[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

“Goalofsson” Haha. I love it. Kid is establishing himself quickly with 12 in six. Let all these youngins cook together in RaChaCha for the season and see if they can establish a winning culture of their own before being subjected to the losers on the big club. I think Botterill is a big advocate of sewing success as a group in the minors, too. I think Housley will be pushing the panic button before long though.

I want to see if this kid can start to get some more production at even strength.  That's when it could really start to get interesting.  So far 7 of his 12 points are on the powerplay.  He's not always going to have that space to work with.

While the numbers aren't as gaudy, Nylander's over a point per game (7 in 6).  Hopefully he's turned the corner.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

His momma should sternly tell him to comb his unruly hair. 

and why does he wear his pants so tight!!! jJohn, you be showing your age?

Prolly took him 20 minutes to get it to look just like that!

.!Should see what my kid's hair look like when he saunters out of the house in the morning!

Edited by plenzmd1

DpvOinRWwAMAEfK.jpg

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 10/18/18 at San Jose

GAME-DAY RESOURCES
Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Tuesday, October 16
Buffalo 1 at Vegas 4
Goals: Sobotka
Goalie: Hutton (25 saves/28 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 0/6; PK: 2/3; Shots: Vegas 29 – Buffalo 27

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 29)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 6 games
Sean Malone (knee, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 6 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 6 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
10/16: Activated D Zach Bogosian from IR; Assigned D Matt Tennyson to Rochester (AHL)
10/17: Signed F Matej Pekar to a three-year, entry-level contract

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Oct. 20: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 3:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 21: Buffalo at Anaheim, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 25: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 27: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 30: Calgary at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at SHARKS
  • This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Sharks this season.
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, Nov. 7 in Buffalo
  • Last meeting: San Jose defeated Buffalo 3-2 in Buffalo on Oct. 28, 2017
  • The Sabres are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Sharks; 6-3-1 on the road
  • This is the 40th game all-time between Buffalo and San Jose; Buffalo has a 24-9-6 series record.
  • The Sabres are 7-7-5 on the road against the Sharks all-time.

Have to cheer against your Sabres tonight. Other than that I like them to do well. 

Sharks are definitely not hitting on all cylinders yet. PP, oddly enough, not working. Going to take some time. IMHO I think Burns and Karlsson will have to be on separate power play squads. 

Jones has been inconsistent. Dell actually better at the moment.

Sharks usually suck the first game at home after a long road trip.

Players to watch that you might not know or be that familiar with.

Timo Meir. Tough power forward with skills. Point A to point B straight line kinda guy. Really like him.

Marcus Sorenson. 4th liner guy with surprising skill and speed. Not going to be 4th very long. Small but not afraid to go anywhere and take the crap. Really shined in the playoffs last season. Here is a nice look at what he can do.

GOOD LUCK!

Uh-oh, appears Berglund is in Housley's doghouse. Good face off man, not much else, especially speed. He his PAINFULLY slow on the ice. And he really screwed the pooch on Vegas's first goal the other night. 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

and why does he wear his pants so tight!!! jJohn, you be showing your age?

Prolly took him 20 minutes to get it to look just like that!

.!Should see what my kid's hair look like when he saunters out of the house in the morning!

These dam self-absorbed  millennials with their freaking devices get on my nerves. Although they are incapable of holding a conversation but can type texts like demons on their new expensive cell phones. If I see any of them on my lawn I'm getting the shot gun out! :ph34r:

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

Uh-oh, appears Berglund is in Housley's doghouse. Good face off man, not much else, especially speed. He his PAINFULLY slow on the ice. And he really screwed the pooch on Vegas's first goal the other night. 

He looked like he had a serious Vegas hangover... he was half dead during that game. 

I remember At. Louis fans saying he had a reputation as a bit of a party boy, so it wouldn’t surprise me if that were indeed the case. 

I know Berglund missed practice after the LV game. Housley said he was banged up. So it could also be in part due to injury. 

Could not have drawn up a worst start. 4 minute major in the first two minutes of play, two power play goals against and counting. 

Great. Another penalty. This team blows chunks. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

Kyle Okposo is a liability and that's as polite as I can say it. A lazy high sticking penalty to start the game that cost us two PP goals against and he has NO business being on the first PP unit. He makes crap passes, takes shots too easily stopped, and is a drag to the rest of the unit. 

Housley continues to be clueless with this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Much better period, but the clueless, poor decision making continues. Kudos to Bogo with five blocks through two. 

Pominville can join Okposo on waivers. They are both dead weights on this team. Their experience is great, but their best days are behind them and they can't hack it any longer. 

The poor decisions, across all the lines and d pairs continues to baffle. How can a team be so collectively stupid, so consistently? If that's not preparation, I don't know what is. That's coaching more than anything.