[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

And I love the man even more because of it! 

He was great today att he parade!

And we thought the Sabres had a bad lockeroom..this is some crazy poop going on in Ottawa

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/mike-hoffmans-longtime-girlfriend-allegedly-behind-campaign-of-harassment-against-melinda-and-erik-karlsson?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1528833298

I would think they both have to go...at lower prices than expected..and Hoffman may be big time unemployable if the allegations are true.

6-13: Frolunda Captain Joel Lundqvist Talks Rasmus Dahlin with Jeremy White on WGR (8:22)

It's time to get #DialedInOnDahlin with @frolunda_hc captain and teammate of Rasmus Dahlin, Joel Lundqvist! He joins Jeremy White next on WGR!

Lundqvist - You could tell earliy that Dahlin was something else. He did stuff on the ice right away that made you think he's something special. He's gotten better and better, and he matured a lot this season. He's a top player in Sweden. #Sabres

Lundqvist - Dahlin had a really good year this seaspn overall with Frolunda, the Swedish National Team. He has all the skills to play in the NHL for sure. He needs to improve on some parts of his game, but I think he's ready to play in the NHL. #Sabres

Lundqvist - Dahlin has been playing with pressure since he was 16. He will face even more pressure next year in the NHL, but I think he can adapt to the game. #Sabres

Lundqvist - There's a big difference between Dahlin's first season and second season in the SHL. He's matured a lot, really stepped up his game. It was a big adjustment for him. #Sabres

Lundqvist - To play that good game-after-game at his age, I've never seen that before. Dahlin has got some extra talent for sure. #Sabres

Lundqvist - Dahlin is a smart player, he reads the game well. He's quiet to start, but he will get more relaxed and comfortable in the group. #Sabres

Lundqvist - Olofsson had a great season last year, improved a lot. He has the quickness and shot. He's very explosive in his game. Good guy off the ice as well. #Sabres

Lundqvist - Olofsson has the speed and shot to fit into the NHL. It will be an adjustment for him, but he has the tools. #Sabres

2 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

AS I LINKED ABOVE?...this is nasty. Trolling someone after they lose a child is about as low as low can go..if true. The trolling is real..just who is it that dis the trolling is the question. 

Both these guys can/probably will be traded this year..I am curious if anyone would want Hoffman if it was his girl

The Devils are going to have a massive deal in place for John Tavares.

And if the Caps can't bang out an 11th hour deal with Carlson, the Devils are going to have a massive offer for him too.

Crazy goings on in Devils land.

I am not saying any of this will work out, but this is just insane.

If the Devils land BOTH Tavares and Carlson, HOLY COW. 

But I can't put the cart in front of the horse.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Devils are going to have a massive deal in place for John Tavares.

And if the Caps can't bang out an 11th hour deal with Carlson, the Devils are going to have a massive offer for him too.

Crazy goings on in Devils land.

I am not saying any of this will work out, but this is just insane.

If the Devils land BOTH Tavares and Carlson, HOLY COW. 

But I can't put the cart in front of the horse.

Doesn't seem likely.

12 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Iirc, Fasching was originally acquired in a trade for Braydon McNabb. Now he is dealt for another defenseman, meaning, in essence, the Sabres swapped McNabb for Hickey.

Will be interesting to compare their careers a few years down the road.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

7 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Iirc, Fashing was originally acquired in a trade for Braydon McNabb. Now he is dealt for another defenseman, meaning, in essence, the Sabres swapped McNabb for Hickey.

Turned out to be another Murray misfire. 

9 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Iirc, Fasching was originally acquired in a trade for Braydon McNabb. Now he is dealt for another defenseman, meaning, in essence, the Sabres swapped McNabb for Hickey.

It was actually McNabb and TWO 2nd round picks for Fasching and Deslauriers

Well, let's see if Brandon Hickey even signs here first. 

Hes is a college senior. He can turn UFA on August 15th. He's been traded 3 times now and hasn't even started his NHL career yet, because He has already refused to sign in Calgary (which is why he was traded to Arizona) and in Arizona (which is why he was traded here). 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Turned out to be another Murray misfire. 

No kidding. Just another brutal trade and horrible asset management by Tim Murray. 

We trade two 2nd round picks and Brayden McNabb, who was just #2 in even strength ice time (among defenseman) for the Stanley Cup runner up, for basically nothing.

We have Zac Redmond (career AHL defenseman) to show form that trade at the moment. And maybe Brandon Hickey if he decides to sign here, and possibly another career AHL player (Mike Sislo) if he signs here as a UFA. 

Where as McNabb would easily be in our top 4 right now.

And i get that as far as the two 2nd round picks, the odds of drafting a good NHL player are not all that high. But it's more about what that package could have potentially brought Buffalo. You package two 2nds with a good young defenseman on his ELC, who's coming off an AHL all star appearance (McNabb at the time of trade) and ready to take the next step to the NHL, I have a hard time believing that Buffalo couldn't have used that package of assets for a better player than 4th round pick Hudson Fasching.