Who wants to be the new Bills Beat Reporter?

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

How much do you think this job pays?

Good question. If you recall, when they first advertised the job, when they hired Fairburn, it was a per-story rate, like a freelancer. In other words a full time job for part time pay with no benefits. Oh, and you cover all your own expenses.

Great job for a kid out of journalism school. Not so much for anyone trying to make a living.

I'd be tempted if I were retired

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, Fadingpain said:

I would hope they are looking for more from a candidate than "I have a pulse and like to watch football."

Agreed. But I'd like to think "liking to watch football" should be part of the requirement for a Bills  beat reporter. Too many  seem like they really don't like the sport they're covering.

Lori would be a perfect choice, except she is way overqualified, for this particular gig.

Just now, The Dean said:

Agreed. But I'd like to think "liking to watch football" should be part of the requirement for a Bills  beat reporter. Too many  seem like they really don't like the sport they're covering.

Granted he was a columnist, but I always thought any Sullivan column on the Bills should be prefaced with the phrase 'I'd rather be golfing...trying for under 100'.