Bills announce increase in cost for bus lot parking

So the fee for bus lot parking is going  up from $60 to $100 per bus and a permit will be required.  So with  around 40 to 45 people per bus the old fee would have cost around $1.50 per person, now it will jump way up to $2.50 a person.    And somehow charging each person on the bus $2.50 each, they somehow think that's going to reduce unruly behavior?? Was there an extra zero missing maybe on the report??  For $1000 a bus could see it having an impact.

Those bus trips often buy up the lower end zone seats which I think are some of the worst view seats to begin with so if it did decrease the bus trips,  they may have trouble selling some of those seats too.

One this new policy does seem to prove, The Bills must be missing Russ's marketing prowess.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So the fee for bus lot parking is going  up from $60 to $100 per bus and a permit will be required.  So with  around 40 to 45 people per bus the old fee would have cost around $1.50 per person, now it will jump way up to $2.50 a person.    And somehow charging each person on the bus $2.50 each, they somehow think that's going to reduce unruly behavior?? Was there an extra zero missing maybe on the report??  For $1000 a bus could see it having an impact.

Those bus trips often buy up the lower end zone seats which I think are some of the worst view seats to begin with so if it did decrease the bus trips,  they may have trouble selling some of those seats too.

One this new policy does seem to prove, The Bills must be missing Russ's marketing prowess.

I think the parts of the policy the Bills believe will have an effect, is requiring registration and $100 refundable deposit.  Their idea seems to be they now have the name of someone they can go after/ban/fine, and a deposit that person forfeit, in case of trouble.   So in theory, the person registering the bus is supposed to have more motivation to "ride herd" on the cats he brings.

I think they're under- charging to make a difference, myself

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they're under- charging to make a difference, myself

Definitely.  They could make it come out to averaging another TEN bucks per person and it wouldn't matter.

For many of these people, going to a Bills game is an annual event.  If the bus ticket used to cost them $50 and now it's going to cost them $52, they'll probably not even realize it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You knew officials were going to do something.  It won’t change the real craziness which happens in the private lots.

have you been in/seen the bus lot about 11:30? 

Table slamming is silly, yet makes so many people say "makes me embarassed to be a Bills Fan". I think it is silly and dumb, but funny.

That lot embarrasses the hell out of me. Garbage is strewn everywhere and it looks like a true garbage dump. How in the world people would want to tailgate amidst that filth is beyond me. If I am the Bills, i would require every bus to rent some sort of garbage container and recyclye bin..and fine the group for every piece of garbage/bottle/can I find on the ground during the tailgate. 

Make people have some pride and respect for the area, and maybe people will have pride in their behavior as well

One of the major reasons I love Hammers..pick your trash up and keep your area clean..or get the fudge out! Funny how there are never any fights or other stupidness there!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

Recall one of the funniest things I saw was someone was using a cardboard carton from a refrigerator as a pot-a-pottie. One side was cut like a door  After the gamed ended happened to walk by the same spot, the carton was gone, but could see a big wet spot on the ground.

18 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Will that perhaps be more about funding security than discouraging bus trips?

Not funding security. Security is game day expense which I billieve is paid for by the taxpayers of Erie County.

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You knew officials were going to do something.  It won’t change the real craziness which happens in the private lots.

Not all Private lots are crazy. 

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

That lot embarrasses the hell out of me. Garbage is strewn everywhere and it looks like a true garbage dump. How in the world people would want to tailgate amidst that filth is beyond me. If I am the Bills, i would require every bus to rent some sort of garbage container and recyclye bin..and fine the group for every piece of garbage/bottle/can I find on the ground during the tailgate. 

It's a dump. Filled with some if not quite a frw under age drinkers, who are there simply to get drunk.

Adding recycling bins would only cause dumpster diving. Saw enough of that with Nix/Whaley. 

Hammered - I know and appreciate the good natured fun that happens on you’re lot and you police it well.

we all appreciate you for having fun, but nothing dangerous.  I mean that as I fly up usually every September and take my boys, and we and my nephews cousins and brother always try to get into you’re lot or at least the one next to it and walk over.  You’re show from the RV is always a hit.

16 hours ago, Hammered a Lot said:

Not all Private lots are crazy. 

Yep, can’t emphasize this enough.

Been parking in two different  private lots for 15 years, nice little slices of tailgate heaven. Yeah there’s still drinking and hootin’ and hollerin’, but it’s at a relaxed, respectable level. Very neighborly.

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Yep, can’t emphasize this enough.

Been parking in two different  private lots for 15 years, nice little slices of tailgate heaven. Yeah there’s still drinking and hootin’ and hollerin’, but it’s at a relaxed, respectable level. Very neighborly.

It's unfortunate that a couple of the larger private lots are under staffed or  the owners just don't care what happens on their property. I believe this year you will see a crack down in those lots. But like what Kidd said their are plenty of respectable private lots around NEF including Chuckie's on Abbott, Shane's on Fay, Bill and Frank's on Glenn, Lori's on Allen just to name a few.