There will be a lot of crow handed out to media...

3 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

The same people who wear fedoras.

I picked up a hat (not a fedora) in Niagara last summer.  Getting pretty thin up top and it looks cool ?.  

6 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, who wears a watch nowadays?

Me. I have four in my rotation. Better than pulling the phone out all the time.  Unless your already doing that.  

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I picked up a hat (not a fedora) in Niagara last summer.  Getting pretty thin up top and it looks cool ?.  

Me. I have four in my rotation. Better than pulling the phone out all the time.  Unless your already doing that.  

I loved hats even when I was a little boy. Today, I favor an Irish tweed cap for autumn and winter.

I was really just making a joke regarding watches. My grandfather gave me a nice Bulova years ago, but my luck with watches is poor.  They break or the wristband snaps. I think I'm not supposed to have a watch; the gods have spoken.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

The media folks saying that the Bills are in for a "bad" year are just as credible right now as the people on this board that say things like the Bills will have a "fringe top 10 defense". We have no idea what will happen. Not you, not the media...no one!

You can't call out the media for their irresponsible use of the word "will", while doing it yourself. 

I think the Bills will be much better than this early press, but I agree with you. Who knows?   Maybe McD was just lucky last year.  Maybe Daboll will bust.  

You aren't good until you prove you are, and the Bills haven't proved anything yet. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Man, you can set your watch to these annual posts.

But, the media always posts the Bills in the bottom 5 with predictions. The Bills' fans know they probably going to be medicore. 7-9 predictions are reasonable.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Me:      Alexa, when will Bills fans start to think that the Bills will be awesome this season?

Alexa:  Right about now.

His prediction was 8-8. 

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....when someone from the urinalistic media has the crystal bawls to come back with mea culpas, ADMITTING that they effed up with their Bills prediction, I may consider respect....until then, broadcast from the urinal.....yellow submarine .............

Mea culpa for what? Prior to last year, how many times was the media right about the Bills being bad?

Yet, just like now, there were Bills fans getting their panties in knot because some person in the media predicted the Bills were going to do poorly.

How many of those fans came back with their mea culpas?

ZERO.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

These 2 win predictions and worst in league are going to look pretty dumb at the end of the year I figure.  Too bad there is no accountability in the media.  

This defense will be much better than any of the media gives it credit for...fringe top 10 in a lot of categories and McDermott and the staff will have them ready to play just like last year.  

On offense I think having a real OC and a QB that's not afraid to make mistakes will help open things up for shady.  Everyone assumes the defense will key in to stop the run, which worked when Taylor was QB but AJ or Josh will actually throw the ball over the top if they stack the box.  Yes our weapons are questionable at WR...but clay and oleary are quality pass catchers...cadet and shady are very good out of backfield, Kerley, Jones and Benjamin are not terrible especially in a Daboll offense. 

We won't light world on fire but 8 wins is doable. 

I know alot of fans get angry when writers talk bad about our team but even McDermott himself said they over achieved last season, I think were better than a 2 win season and our defense should actually be improved imo but the offense is still in flux, the OL took a small step back losing 2 of our vets, there is 0 depth behind Benjamin and Zay Jones, if either gets hurt we will be relying on more late round rookies and failed veterans. I'm optimistic but i don't think were a playoff team this season, next season or the season after if Josh Allen has a year or 2 under his belt.

14 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

These 2 win predictions and worst in league are going to look pretty dumb at the end of the year I figure.  Too bad there is no accountability in the media.  

This defense will be much better than any of the media gives it credit for...fringe top 10 in a lot of categories and McDermott and the staff will have them ready to play just like last year.  

On offense I think having a real OC and a QB that's not afraid to make mistakes will help open things up for shady.  Everyone assumes the defense will key in to stop the run, which worked when Taylor was QB but AJ or Josh will actually throw the ball over the top if they stack the box.  Yes our weapons are questionable at WR...but clay and oleary are quality pass catchers...cadet and shady are very good out of backfield, Kerley, Jones and Benjamin are not terrible especially in a Daboll offense. 

How can they be required to eat crow...I thought they all took a buy-out and left BN?  ?

Most had the Jets as the worst team in the league going into last season.  They were mediocre, but better than expected.

I feel like this season is very similar to last season.  I have no clue what to expect.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

As the jags showed this past year....if you can play great defense and run the ball......you can get to the playoffs.

Their qb was horrible most of the year......and they still made it deep.

Our qb situation is better then theirs

Actually,  Blake Bortles played pretty well most of the year, so your statement is dead wrong.  Moreover, why do you think that the Bills will be able to run the ball?  They weren't nearly as good running the ball last season as they were the season before, and they've lost their 3 top OLers.   They've added only 1 veteran lineman, and the prospects of finding decent OLers off the waiver wire are between slim and none.   There's also no guarantee that the QBing will be an improvement over last year, either.

FTR, the Bills didn't have a "great" defense last season.

5 hours ago, SoTier said:

Actually,  Blake Bortles played pretty well most of the year, so your statement is dead wrong.  Moreover, why do you think that the Bills will be able to run the ball?  They weren't nearly as good running the ball last season as they were the season before, and they've lost their 3 top OLers.   They've added only 1 veteran lineman, and the prospects of finding decent OLers off the waiver wire are between slim and none.   There's also no guarantee that the QBing will be an improvement over last year, either.

FTR, the Bills didn't have a "great" defense last season.

Look at points surrendered.  There was a horrific three-game stretch, the other thirteen they did wonderfully.  They held the Jags to ten points in their own stadium.  They kept the Bills in both NE games for a full three quarters when the offense did absolutely zilch.  Nine points surrendered in a loss to Carolina, another playoff team.  You still want to claim it wasn't a great defense?

Shifting gears to the run game.  Yes, the running game had hiccups.  That's to be expected when your QB refuses to throw deep allowing the defense to stack everyone in the box like a poker player pushing his chips all-in.  Regardless which QB plays this year, they should at least stretch the field, forcing opposing defenses to play more honestly, giving our running backs something other then a brick wall to run into every down.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Look at points surrendered.  There was a horrific three-game stretch, the other thirteen they did wonderfully.  They held the Jags to ten points in their own stadium.  They kept the Bills in both NE games for a full three quarters when the offense did absolutely zilch.  Nine points surrendered in a loss to Carolina, another playoff team.  You still want to claim it wasn't a great defense?

Shifting gears to the run game.  Yes, the running game had hiccups.  That's to be expected when your QB refuses to throw deep allowing the defense to stack everyone in the box like a poker player pushing his chips all-in.  Regardless which QB plays this year, they should at least stretch the field, forcing opposing defenses to play more honestly, giving our running backs something other then a brick wall to run into every down.

...AND at the end of the day, take the square root of your kid's birthday, multiply by your weight, divide by your license plate number, times the length of your dog's tail  and somehow the result was....PLAYOFFS.....go figure......well beyond my pay grade............

On 6/9/2018 at 11:18 AM, Bangarang said:

Someone I don’t know said something I don’t agree with and it bothers me.

Thus bash the media. What a climate we live in today. Predictions fellas, predictions....

47 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...AND at the end of the day, take the square root of your kid's birthday, multiply by your weight, divide by your license plate number, times the length of your dog's tail  and somehow the result was....PLAYOFFS.....go figure......well beyond my pay grade............

...heaven forbid I use something confusing like common football terms to explain.  Lemmie try again...

Our QB will throw the brown thing deep this season.  That means the people in football uniforms that don't match Buffalo will have to play further back.  That means less of them at the line of scrim...sorry...that line the ball stars on each play...and that means less people right on top of the runn...sorry...the Bills player that carries the ball.  This will make it easier to run.

Better?  I can draw a picture if it will help, but I hope this is good enough.  No square roots or dog's tails.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

...heaven forbid I use something confusing like common football terms to explain.  Lemmie try again...

Our QB will throw the brown thing deep this season.  That means the people in football uniforms that don't match Buffalo will have to play further back.  That means less of them at the line of scrim...sorry...that line the ball stars on each play...and that means less people right on top of the runn...sorry...the Bills player that carries the ball.  This will make it easier to run.

Better?  I can draw a picture if it will help, but I hope this is good enough.  No square roots or dog's tails.

...have your dog take you for a long walk to calm you down.......rarefied air on that high horse of yours is having an adverse cerebral affect...good Lord........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...have your dog take you for a long walk to calm you down.......rarefied air on that high horse of yours is having an adverse cerebral affect...good Lord........

You took a shot at me, as if using common football terms were akin to using quantum physics.  So I simplified it.  No high horse here.  Good lord, indeed.  *shrugs*

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/9/2018 at 11:39 PM, Hebert19 said:

By Golly, I think you're right. I suspect that these media guys who do their best to guess at the future will NOT be 100% correct. I think their guesses at future results will contain incorrect guesses.

They should be forced to crawl on their knees. And meanwhile the incorrect predictions made by people on these boards every single year ... well, that's OK, really.

Why do people get upset about this stuff? Of course they don't predict the future with absolute perfection. Nobody does.

Edited by Thurman#1