Something brewing with the Patriots?

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Then hell must have a lot of corners ?

Well, most everyone in hell had to pass by some coroner...  Oh, wait - never mind ?

Edited by cd1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, DasNootz said:

Smart  - tell suspected snitches 5 different stories and see which one ends up on Reddit.  I learned this is High Level Business Meetings 101.

Yes and Bills appeared to do that and now the leaks have stopped.

Anyone leaking should be dismissed with cause and argue with union if applicable about whether they are owed money and make sure you put it in public if leaker fights it.

2 hours ago, mannc said:

This could be one of the most ridiculous takes in the history of TSW.  Please explain how the  hands down best cheater of all time at his position is also the most overrated cheater in your lifetime.  

corrected.

4 hours ago, mannc said:

This could be one of the most ridiculous takes in the history of TSW.  Please explain how the  hands down best player of all time at his position is also the most overrated player in your lifetime.  

The guy is so good he has single handedly invented a new offensive position other teams are desperately trying to field....the huge, athletic, fast guy with great hands.

I think it would be impossible to overstate how good he is, or how valuable he is to the Patriots.  

Other than that, yeah, he sucks and is overrated.

:thumbdown:

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The guy is so good he has single handedly invented a new offensive position other teams are desperately trying to field....the huge, athletic, fast guy with great hands.

I think it would be impossible to overstate how good he is, or how valuable he is to the Patriots.  

I hate the Pats too, but the refusal to admit the obvious—just because it’s the Pats—is absurd.  I can’t stand Gronk, but it’s not even debatable that he’s the best of all time at his position, and that, other than Brady, he’s been the greatest player on the longest reigning dynasty in NFL history.  And he does not seem to be slowing down, despite the retirement talk.

Edited by mannc

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

I hate the Pats too, but the refusal to admit the obvious—just because it’s the Pats—is absurd.  I can’t stand Gronk, but it’s not even debatable that he’s the best of all time at his position, and that, other than Brady, he’s been the greatest player on the longest reigning dynasty in NFL history.  And he does not seem to be slowing down, despite the retirement talk.

sorry but it is very debatable. there have got to be at least a half dozen TE's in the history of the game better than Gronk. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

sorry but it is very debatable. there have got to be at least a half dozen TE's in the history of the game better than Gronk. 

That’s laughable.  Gronk’s postseason numbers alone (13 games) are nearly 1000 yards and 12 TDs. No one is even close, and there’s never been a TE who was as difficult to matchup with or who was such a key member of a great team for such a long period of time.  And he’s still (arguably) in his prime.

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, mannc said:

That’s laughable.  Gronk’s postseason numbers alone (13 games) are nearly 1000 yards and 12 TDs. No one is even close, and there’s never been a TE who was as difficult to matchup with or who was such a key member of a great team for such a long period of time.  And he’s still (arguably) in his prime.

I think you cpuld make an argument for Kellen Winslow Sr. The dude who actually redefined the position.

20 minutes ago, mob16151 said:

I think you cpuld make an argument for Kellen Winslow Sr. The dude who actually redefined the position.

Winslow was a good player, but it’s not close.    

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This is why I was hoping we would draft Andrews and Goedert(forgot spelling, don't care) in the draft... But I LOVE the picks we made, so i'm not mad.

On 6/9/2018 at 7:13 PM, mannc said:

Winslow was a good player, but it’s not close.    

Stat wise no,it was a different era. Impact on the game,i think you could argue he's the father of the modern TE position.