[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

Im excited for the game tonight and the season. I think they will take a step forward and be in the race for the playoffs but just miss out. If the Bills are out of the playoff race early hopefully more people will take notice of the Sabres. 

We haven't played a game together as a group, yet. And it's been more than a week for many of these guys to have seen any other competition other than their own teammates. Boston has a game under their belts and should be more cohesive than us at the beginning. We need to weather the first frenetic 10 minutes as I imagine Boston will come out fast, especially after their embarrassment last night, which can have a sharp, focusing effect. That said, there is no reason we can't continue Boston's early season pain. 

I too think the Sabres will take a big jump forward this season.  The past 5 years or so the Sabres had little talent and no depth.  Eichel, Rasmus, Reinhart, Rasmus, Middlestadt, Skinner are very talented, and a great core.  And the depth behind them is worlds better than previous years.  No doubt our defense will be much better.  And our power play should be solid.  Also, I think the players are so sick of losing that winning will taste that much sweeter, and become more addictive.  The future is bright for the Sabres.  I am reserving judgement on the Bills now.  Lets go Buffalo!

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, eball said:

Toronto was able to withstand the Habs' energy and then countered when they had limited chances because they have superior skill.  I'm hoping the Sabres are the Habs (in terms of energy) but now have the talent to go with it.

Yup

Most Leafs fans I know are grumbling they didn’t win 8-0, I enjoyed a win and look forward to a Saturday win

best of luck to the Sabres tonight, stay healthy 

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Speed, quickness, possession. I would take game 82 times from the Sabres. 

No, you have a dirty player! Hell @Dante always in here yapping bout his Sharks and @njbuffis here all the time as the one devils fan west of the City. So of course join the party. Just don’t make fun of the Sabres... it’s too easy !

Let's go Devils.

They have almost the exact same line up as they ended the season with in April.

You NEVER see that in today's sports.

They are counting on lots of young players to take a step forward this year. We shall if it works.

Edited by njbuff

Nobody sucks the life out of the crowd, out of the moment, like this team. They deserve the boos at the end of the period. 

So, how will they respond? If history is any indication, they will choke on the enormity of the task and fold like the cheap team of imposters they are. 

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

calling it now..Housley does not make it home from the Western swing..new coach after this 4 game home stand

That’s ok with me. He is incapable of lighting a fire underneath these guys. He can take his Howdy Doody, milquetoast ineptitude and go work on his wife’s campaign.

• Like (+1) 1