[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

20 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

If Dahlin becomes a star and the Buffalo media and fans are too busy talking about the Bills is he still a star? 

All kidding aside I am really excited for this Sabres season. Hoping to make it to a few games this year. Can't wait to see Dahlin play. I think they will be a lot better this year. 

Yes, but he'll be playing in Philly or Chicago by then.

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, but he'll be playing in Philly or Chicago by then.

I hope not. Its a shame that more Americans don't see how good hockey is. It would be nice if the Buffalo media started paying attention to one of the best rookies to come along in awhile

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Looks like the same malfunction with the Sabres' stream as last night. Let us know if you find the alternative. 

Another reason why NHL is mired as a bush league.

5 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

. It would be nice if the Buffalo media started paying attention to one of the best rookies to come along in awhile

Lol.   The Buffalo media coverage of Dahlin has been virtually wall to wall and training camp hasn't even opened yet...

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lol.   The Buffalo media coverage of Dahlin has been virtually wall to wall and training camp hasn't even opened yet...

Thats the way it should be. The Bills should be second fiddle for once. Maybe online media. Whenever I put on any of the Buffalo tv stations its Bills all the time. 

Edited by Jrb1979

Last nights game was a perfect example of talent vs system. 

Buffalo’s prospects, just like their NHL team, tried to do too much themselves and were not playing their system. 

Boston on the other hand, was very well disciplined and executed their system perfectly. They were excellent playing their gaps and taking away the puck carrier’s space. They were attacking north and south with speed. They were swarming the puck, winning their battles along the boards, and generally just skating through the Sabres players any time buffalo touched the puck. They did a good job taking away the dangerous scoring chances/areas of the ice, too. 

But to be fair, a number of those bruins players have experience paying together in the AHL. I believe 4 guys on their blue line alone played together in providence last season. It showed. Their AHL team is very well coached and they play very well within their system. 

Boston’s goalie was also excellent tonight. He was a difference maker for Boston. 

The ice conditions didn’t seem very good again. NJ struggled with it last night and Buffalo definitely struggled tonight. Guys were falling, bobbling passes and losing the puck trying to stick handle. It was kind of frustrating to watch. 

Still, lots of good to take away from that game. 

Dahlin does so many little things well, and the way he sees the ice is special.

Luukkonon looked very good in goal. He is miles better than Jonas Johansson. 

We could have something in UPL in the future. 

Tage Thompson once again stood out. He has easily been one of buffalo’s best forwards in both games. He’s. It lookin glide just some throw-in in the ROR trade, that’s for sure.

Asplund could be a player for us sooner than we think. He’s almost like a better version of JT Compher. 

Laaksonon once again showed his skill. He looks like another one that could be an impact player for Buffalo in the years to come, if he continues on his development path. 

Mittelstadt was better tonight night but still left a lot to be desired. Writing him in as the #2 C might be a bit premature. He may have to start out the season as the #3 C, or potentially in a C/W role like the end of last season (where E rod helped him out at C). 

23 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Thats the way it should be. The Bills should be second fiddle for once. Maybe online media. Whenever I put on any of the Buffalo tv stations its Bills all the time. 

I thought you were trolling or being sarcastic................Do you live in the Buffalo area?  GR talks only about the Bills and Sabres.   It seems almost half and half.  I'd say 49% each and 2% to every other sport and team combined. 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

I thought you were trolling or being sarcastic................Do you live in the Buffalo area?  GR talks only about the Bills and Sabres.   It seems almost half and half.  I'd say 49% each and 2% to every other sport and team combined. 

The local tv is all Bills all the time.