Most clutch play in Buffalo Bills history

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

Steve Christie hitting the field goal against Houston.in the comeback game 

Earlier in this game, Bills (Marv) gambled HUUUUGE on 4th & 5 from the Oiler 20 and Reich hit Andre Reed for a TD! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

not this....

In my life I think this might have been my saddest most devastating Bills moment.  Most people would say wide right, but that just caused me numbness.  This play caused real pain - almost physical pain.  I can still remember screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! and the pain - the pain - just lingering.   I used to keep a picture from SI of the ball bouncing off Harmon's hands in my home gym as motivation to get me angry when I would lift.

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Earlier in this game, Bills (Marv) gambled HUUUUGE on 4th & 5 from the Oiler 20 and Reich hit Andre Reed for a TD! 

of course.. no question. was just trying to specifically answer the OP.. with  MHO .. agree  whole heartily with you. i would submit  kenneth davis's run  is worthy also

Edited by dwight in philly

2 hours ago, mileena said:

2. In 1981, two consecutive catches by backup RB Roland Hooks from Joe Ferguson at home to beat New England 20-17. The game was blacked out, depsite the Bills being in the midst of a playoff run, so our family gathered around the radio to listen to Van Miller's play-by-play.

The Bills were 6-5 and had just suffered two consecutive losses, and now they had to face the 2-9 Patriots at the Rich. Wih 35 seconds left and Buffalo at its on 27 down 17-13, Ferguson hit Roland Hooks for a spectacular 37-yard circus catch. Then, with no timeouts, the Bills ran up to the line (I don't think spiking the ball to stop the clock had been invented yet). With 12 seconds left at the Patriots 36, Feguson hit Hooks again with a Hail Mary catch to give the Bills the win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJNNLuwNMw

I was at this game.  I remember when the game seemed out of reach fans just streaming out the stadium in numbers I had never seen before - and I said to my brother - "We're staying - this is going to be an Alcoa Fantastic Finish!"  We were in the EZ behind the last drive - Hooks' diving catch down the middle was the greatest athletic play I have ever seen live in any sport.  It was truly remarkable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

of course.. no question. was just trying to specifically answer the OP.. with  MHO .. agree  whole heartily with you. i would submit  kenneth davis's run  is worthy also

Yep. We entered our replies to vorpma’s post at the same time

Anyway, Pick 6 of Elway in AFCC Game

Carlton Bailey’s interception return for touchdown in the 1991 AFC Championship game was the first to come to mind.  Kelly and Elway on the field yet the hero of that day was what to the casual NFL observer would be a pretty obscure name. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sad game, but Christie’s kick in the Tennessee throwback game has to be up there. That was one tough, high pressure kick. 40+ yards, on the road in horrible weather conditions, win or lose (it appeared)

I remember thinking before he kicked it that if anyone could make it it was Christie- the best clutch kicker the Bills have ever had, IMO.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:43 PM, faderphreak said:

Carlton Bailey’s interception return for touchdown in the 1991 AFC Championship game was the first to come to mind.  Kelly and Elway on the field yet the hero of that day was what to the casual NFL observer would be a pretty obscure name. 

Probably #1 for me too.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:23 PM, Buffalo Boy said:

Freddy Smerlas blocking the winning Jets field goal to send the last game of the 88 season into OT for the AFC East crown

A very big one too.

Edited by vincec

37 minutes ago, faderphreak said:

We had seats in that EZ for that game . Tough Defensive battle.

2 hours ago, Cash said:

From memory, I believe that was on the road against the 49ers, and it was during our 3-1 (4-1?  Maybe Flutie got win #4?) start in 1998.  It was a nice play by Rob Johnson, but hopefully wouldn't make my top 5 of clutch Bills plays I've seen.  I originally was doing to say "definitely wouldn't", but then I realized that I haven't seen a ton of super-clutch Bills moments.  The early 90s teams were so good they usually didn't need to be clutch, and most of the teams in the drought didn't really have opportunities to be clutch.  Even if someone makes an amazing play to win a game, how much does it matter if that was the difference between 6-10 and 7-9?

Sorry to be a downer!  Let's get more clips of clutch Bills plays in here and jog my memory!  Love the idea of this thread.  And so far, I agree that Christie's comeback FG should have the top spot.

Its was at KC, and yes, it was among the most outstanding game-winning efforts in team history 

Question: How do you post a YouTube video here like some people I have? There is no command in the comment box.

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

I was at this game.  I remember when the game seemed out of reach fans just streaming out the stadium in numbers I had never seen before - and I said to my brother - "We're staying - this is going to be an Alcoa Fantastic Finish!"  We were in the EZ behind the last drive - Hooks' diving catch down the middle was the greatest athletic play I have ever seen live in any sport.  It was truly remarkable.

I LOVED Alcoa Fantastic Finishes!!!!

Edited by mileena

15 minutes ago, mileena said:

Question: How do you post a YouTube video here like some people I have? There is no command in the comment box.

I LOVED Alcoa Fantastic Finishes!!!!

I have done it by just highliting the web address of the vid and pasting it into the message box and post it. Youtube then automatically brings up a box with start of vid for people to click on. 

It does not always work.

• Like (+1) 1