[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

6-20: Former Dahlin teammate Matt Donovan with the Bulldog & Sal on WGR (16:54)

Former Amerk and Rasmus Dahlin teammate @SquatchDonovan joins the Bulldog & Sal now on WGR!

Matt Donovan - "He's kind of on that same level with McDavid."

Donovan on Dahlin - "Very mature for his age. Very humble. He's going to work hard no matter how good people tell him he is."

Donovan on Dahlin - "Two years ago when he first got called up, I don't think I heard him say one word. Once you get him to open up he's a good kid. I think he'll do well in an NHL locker room."

Donovan on Dahlin - "The one thing that sticks out for me is his puck handling, how he sees the ice. Some people say McDavid, he moves like that, but differently. In practice it was nothing like I've ever seen before."

Donovan on Dahlin - "McDavid did it. He's a really good player. My belief is (Rasmus) can step right in and be a great player... I don't think it'll take too long."

Donovan on Victor Olofsson & his shot - "I've tried to take his stick thinking that was the secret. He can rip the puck."

Donovan on former teammate John Tavares - "I know he's very competitive, he likes to win. He's also very loyal. I've told people I think he wants to stay, but it's getting closer to the deadline though, it makes me think more and more
he'll leave."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The NHL expects player tracking technology will be more widespread and its data more available to the public next season. "We'll hopefully make more use of it next year in an outward facing way. This year, we had it, but it was more inward facing," said deputy commissioner Bill Daly. Player tracking will be used on broadcasts and on NHL.com. The goal remains to fully integrate it into the NHL in the 2019-20 season.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fwyshynski_greg.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Greg Wyshynski, ESPN

DALLAS – In the coming days, the Buffalo Sabres could confirm what has been widely speculated for months: goalie Robin Lehner won’t be back for a fourth season.

If the Sabres can’t trade Lehner, rather than making a $4 million qualifying offer to the restricted free agent by Monday’s deadline, they might simply walk away, making him unrestricted.

With that, one of the most interesting athletes in Buffalo’s recent history will leave town.

Given the team’s old regime acquired the fiery Lehner, his weak 2017-18 season and the end of Linus Ullmark’s AHL apprenticeship, all signs point to the Sabres moving on.

On 6/20/2018 at 6:10 AM, ALF said:

I think Trotz owes a lot to the GM who brought in just the right players. 

I would stay with Housley till he has the players for his system. 

If Housely can't adapt to the players on the roster, then they should fire him now. 

On 6/20/2018 at 7:10 AM, ALF said:

I think Trotz owes a lot to the GM who brought in just the right players. 

I would stay with Housley till he has the players for his system. 

Apparently Trotz didn't think he owed that GM too much since he decided to beat him in the Stanley Cup finals.

On a side note, just imagine how good that Craps team would look if McPhee hadn't decided to trade for Martin Erat. 

6-21: NHL.com's Mike Morreale with Schopp & the Bulldog on WGR (20:17)

Schopp & the Bulldog talk with @mikemorrealeNHL now to preview tomorrow's NHL Draft!

Morreale - "#Sabres have the slam dunk at #1 with Dahlin. Looks like Svechnikov at #2. Then it starts to get tricky."

Morreale - "I think Svechnikov has a good shot to play in the NHL next year. Other then that, I think it's just him and Dahlin."

Morreale - "I think this draft goes pretty deep. After the top three, there's about 10-15 guys that every team will have on their draft board. Just waiting to draft."

Morreale on Dahlin - "Through the roof. Rasmus Dahlin to me defends like Lidstrom, skates like Karlsson... He's a physical guy too. If you hit him, he'll hit you back."

Morreale on Dahlin - "He has that it factor about him. If he were a forward in this draft, I still think he'd go #1."

Morreale on Dahlin - "He's everything you could imagine in a prospect. Phil Housley will have such a good player to work with. No one will be happier than Jack Eichel. He'll get the puck on his stick, in stride, through the neutral zone."

Morreale on Dahlin - "I think he'll be a second line pair as he eases in. I think he'll be top pair by the end of the season."

Morreale - "The #Sabres have a lot of high end prospects. Mittelstadt, Nylander, Rasmus Asplund, Victor Olofsson."

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not surprised at all by this. 

Sadly, neither am I. 

What a waste of a 1st round pick in an amazingly deep draft. 

It still pisses me off to think we could have possibly had one of the many very good players still available at that pick... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NHL_Entry_Draft

That 2015 draft alone could have set Buffalo up for a decade or more. 

Its its amazing how terrible Tim Murray was looking back in hindsight. 

He had a blank slate and a giant pile of assets, and Buffalo is not really left with much to show for it. 

Ok, done venting. Sorry. 

It's 1 day to Dahlin!  Not is not a time to be all mopey about Murray... lol 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1