There will be a lot of crow handed out to media...

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that I’m going to start treating the board like school and take the summers off. Look at the 1st page and see if there are any interesting discussions? I realize that nothing goes on this time of year but come on!! 

I opened this thread to find quick and easy crow recipes for dinner and seemed to have tripped into the 2-14 prediction thread... or did I?

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

Ahh, who wears a watch nowadays?

Rich people showing off their Rolex ;)

BTW I think the Bills are tanking for a QB ;) ................sorry had to say it........kind of like the crappy record predictions we get a few of these every year.

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Man, you can set your watch to these annual posts.

There is a cycle to it.  It runs year round.  

You can tell the time of year by where we are in the thematic cycle.

2 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

These 2 win predictions and worst in league are going to look pretty dumb at the end of the year I figure.  Too bad there is no accountability in the media.  

This defense will be much better than any of the media gives it credit for...fringe top 10 in a lot of categories and McDermott and the staff will have them ready to play just like last year.  

On offense I think having a real OC and a QB that's not afraid to make mistakes will help open things up for shady.  Everyone assumes the defense will key in to stop the run, which worked when Taylor was QB but AJ or Josh will actually throw the ball over the top if they stack the box.  Yes our weapons are questionable at WR...but clay and oleary are quality pass catchers...cadet and shady are very good out of backfield, Kerley, Jones and Benjamin are not terrible especially in a Daboll offense. 

We won't light world on fire but 8 wins is doable. 

Your triumphant rallying cry crescendoing in the bold statement "8 wins is doable" falls a bit flat.

Sorry.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Yeah, vacation on the 22nd so no phone for that week! Going to try and take a break until the first preseason game. 

The team did us fans no favors by doing the right thing and making Allen take baby steps. 

Good luck.

I'm sitting on a deck in Hawaii as I write this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that I’m going to start treating the board like school and take the summers off. Look at the 1st page and see if there are any interesting discussions? I realize that nothing goes on this time of year but come on!! 

...it's like watchin' a can of Sherwin Williams dry in my rocking chair on the porch......irrational exuberance..........

Considering many members of TBD are driven up the (stadium) wall by the predictions of just about anyone with access to the World Wide Web, may I suggest you each pick your 'worst enemy', and record their predictions.  That way if the jamoke scrubs his/her picks, you have proof of what was prognosticated well before training camps.  It probably wouldn't take too much coordination, and next year the seers' bosses might not be so quick to give them a voice.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

As the jags showed this past year....if you can play great defense and run the ball......you can get to the playoffs.

Their qb was horrible most of the year......and they still made it deep.

Our qb situation is better then theirs

Its better than last year and the Bills made the playoffs ;)

5 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Man, you can set your watch to these annual posts.

Me:      Alexa, when will Bills fans start to think that the Bills will be awesome this season?

Alexa:  Right about now.

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Its better than last year and the Bills made the playoffs ;)

....when someone from the urinalistic media has the crystal bawls to come back with mea culpas, ADMITTING that they effed up with their Bills prediction, I may consider respect....until then, broadcast from the urinal.....yellow submarine .............

5 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

These 2 win predictions and worst in league are going to look pretty dumb at the end of the year I figure.  Too bad there is no accountability in the media.  

This defense will be much better than any of the media gives it credit for...fringe top 10 in a lot of categories and McDermott and the staff will have them ready to play just like last year.  

On offense I think having a real OC and a QB that's not afraid to make mistakes will help open things up for shady.  Everyone assumes the defense will key in to stop the run, which worked when Taylor was QB but AJ or Josh will actually throw the ball over the top if they stack the box.  Yes our weapons are questionable at WR...but clay and oleary are quality pass catchers...cadet and shady are very good out of backfield, Kerley, Jones and Benjamin are not terrible especially in a Daboll offense. 

There's plenty of accountability in the media - just not the type we'd wish for.

Guys who drive revenues do well.  Guys who don't drive revenue don't.

It has next-to-nothing to do with accuracy at predictions or knowledge of the game.  

I'm not expecting the Bills to light the world on fire this season - too many gaps/questions on the offensive side - I also think prediction of 2 wins are pretty crazy.  Yet we read those articles, given the author clicks.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

We won 9 games last year.  8-10 wins this year is more than doable.  The 2018 schedule looks tougher, but no one knows for sure how that will work out.