[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Sabres played like crap against Colorado tonight.

Eichel said, post game, "It felt like we probably weren't ready to play" or words to that effect.

It is game 4 after all; I can see where their attention span would be strained.

If Housley can't get them ready to play every game, can his soft ass and find someone who can.

This is inexcusable; it's not like the Sabres are a veteran, perennial contender who can take a "night off."  I know it's somewhat comical to be flip-flopping on and off the Housley bandwagon but I really have concerns.

hey @eball, these words in the BN gotta make ya feel better bout Housley right?

I didn't like our practice yesterday. I just thought it was sloppy," Okposo said. "It was a lot like how we played the first period. We weren't crisp. All year, we've been really dialed in and really ready to go. Everybody has been focused on what they need to do and tonight, it just was feeling a little bit good about ourselves I think."

"It's tough to say that you can lose games in practice but he's got a point," said defenseman Nathan Beaulieu, who scored the only Buffalo goal. "We weren't executing very well yesterday and it seemed to kind of carry into today. Our legs were heavy and we just didn't execute and there's really no excuse for it."

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

hey @eball, these words in the BN gotta make ya feel better bout Housley right?

I didn't like our practice yesterday. I just thought it was sloppy," Okposo said. "It was a lot like how we played the first period. We weren't crisp. All year, we've been really dialed in and really ready to go. Everybody has been focused on what they need to do and tonight, it just was feeling a little bit good about ourselves I think."

"It's tough to say that you can lose games in practice but he's got a point," said defenseman Nathan Beaulieu, who scored the only Buffalo goal. "We weren't executing very well yesterday and it seemed to kind of carry into today. Our legs were heavy and we just didn't execute and there's really no excuse for it."

This pisses me off. If Slowposo sensed they lacked focus and were sloppy in practice, he should have said something then and there, ON WEDNESDAY. By contrast,  Drury would have told every nonplayer to get out of the locker room and then proceed to rip everyone a new one. ZERO TOLERANCE is the only remedy but it seems we have “leaders” who don’t understand what leadership means. Slowposo does not deserve the A on his jersey if he can’t step up and say something when he sees something wrong. 

And to to make matters worse, Housley doesn’t seem to agree with Slowposo that practice was bad. Does he have the pulse of this team? I gotta wonder.

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Housley watch on again? ( i saw zero of the game btw)

I saw part of the game. The reason is that I turned the channel. This was a game in which very early on you knew what the outcome was going to be. My tolerance level has been lowered. 

3 hours ago, eball said:

This is inexcusable; it's not like the Sabres are a veteran, perennial contender who can take a "night off."  I know it's somewhat comical to be flip-flopping on and off the Housley bandwagon but I really have concerns.

I said after the opening Boston loss I'd can him if the team doesn't earn 4+ points in the remaining three games of the homestand.   Well they earned 4 so I guess I need to give him the road trip to see what happens.  

I think we can all agree Phil is a good man.  He's a solid assistant coach.  I just don't think he's head coach material.  Botts took a shot with him and it isn't working yet.  This team should be better than it is.  They need more of a leader and motivator.  I'd love to see them turn it around and be wrong.  

In game 1, he comes on afterwards and says Boston was desperate...yeah I knew that going in how does that sneak up on the Sabres?  He should of had them ready.   Last night vs. Colorado the leaders in the room say it was a poor couple days of practice and they came out flat.  How?? Why?  that can't happen.

57 minutes ago, row_33 said:

fair warning, Boston fans have nothing on obnoxious behaviour compared to Toronto fans....

Oh I get it.

one guy shouldn't be able to create on super thread by saying Sabres and NHL.   

I'm a casual fan and not a Sabres fan  (shoot me) 

Why should any of us have to sift through 50 or more pages to find a relevant post if it's not Sabres related?  

One could always request a Sabres Forum be added.  

DpVgZCxX4AAdDzQ.jpg

Game Preview: 10/13/18 vs. Arizona

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats

LAST GAME
Thursday, October 11
Colorado 6 at Buffalo 1
Goals: Beaulieu
Goalie: Hutton (24 saves/30 shots)
PP: 0/7; PK: 2/4; Shots: Buffalo 31 – Colorado 30

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 22)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Zach Bogosian (lower body, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 4 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 4 games
Sean Malone (knee, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 4 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 4 games
Vladimir Sobotka (upper body, Oct. 6) – 3 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/11: Activated F Johan Larsson from IR; Placed D Zach Bogosian on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Oct. 16: Buffalo at Vegas, 10 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 18: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 20: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 21: Buffalo at Anaheim, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 25: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at COYOTES
  • This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Coyotes this season.
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Dec. 13 in Buffalo
  • Last meeting: Arizona defeated Buffalo 4-1 in Buffalo on March 21
  • The Sabres are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Coyotes; 8-2-0 on the road.
  • This is the 79th game all-time between Buffalo and Arizona/Winnipeg; Buffalo has a 46-23-9 series record.
  • The Sabres are 21-15-2 at home against the Coyotes/Jets all-time.