There will be a lot of crow handed out to media...

These 2 win predictions and worst in league are going to look pretty dumb at the end of the year I figure.  Too bad there is no accountability in the media.  

This defense will be much better than any of the media gives it credit for...fringe top 10 in a lot of categories and McDermott and the staff will have them ready to play just like last year.  

On offense I think having a real OC and a QB that's not afraid to make mistakes will help open things up for shady.  Everyone assumes the defense will key in to stop the run, which worked when Taylor was QB but AJ or Josh will actually throw the ball over the top if they stack the box.  Yes our weapons are questionable at WR...but clay and oleary are quality pass catchers...cadet and shady are very good out of backfield, Kerley, Jones and Benjamin are not terrible especially in a Daboll offense. 

We won't light world on fire but 8 wins is doable. 

The media folks saying that the Bills are in for a "bad" year are just as credible right now as the people on this board that say things like the Bills will have a "fringe top 10 defense". We have no idea what will happen. Not you, not the media...no one!

You can't call out the media for their irresponsible use of the word "will", while doing it yourself. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

The media folks saying that the Bills are in for a "bad" year are just as credible right now as the people on this board that say things like the Bills will have a "fringe top 10 defense". We have no idea what will happen. Not you, not the media...no one!

You can't call out the media for their irresponsible use of the word "will", while doing it yourself. 

Teams with defences as good as our rarely finish with less than 7 wins. We would have to have a lot of injuries to end up with 2 wins. Making a prediction like that shows a lack of understanding about the game of football.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billspro said:

Teams with defences as good as our rarely finish with less than 7 wins. We would have to have a lot of injuries to end up with 2 wins. Making a prediction like that shows a lack of understanding about the game of football.

That same guy who predicted two wins for the Bills also predicted four wins for last years Jags. He don’t know defense. He is trolling? He deleted his predictions they were so bad.

• Like (+1) 2

I disagree.  Look at last year.  Every sportswriter predicted the Bills to be one of the worst, if the worst, teams in the league.  Instead they made the playoffs.  Any crow-eating by them?  Nope. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

That same guy who predicted two wins for the Bills also predicted four wins for last years Jags. He don’t know defense. He is trolling? He deleted his predictions they were so bad.

The Jags had an up and coming defence last year. I remember playing them the season before and coming away very impressed with their D. The problem with these guys that make predictions is they probably only watch the prime time games.

Edited by billspro

2 minutes ago, billspro said:

The Jags had an up and coming defence last year. I remember playing them the season before and coming away very impressed with their D. The problem with these guys that make predictions is they probably only watch the prime time games.

Yes the Jags train was full speed heading into last season. Anyone that didn’t know that, wasn’t paying attention.

I just looked through Cowherd’s picks from last season he did pretty good. Had the Bills at 7 wins. Eagles winning their division. Nailed the NFC North, Had Titans in South. 

He missed on the Saints. 6-10. Overall pretty good. Also missed on the Rams. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that I’m going to start treating the board like school and take the summers off. Look at the 1st page and see if there are any interesting discussions? I realize that nothing goes on this time of year but come on!! 

Its actually good for your mental health. I’ve limited  the time I’ve spent on here so far and it feels good. Also, the topics and discussions are terribly boring and stupid.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bangarang said:

Its actually good for your mental health. I’ve limited  the time I’ve spent on here so far and it feels good. Also, the topics and discussions are terribly boring and stupid.

Thanks, I figured I’d get flamed for saying it but others must be thinking it. The quality since the draft is as bad as I ever remember it being. In the past, the summer would be discussions on position battles or roster spots. Those conversations were never great but they were WAY better than a bunch of threads of people whining about “_____ media guy’s” record prediction. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Thanks, I figured I’d get flamed for saying it but others must be thinking it. The quality since the draft is as bad as I ever remember it being. In the past, the summer would be discussions on position battles or roster spots. Those conversations were never great but they were WAY better than a bunch of threads of people whining about “_____ media guy’s” record prediction. 

Its tough when the media only has access to 1 OTA practice each week. Not much to report and even less to actually talk about. Things should pick up next week for mini camp.

Edited by Bangarang

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, vacation on the 22nd so no phone for that week! Going to try and take a break until the first preseason game. 

The team did us fans no favors by doing the right thing and making Allen take baby steps. 

42 minutes ago, billspro said:

I don't recall seeing any 2 win predictions. One guy has the Bills favored in 2 games, but that's not necessarily the same as predicting a 2-14 record. 

Even still, making a "prediction" like that shows a complete understanding of how to generate clicks.