Most clutch play in Buffalo Bills history

Not necessarily the most clutch, but one that hasn't been mentioned yet:

10/7/1990:  We had a 31-24 lead late in the 4th quarter, but the Raiders were driving down the field with a chance to tie.  After Jay Schroeder completed a short pass to Willie Gault, Nate Odomes stripped & returned it for a TD to seal the game and hand the Raiders their first loss of the season.  Bills 38, Raiders 24.

As for classic anti-clutch moments: Trent Edwards running out of bounds vs the Packers on 4th & 11 with 1:19 left in the game was pretty terrible, but in reality, we were down by 27 points.  And then, mercifully, he wasn't a Bill anymore.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

My Dad took me to that Patriots game. 

We we were in the parking lot when he caught that Hail Mary.

Same exact thing. We left early. It was my Dad’s Birthday. We heard the crown go insane from outside and ran to the car to hear what happened.

• Like (+1) 1

There are a number of notable nominations in the thread but to me the Reich to Reed TD on 4th down during "The Comeback" was the most clutch call of Marv Levy's career and the most clutch execution by the Bills.  If that pass falls incomplete the Bills are still down 35-24 and I think it's fair to say the 90s Bills' run ends at two straight Super Bowls.

I don't think you can compare any play in a regular season game to this; in the playoffs Christie's FG against Tennessee or Simpson's INT against the Jets (people forget the Bills nearly blew a 24-0 lead in that game) are good candidates but for me, nothing tops the 4th down call.

• Like (+1) 2