, and KB will be like 1,200 yards, 7 TDs lol. Hedging my bets; if our passing offense devolves, I have a great fantasy receiver.. If we spread the ball around with good QB play, the Bills win! And maybe KB and DT get me them ff points. That signing would turn our receiving corps from bad to amazing overnight!

Would be the best WR pair I'd have seen on the Bills compared to what.. TO and Lee Evans? Moulds and Price? Watkins and Woods?

maaaybe Moulds and Price.

^ see my hot take

My gut feeling says we are not doing any of this and are going to roll with KB (who they probably have a hand shake agreement with to give another contract if he stays in shape, injury free, and reproduces.....

IN TRUTH I know we hate our lack of name talent but if just 2 of these youngsters give decent production we are going to not be horrible.....they are going to work the crap at of KB.....Kerley is a under rated slot guy.....they need two more guys to give production.

I am not going to touch the Zay Jones thing until he shows he has gotten over his dropsies.

56 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep.  Here is a excerpt from the Denver Post about Thomas.

Thomas is one of only four NFL players to post five consecutive seasons (2012-16) with at least 90 catches and 1,000 receiving yards, and although he fell seven catches and 51 yards shy of making it six seasons last year, he continued to scale the Broncos’ record books. He moved into third place in career receptions (629), and second in both receiving yards (8,653) and receiving touchdowns (57). He already sits at No. 1 in Broncos history with 35 career 100-yard receiving games and is the fastest Broncos player to log 600 catches (112 games).

Since he and Sanders joined forces in 2014, the Broncos have boasted a receiving duo that has topped 100 yards each in seven games (league most) and 1,000 yards each in three seasons.

The list of accolades and records will only continue to grow longer. While the Broncos have already begun to make significant changes to their offense for 2018, their top receiver isn’t one.

Thomas isn’t going anywhere.

Haha I know it. He's my best kept fantasy football secret. Don't go spreading it around now. Just me to you. Draft him low in the snake or spend 5% of your auction budget.. you're welcome btw

Maybe he doesn't fly under the radar in Colorado though haha. People in Texas barely are aware of him.

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My gut feeling says we are not doing any of this and are going to roll with KB (who they probably have a hand shake agreement with to give another contract if he stays in shape, injury free, and reproduces.....

IN TRUTH I know we hate our lack of name talent but if just 2 of these youngsters give decent production we are going to not be horrible.....they are going to work the crap at of KB.....Kerley is a under rated slot guy.....they need two more guys to give production.

I am not going to touch the Zay Jones thing until he shows he has gotten over his dropsies.

I agree, just salivating at a thread saying DT is an option haha

53 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

That's my take. If it all blows up in later TC then they'll do something.

Like Dez Bryant? Yuck

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Depending on price tag i would take a flyer on him.....we need to get through this season so we can draft better receiving talent.

I'd take way more than a flyer, I'd give a 2nd in a hot minute.

Our offense would be drastically better. QBs need all the help they can get. With KB and DT healthy we'd have a better passing offense, better defense.. we'd go from a bubble playoff team to a 10-6.

I've given up on Zay sadly. I loved his game looking at him in college, but the best thing he had going for him was phenomenal hands, safety blanket, young Brandon Marshall type. If he can't catch than he's lost his only NFL calling card. Hope he works out the demons (he should have caught the ball Panthers game). Bad throw but a prime example of how a receiver making a difficult play is awesome to have in your arsenal.

7 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Like Dez Bryant? Yuck

I never said that! I don't want him either. I'm just saying that if the receivers we have signed now really fall flat during the preseason my guess is that they'll try to reach out for somebody else. But they're going to go with what they have first.

12 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I never said that! I don't want him either. I'm just saying that if the receivers we have signed now really fall flat during the preseason my guess is that they'll try to reach out for somebody else. But they're going to go with what they have first.

If it doesn't pan out. Not like I'm rooting for that. I want a trade, not a FA signing.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

reproduces. folks don't think i read for detail. untrue

i just don't write with much definition

10 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Same here they have a legit number 1 in Benjamin, a solid slot receiver in Kerley and a solid weapon at tight end. They just need Zay, Reilly or Dupree to step up 

Benjamin in my mind is an injury prone high end number 2. Kerley is decent but not that great, Clay is good when healthy but hurt a lot and ineffective when he is banged up and Zay, Holmes and the rest are really unproven players. There really isn't that much to be optimistic about. 

2nd for DT, 4th for Sanders, uh... 3rd for JuJu? 6th or 7th flyers on Nate Burleson or Ted Ginn. Idk, good question I'm thinking about players that would actually be up for trade. I covet the hell out of Enunwa or Roby Anderson, but Jets ain't doing it. 

Idk are you making the point that it's not realistic or are you thinking of options too? Who would you grab?

10 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Who would you trade and who would you trade for?

^

38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I think you’ve been hitting the ‘pipe dream’ a little too much.

I’m thinking to myself........:.

How in the world is Dez Bryant a pipe dream?

Utterly confusing statement.

On 6/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Have been thinking about the Bills' WR situation. AMong free agents, Dez Bryant is a pipe dream and Maclin and Decker are washed up. So, I was looking at release trade candidates. Denver is in serious cap trouble  and needs to shed some salary. With two of the top three salary cap hits (Keenum is the third player in the group), Thomas and Sanders are the two candidates most likely to be released. / traded. Denver also drafted Courtland Sutton and Desean Hamilton in rounds 2 and 4 - so these two are serious candidates to be let go.

The Pegulas agreed with Beane that the first two years would be spent cleaning up the horrible salary cap situation. Beane promised to take care of that.

Bringing in a high-ticket guy this year is very very unlikely. They've had to strip the roster to get the cap under control. They are probably not going to then start to undo that progress.

Next year they'll have a ton of space, though. 

On 6/11/2018 at 7:22 AM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Where are you getting your numbers?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

This is what I see (it reflects Eric Wood's injury / retirement (so it should be the latest). It shows Bills have about 16 mill. I dont know if Josh Allen is included in the calculations. If he is not, we have 16 million. If he is not in the top 51, we should still have 16 mill - 3.9 mill +0.6 mill, which is about 12.7 mill. Even keeping aside 4 mill for injuries etc., we can sign an 8-9 mill player. And we do not really have top worry about the next year.

What am I missing?

For one thing, they generally keep more than $4 mill available for injuries. Both the Bills and Panthers when Beane and McDermott were there tend to keep at least $7 to $8 mill.

Second, Allen hasn't signed yet, and they project him to be around $3.8 mill against the cap this year. So that will come off when he signs. 

Looks like you're right that Wood's dead money is already accounted for in these numbers. But that leaves somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 to $5 mill available, and they're likely to want to fill in with some cheaper pickups in camp or when other teams cut guys to get down to the 53. 

And that's not counting what ColoradoBills pointed out above about the roughly $2 mill for the practice squad and the move from 51 to 53.

Edited by Thurman#1

11 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

2nd for DT, 4th for Sanders, uh... 3rd for JuJu? 6th or 7th flyers on Nate Burleson or Ted Ginn. Idk, good question I'm thinking about players that would actually be up for trade. I covet the hell out of Enunwa or Roby Anderson, but Jets ain't doing it. 

Idk are you making the point that it's not realistic or are you thinking of options too? Who would you grab?

^

No, it's realistic if they find that what we have isn't going to cut it. Love to see DT in Bills blue and I agree on Sanders. I'm not sure McBeane coughs up a second rounder but they have been agressive if they really like someone.

25 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

No, it's realistic if they find that what we have isn't going to cut it. Love to see DT in Bills blue and I agree on Sanders. I'm not sure McBeane coughs up a second rounder but they have been agressive if they really like someone.

yeah I'd cough up the second. Would be a move to take us over the top to be a legit team. Don't think McBeane does it either.

The problem here is that the Bills don’t just need to add talent to their WR corps, they need to add YOUNG talent to their WR corps. Thomas is 30 and Sanders is 31. No thanks unless the 30+ yr old WR is a FA (or unexpectedly cheap from a draft pick standpoint). 

Edited by BarleyNY

On 6/9/2018 at 8:33 PM, Stenbar said:

The Bills Wr position has been a debacle for years, I do not know how an NFL team can let it be this bad for so long.  They should have locked up Robert Woods the year before he became a free agent and that would have helped out.  Kelvin Benjamin is one cut on the field from being done for the year and he really has not shown he can be counted on due to his injuries.  I think the front office knows this but are waiting to get all the other pieces in line first.

Is it a coincidence that we've have one of the worst passing QB's in the league for many years? Even if we had a good WR how would we know? And what WR would choose to come or even resign with Buffalo?

Until we have a good passing QB, our WR's won't look good, and a good WR will not choose to sign with us.

Another good WR would be a help if they are as good as either of those 2, but I don't know what speed they have and if we are going to go to that length to acquire someone to line up opposite KB it should be a guy like Sammy that can take the top off a defense and open up some room underneath for other receivers and the ground game. In fact, I think the loss of Sammy was one reason why our ground game struggled. This is not to say that unloading Sammy was the wrong move, but that's the kind of receiver we should be looking for.